Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

9 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Fits the bill, 100% and we've been linked before when he was at Augsburg.

I think a left sided, more experienced (26-29 yrs old) CB is what they'll be after, you don't really want to sign a youngster like Fofana and have to throw them in with Cags and relatively inexprienced full-backs on the opening day. And a left footer would mean Cags can go on the right if we go to 3atb where he looks a bit more comfortable for me.

Schmeichel

Söyüncü Evans Hinteregger

Ricardo Ndidi Tielemans Castagne

Maddison

Vardy Édouard

With a second string of Ward/Jakupovic; Justin, Morgan/Benkovic, Fuchs; Albrighton, Mendy/Choudhury, Praet, Thomas; Pérez; Iheanacho, Barnes/Gray. Would negate the need for an additional attacking midfield player.

I reckon it's Soton that are after him, but I agree he would fit the bill here.

Your 2nd XI really highlights how poor our CB options are currently, and that's with a player we don't have in the first XI. If we're even considering using 3 at the back as an option this season, then I think we will have to bring 2 CBs in, at least.

I think there is something in the Fofana speculation, but I think we might want someone more experienced as well as him if we're serious about 3atb.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I reckon it's Soton that are after him, but I agree he would fit the bill here.

Your 2nd XI really highlights how poor our CB options are currently, and that's with a player we don't have in the first XI. If we're even considering using 3 at the back as an option this season, then I think we will have to bring 2 CBs in, at least.

I think there is something in the Fofana speculation, but I think we might want someone more experienced as well as him if we're serious about 3atb.

One of the reports says it's not Southampton, I would think them unlikely to bring in another anyway given they've just spent big on Salisu.

I think both Justin and Fuchs are handy on either side, and you can have Morgan in Evans' position in the centre where pace is less important. Even then you have Benkovic who they might consider ready.

34 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Fits the bill, 100% and we've been linked before when he was at Augsburg.

I think a left sided, more experienced (26-29 yrs old) CB is what they'll be after, you don't really want to sign a youngster like Fofana and have to throw them in with Cags and relatively inexprienced full-backs on the opening day. And a left footer would mean Cags can go on the right if we go to 3atb where he looks a bit more comfortable for me.

Schmeichel

Söyüncü Evans Hinteregger

Ricardo Ndidi Tielemans Castagne

Maddison

Vardy Édouard

With a second string of Ward/Jakupovic; Justin, Morgan/Benkovic, Fuchs; Albrighton, Mendy/Choudhury, Praet, Thomas; Pérez; Iheanacho, Barnes/Gray. Would negate the need for an additional attacking midfield player.

N'Dicka is the left footed CB from Frankfurt i'd want here.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

One of the reports says it's not Southampton, I would think them unlikely to bring in another anyway given they've just spent big on Salisu.

I think both Justin and Fuchs are handy on either side, and you can have Morgan in Evans' position in the centre where pace is less important. Even then you have Benkovic who they might consider ready.

Maybe. Doesn't strike me as a typical Leicester signing due to his age, but maybe we think he's worth the fee.

Wes and Fuchs are both increasingly past-it and injury-prone. Benkovic also could be injury prone and is also unproven at this level. In an ordinary season, these 3 might be acceptable options, but now we have EL to contend with in an already condensed fixture list. We will need to rotate a lot, and if one or two of these are often missing, then we will run the risk of burning out our first choice defenders.

This is all assuming we're using 3atb, though, which we may not be.

Hinteregger is a watch as a neutral, similar to the whole Frankfurt side to be fair. You never know if he's going to pop up with two towering headers in a 5-3 win or chip in with two own goals in a horror show 6-1 defeat. Totally exhilarating and terrifying all in one. Not sure I could handle it. 

I could be way off but I'm starting to get the sneaking suspicion that we may be gearing up for a group official announcement. 

We know that Castagne is done and just awaiting official confirmation, who says that a few other players are not in the same position and we are waiting to unveil the lot of them? 

I'm almost 100% convinced that Fofana is all but done given his social media activity and maybe another. 

Triple announcement of Castagne, Fofana and McNeil is my prediction. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I could be way off but I'm starting to get the sneaking suspicion that we may be gearing up for a group official announcement. 

We know that Castagne is done and just awaiting official confirmation, who says that a few other players are not in the same position and we are waiting to unveil the lot of them? 

I'm almost 100% convinced that Fofana is all but done given his social media activity and maybe another. 

Now that's my kind of optimism!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much, but I'm thinking you could be right.

I agree about Fofana. If we're not signing him, then we must have at least been very close.

• Like 1

Just now, Raw Dykes said:

I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much, but I'm thinking you could be right.

I agree about Fofana. If we're not signing him, then we must have at least been very close.

And if we were very close and killed the deal then why? Maybe a more preferred option became available? Fofana was 2nd/3rd choice and we gave up on the others but at the last minute had a breakthrough and got like Kabak or something? 

1 minute ago, Foxy_Bear said:

And if we were very close and killed the deal then why? Maybe a more preferred option became available? Fofana was 2nd/3rd choice and we gave up on the others but at the last minute had a breakthrough and got like Kabak or something? 

I think we're probably getting ahead of ourselves a tad, but I just can't think of any other explanation as to why he'd start following us out of the blue.

My suspicion is that a deal could be close. If not, then you could be right - maybe a better alternative became available. We'll have to wait and see, but I'm a lot more optimistic about our transfer activity since we've (almost certainly) made our first signing of the season.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I may be way off here but one thing that struck me about Tielemans last season is I thought he looked as if he was carrying a tiny bit more weight than he needed to. At elite level that can make a huge difference to match sharpness and form, I hope he's back in training at the moment in the shape of his life as that would make a difference imo.

...I find it hard for a professional player to be overweight in the season!!!

Is that an indictment on the back room staff?

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

...I find it hard for a professional player to be overweight in the season!!!

Is that an indictment on the back room staff?

I've often thought the same, given players are weighed and have their fat content analysed periodically these days. I'm not sure how it can end up being the case. Tbh in Rodgers time at Celtic the players were fitter and leaner than ever, certainly more than they are now. I guess these small margins make more of a difference at EPL level though. Morelos seems to get away with it just fine at Rangers as he looks about two stone overweight at the moment lol

23 minutes ago, Grantham Fox said:

Just saw someone on Facebook mention Chiesa is available for £40m from Fiorentina. Left footed right winger. Think he’d be worth a punt, maybe if we could incorporate Ghezzal into the deal too as they want him. Admittedly I haven’t seen much of him, but heard good things.

I think they're after Slimani, as well.

1 hour ago, Grantham Fox said:

Just saw someone on Facebook mention Chiesa is available for £40m from Fiorentina. Left footed right winger. Think he’d be worth a punt, maybe if we could incorporate Ghezzal into the deal too as they want him. Admittedly I haven’t seen much of him, but heard good things.

He's a right footed left winger but absolutely mustard.

Wouldn't surprise me if we weren't considering Andreas Pereira from Man Utd now he's been made available for transfer, especially with van de Beek signing. 

We have a record of having longer-term targets and following up on them - Castagne, Dragovic, Adrien Silva - and we've been linked with Pereira for a number of seasons. 

But would Man Utd sell to a rival club? :) 

1 hour ago, Grantham Fox said:

Got the Fiorentia job on FM and this guy got me the Serie A title almost single handedly. Left for Man City for £90m the following summer. Based on that, the guy is worth it 😂

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Wouldn't surprise me if we weren't considering Andreas Pereira from Man Utd now he's been made available for transfer, especially with van de Beek signing. 

We have a record of having longer-term targets and following up on them - Castagne, Dragovic, Adrien Silva - and we've been linked with Pereira for a number of seasons. 

But would Man Utd sell to a rival club? :) 

We aren't a rival club. 

We were, but top 4 are streets ahead now imo