Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

I want 3 wise signings.   I want to stop reading crepes on this forum about players who the club isn't even looking at.  

We have a strong squad.  Three signings to enhance our current players would be great.

I want Shmeichel, Perreira, Justin, Fuchs, Evans, Soyuncu, Benkovic, N'didi, Choudhury,  Praet, Maddison, Tielemans, Gray, Albrighton, Perez, Iheanacho, Barnes and Vardy to be in our squad this season.

I  understand why the club are retaining Ward, Jakupovic, Mendy and Morgan

James and Amartey are both surplus to requirements.   

Thomas, Dewsbury-Hall  and Tavares have great potential and would not affect the 25.

Knight possibly means we need two not three players.

So...

A left back and a forward minded player with magic in the boots, please.  And a cb if Knight is not seen as good enough..

We have a strong squad

I think I said it last week but I really can't see us signing someone before the end of next week. We might just squeeze someone in before start of the season. I was slightly hoping that Chilly's sale would be the first domino to fall across the transfer window but it's not happened. 

I thought we'd maybe get 3 players in - a CB, LB and a winger. By start of the season I thought we'd have at least got Chillwell's replacement in. Admittedly we are still two weeks away from that and these things move quickly but I think we'll all be waiting longer than we'd hoped. It seems that, across the leagues, players are working out whether to stick or twist.

Might have to really be prepared to wait until middle of September for something meaningful to happen. It's the same for a lot of other clubs, too. We're not alone. 

7 hours ago, NasPb said:

What realistic right winger would you lot like to sign 

How realistic is realistic? Thauvin would be ok, and cheap. Neres is arguably realistic, after we see him play a couple games to make sure he recovers well from his injury. Those are two names I like that I think we could sign. 

Just now, Nicolo Barella said:

How realistic is realistic? Thauvin would be ok, and cheap. Neres is arguably realistic, after we see him play a couple games to make sure he recovers well from his injury. Those are two names I like that I think we could sign. 

Someone weve been linked with or could be. Neres doesnt seem realistic to me

1 minute ago, NasPb said:

Someone weve been linked with or could be. Neres doesnt seem realistic to me

I think Neres is realistic. We could pay him more, and offer him a platform to the biggest clubs in the world, which he won't get if he stays at Ajax - look at the cautiousness of big clubs to go for players like Ziyech and Tagliafico. All Ajax have over us is the CL and a bigger name, which I doubt he cares much about.

22 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Aston Villa, ourselves and Manchester United are the only 3 clubs in the EPL who haven't made a signing yet.

Sums Manchester United up. Dortmund can thank Leicester's capitulation as it's meant the Glazers have an excuse not to spend anything. They won't win anything of significance for years now.

We have no excuses. Surely our money situation can't be worse than the average sides in this league?

It's been abysmal, this summer. Thoroughly depressing so far.

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I think Neres is realistic. We could pay him more, and offer him a platform to the biggest clubs in the world, which he won't get if he stays at Ajax - look at the cautiousness of big clubs to go for players like Ziyech and Tagliafico. All Ajax have over us is the CL and a bigger name, which I doubt he cares much about.

He's also achieved everything he is likely to achieve at Ajax.

40 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

And they have loads of attacking options, with Antony already signed to replace him.

I'd be very happy with him or David Brooks.

Trincao was the one but that isn't happening.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jeffschlupp said:

Cup tied for which competition?

The window shuts before the Europa League squad needs registering, and the League Cup only has three rounds before Christmas.

My bad got the dates wrong. Either way at the minute it’s shite and I can’t see us getting 2 players never mind 4 

I cannot fathom what we are doing seems an almighty risk, to wait till later in the window to bring in players. The way we are going it’s going to be a tall order to be competitive in the premier next season with a European Campaign as well. I hope the powers at be at the club do something soon!

10 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

I cannot fathom what we are doing seems an almighty risk, to wait till later in the window to bring in players. The way we are going it’s going to be a tall order to be competitive in the premier next season with a European Campaign as well. I hope the powers at be at the club do something soon!

I think it might be the case that we are waiting for prices to come down. It's possible that a lot of clubs are still trying to get pre-COVID fees for players, but may be likely to blink nearer the deadline. I do agree that it seems risky, especially as some players will have to go into quarantine if/when they arrive. I just hope we can get off to a decent start to the season with what we've got.

15 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I think it might be the case that we are waiting for prices to come down. It's possible that a lot of clubs are still trying to get pre-COVID fees for players, but may be likely to blink nearer the deadline. I do agree that it seems risky, especially as some players will have to go into quarantine if/when they arrive. I just hope we can get off to a decent start to the season with what we've got.

I understand where you are coming from, I think it’s more important to bring in players now rather than later even if we have to spend a bit more money, the likes of Manchester City and co do it for the right players, so why cannot we ?!it’s a risk spending more money I understand that but our situation is precarious, I worry with our schedule next season, our form wasn’t the greatest towards the end of the season, so we do need to freshen up the squad, but in our case, if we finish in the Top 6 again and do well in Europe it’s a risk worth taking spending a bit more money, we need minimum of 2 first team players (LB and RW) who we need ASAP imo, and 1-2 squad players (CB and or Striker / midfielder) Not a necessity to bring In but would be nice.

28 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

I understand where you are coming from, I think it’s more important to bring in players now rather than later even if we have to spend a bit more money, the likes of Manchester City and co do it for the right players, so why cannot we ?!it’s a risk spending more money I understand that but our situation is precarious, I worry with our schedule next season, our form wasn’t the greatest towards the end of the season, so we do need to freshen up the squad, but in our case, if we finish in the Top 6 again and do well in Europe it’s a risk worth taking spending a bit more money, we need minimum of 2 first team players (LB and RW) who we need ASAP imo, and 1-2 squad players (CB and or Striker / midfielder) Not a necessity to bring In but would be nice.

I think it's a balancing act. You could be right to say it's better to just spend now, but then there's a chance that a possible drop in prices in a couple of weeks means we can get 4 new signings, instead of just 3, for example.

I couldn't agree more with you about what the squad needs, by the way. That's exactly what I think, although I'd say a CB is probably about as important as the LB and RW.

• Like 1

Just now, Raw Dykes said:

I think it's a balancing act. You could be right to say it's better to just spend now, but then there's a chance that a possible drop in prices in a couple of weeks means we can get 4 new signings, instead of just 3, for example.

I couldn't agree more with you about what the squad needs, by the way. That's exactly what I think, although I'd say a CB is probably about as important as the LB and RW.

Agreed it’s a balancing act, for security of mind I am sure Rodgers and co would prefer to have the players sooner in the club. But agree with your statement.

I really hope we make a signing soon! :fc:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raw Dykes said:

Prices will only come down for players that clubs don't really want to keep, which is seldom the sorts of players we go after. Or if clubs are really in the shit financially, but that's not what we are seeing yet. Clubs may well be facing financial problems but they'll ride it out past this window which will be a huge mistake for us.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Prices will only come down for players that clubs don't really want to keep, which is seldom the sorts of players we go after. Or if clubs are really in the shit financially, but that's not what we are seeing yet. Clubs may well be facing financial problems but they'll ride it out past this window which will be a huge mistake for us.

While that is true, those unwanted players moving on may well have a knock-on effect for the rest of the market. A club might not want to sell a player, but may decide it makes sense to sell if they can replace easily and make a profit. I still think there could be more activity nearer the end of the window.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

While that is true, those unwanted players moving on may well have a knock-on effect for the rest of the market. A club might not want to sell a player, but may decide it makes sense to sell if they can replace easily and make a profit. I still think there could be more activity nearer the end of the window.

I think there will be plenty of activity but we have quite a poor past at trying to recruit multiple players in the closing days of windows. Seem to find it difficult to concentrate on more than 1 deal at a time.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think there will be plenty of activity but we have quite a poor past at trying to recruit multiple players in the closing days of windows. Seem to find it difficult to concentrate on more than 1 deal at a time.

You're not wrong.

I've got a sneaking suspicion that a deal for Fofana might be completed any day. If that's right, then we only really need a LB and RW. 5 weeks should be enough to get that done. I just hope the fax machine's been serviced.