Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ben Chilwell

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

given that he didn't seem to be there yesterday, i wonder if he is having an op of some kind or he's been told to stay off it completely 

Maybe advised not to drive using peddles stretch those tendons. Obviously in normal circumstances he could have a driver to get there, but would have been unnecessary seeing he wouldn't have been working. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sphericalfox said:

Luke is ready to transition into more games where necessary it would seem, but you think he's Europe-ready or a solid first-teamer from 1-3 games?

I’d suggest if he plays well against Spurs and then Man Utd he’s more than ready!

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

given that he didn't seem to be there yesterday, i wonder if he is having an op of some kind or he's been told to stay off it completely 

This crosses my mind also, Fuchs was there I believe as he posted a picture on his instagram

Asked initially about whether Chilwell would play for Leicester again, Rodgers said: ‘I’m not sure’ but then added: ‘He is a Leicester City player and not a player we want to lose, so I am quite relaxed it.

‘I am not worried at all. We’ve got a fantastic squad that we want to keep together, so I don’t worry. There’s no intention to sell Ben Chilwell and there is absolutely no need for us to sell him, so if you need to promote a message then the message is he is not for sale, as simple as that.’

The REAL reason why Chilwell won't be sold this summer:-

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/chelsea/injury-news/news/ben-chilwell-to-miss-start-of-next-season_407007.html

None of the gubbins that Rodgers says, about the club deciding not to sell him - he's actually bu**ered this summer and no one will touch him!  I have heard from a journo mate, that Chilwell was booked in for surgery on his heel this week - and that's why no one saw him at the KP on Thursday (confirming what St Albans Fox suggested above).  The prognosis that was mentioned, was that he is unlikely to be back playing First team football until October - about the same time as Pereira.

So, no Chilwell sale to fund big transfers in this summer.  Our budget will be more limited - unless the likes of Maddison are sold.  His injury is not a serious one and I guess he might be available this summer, if a big enough offer comes in!?

Edited by Outfox the Fox
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Outfox the Fox said:

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/chelsea/injury-news/news/ben-chilwell-to-miss-start-of-next-season_407007.html

None of the gubbins that Rodgers says, about the club deciding not to sell him - he's actually bu**ered this summer and no one will touch him!  I have heard from a journo mate, that Chilwell was booked in for surgery on his heel this week - and that's why no one saw him at the KP on Thursday.  The prognosis that was mentioned, was that he is unlikely to be back playing First team football until October - about the same time as Pereira.

So, no Chilwell sale to fund big transfers in this summer.  Our budget will be more limited - unless the likes of Maddison are sold.  His injury is not a serious one and I guess he might be available this summer, if a big enough offer comes in!?

Maddison won't be sold

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Outfox the Fox said:

None of the gubbins that Rodgers says, about the club deciding not to sell him - he's actually bu**ered this summer and no one will touch him!  I have heard from a journo mate, that Chilwell was booked in for surgery on his heel this week - and that's why no one saw him at the KP on Thursday (confirming what St Albans Fox suggested above).  The prognosis that was mentioned, was that he is unlikely to be back playing First team football until October - about the same time as Pereira.

So, injuries have meant we've kept Chilwell and Pereira this summer.  I guess (if they go back to the form they have shown before, when they return in October), there could be queue for them in January ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bald reynard said:

So, injuries have meant we've kept Chilwell and Pereira this summer.  I guess (if they go back to the form they have shown before, when they return in October), there could be queue for them in January ?

Barring a Mahrez like strike, I can't see us letting any first teamers go in January. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bald reynard said:

And with Chilwell likely to be out until October, we will need to splash some cash on a new Left Back - despite Luke Thomas's emergence and the possible return of Fuchs in September (if he gets a new contract).  I know we've been linked with a few Left Backs, but if Chilwell is back in October, we won't want to spend big - possibly £10m to £20m, no more.  Unless we think Ben will go in January!  

Just now, Outfox the Fox said:

And with Chilwell likely to be out until October, we will need to splash some cash on a new Left Back - despite Luke Thomas's emergence and the possible return of Fuchs in September (if he gets a new contract).  I know we've been linked with a few Left Backs, but if Chilwell is back in October, we won't want to spend big - possibly £10m to £20m, no more.  Unless we think Ben will go in January!  

Fuchs signed a new contract weeks ago. Unless Chilwell goes there won't be a left back signing.

2 hours ago, bald reynard said:

...no chance!!!

Do you realise how much they would cost, being sold to Premiership clubs. If we are featuring in the top six it would be madness for us to consider and even more crazy for potential buyers.

7 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Neuhaus and Pérez rotating would arguably get us more goals than Maddison - I think their both superior finishers but then Maddison has an eye for a pass that neither of them quite do. 

I agree that a Maddison at his best is brilliant in the opponent's half but Neuhaus has been consistent this year, one of the best in Europe as a box to box midfielder and a fantastatic carrier of the ball. As slick as Ngolo.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Outfox the Fox said:

Does anyone know what he's actually done to his heel? 

But you'd think no clue is stupid enough to spend £70mill on a player who is injured for a few months. 

21 minutes ago, Blue Collar said:

I agree that a Maddison at his best is brilliant in the opponent's half but Neuhaus has been consistent this year, one of the best in Europe as a box to box midfielder and a fantastatic carrier of the ball. As slick as Ngolo.

Big fan of Neuhaus too, but see no reason for Gladbach to sell now they're back in the Champions League next season.

On topic, sounds like Chilwell and Maddison are definitely staying to me, so might as well /close thread 😉

45 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Neuhaus and Pérez rotating would arguably get us more goals than Maddison - I think their both superior finishers but then Maddison has an eye for a pass that neither of them quite do. 

Perez also has an eye for a pass, since he's been playing at CAM he's played so many through balls to Vardy 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

He’s got plantar fasciitis, it’s an injury where there’s a build up of wear and tear or overuse at the bottom of the heal/foot over time.

To be honest it wouldn’t surprise me if the club feel that selling him this summer is an option because it’s a hard injury to shake. Hopefully for him the surgery means he won’t have it reoccur in the future, plus we’ve relied on him to put in a lot of running down that left hand side this season. 

Ah okay, one of those as a result of the quick turn around to each game then. 

Hopefully the surgery helps to resolve the issue completely and with time he's able to return. Proper blow with Fuchs also being out for a while. 

We just have to hope Thomas is able to continue to step up. 

On 17/07/2020 at 21:29, Blue Collar said:

I can't scream it louder, get Florian Neuhaus while Gladbach is in need of cash and regardless of Maddison staying or leaving. Thuram would be too much to ask, unless Nacho and other fringers are sold.

How in need of cash are they? They got CL football and their DoF said they aren't selling any of their players...

6 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Nobody will buy him if he is out until October. Nobody will buy Maddison with Grealish available (if he is available). I think the only way we're getting a cash influx is if we get CL money. Otherwise I think we can kiss new signings goodbye.

We really need to be quick to get the 2-3 free transfers available in Malang Sarr, Adil Aouchiche and/or Angel Gomes.

Gomes likely to cost several million in compensation but he would be the ideal back up to Maddison. We could then look to free up as much wages as possible in binning Silva, Slimani, Amartey, Ghezzal, Kapustka, Diabate and a few others and hopefully have enough money left to get a left footed right winger to come and make an impact. 

Luka Jovic on a season long loan with the obligation to buy at £31m next summer and I'll meet you in the winners enclosure. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We really need to be quick to get the 2-3 free transfers available in Malang Sarr, Adil Aouchiche and/or Angel Gomes.

Gomes likely to cost several million in compensation but he would be the ideal back up to Maddison. We could then look to free up as much wages as possible in binning Silva, Slimani, Amartey, Ghezzal, Kapustka, Diabate and a few others and hopefully have enough money left to get a left footed right winger to come and make an impact. 

Luka Jovic on a season long loan with the obligation to buy at £31m next summer and I'll meet you in the winners enclosure. 

Binning off the players listed above is easier said than done. Won’t be easy finding someone who wants them and is prepared to cover the big contracts they are likely to be on here.

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

depending on his fitness I wouldn’t necessarily bin of amartey this summer with Ricardo and and the problems at left back. Could need Justin to move left back and amartey come in at right back. Keep him until January and assess then.