Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Tbh, Mbuemo seems exactly like our sort of signing

A fluid 3-4-3 / 4-1-4-1 with Justin as a 3rd centre back and Barnes and Mbuemo either side of Vardy would make me feel much more assured going in to the season. Could do with a left footed CB too.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

A fluid 3-4-3 / 4-1-4-1 with Justin as a 3rd centre back and Barnes and Mbuemo either side of Vardy would make me feel much more assured going in to the season. Could do with a left footed CB too.

So a system that leaves Maddison out of the starting 11 :whistle:

13 minutes ago, kingfox said:

So no Youri :nigel:

There will be games where we play 3-4-3 with one of Youri or Maddison and others where we play with 2 wingers/forwards either side of Vardy. Wolves regularly alternate between 3-4-3 and 3-5-2

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

There will be games where we play 3-4-3 with one of Youri or Maddison and others where we play with 2 wingers/forwards either side of Vardy. Wolves regularly alternate between 3-4-3 and 3-5-2

Maddison and youri partnership is the reason 2019 was such a good year for us. Both of them need to start as many games together next year as possible if we even have a hope of replicating that success.

5 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Maddison and youri partnership is the reason 2019 was such a good year for us. Both of them need to start as many games together next year as possible if we even have a hope of replicating that success.

I agree but the form needs to return as Tielemans has looked much better without Maddison but I'm not suggesting one of them doesn't play most weeks just that 3-4-3 will be a system used against certain opposition of 3 at the back is the stock system we use.

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I agree but the form needs to return as Tielemans has looked much better without Maddison but I'm not suggesting one of them doesn't play most weeks just that 3-4-3 will be a system used against certain opposition of 3 at the back is the stock system we use.

Tielemans struggled last year because he plays best with a pacy forward making runs behind opposition lines in front of him, something that perez doesnt provide, not because of maddison. If we get a proper rw i guarantee you tielemans will return to form in the 4141 formation. 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I watched quite a lot of games last season and I'd agree with this. This is where you expect the 200l a week manager to come up with a system that gets the best out of both of them most weeks. It was a joke shunting Maddioson out left, he'd have been as well dropping him as he was about as effective as an ashtray on a motorbike out there.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, honeybradger said:

Tielemans struggled last year because he plays best with a pacy forward making runs behind opposition lines in front of him, something that perez doesnt provide, not because of maddison. If we get a proper rw i guarantee you tielemans will return to form in the 4141 formation. 

I tend to agree but Maddison started dropping deeper and deeper as our form suffered and it didn't suit Youri being camped in our half with no creative outlet to get the ball to to create those openings that we were so good at. We started to go a bit more direct in 3-4-1-2 which if you drop Maddison in there behind Vardy and either Barnes or Iheanacho then hopefully we stretch play quicker and get Maddison and Tielemans pulling the strings again.

7 hours ago, ronnup said:

Holding on to that Trincao deal is madness. It's gone. 

It's unlikely but having read the recent reports on how desperate Barcelona's finances are looking, it's not quite out of the question. 

If Messi doesn't leave or the contract situation gets into the courts, Barcelona will have to reduce their wage bill through sales or loans of other players. Looks like Rakitic is going to Sevilla but along with Messi, the other high earners include Pique, Suarez, Alba and Busquets who they may struggle to offload. 

And Barcelona's directors can be on the hook to pay back debts if the finances are mismanaged and they'll want to do anything they can to avoid having to do this. Bartomeu is someone who has gone back on his word regularly so wouldn't surprise me if he ultimately sanctioned a deal for us to sign Trincao.  

Also, don't get this 'we don't have money' claim - we supposedly bid 45m for Trincao even before the Chilwell sale. 

12 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

So let’s say that Brendan announces tomorrow that we will be playing with wing-backs this season so although we will be getting another attacker, it likely won’t be a winger.

Thoughts?

I would be disappointed we bought Castagne (assuming we do), if we're to play with wingbacks they should have as much end product as possible, which Castagne doesn't have. I'd think that it probably wouldn't work too well as a possession system tbh, and I'd be worried for the season ahead.

17 hours ago, honeybradger said:

I may be way off here but one thing that struck me about Tielemans last season is I thought he looked as if he was carrying a tiny bit more weight than he needed to. At elite level that can make a huge difference to match sharpness and form, I hope he's back in training at the moment in the shape of his life as that would make a difference imo.

5 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I may be way off here but one thing that struck me about Tielemans last season is I thought he looked as if he was carrying a tiny bit more weight than he needed to. At elite level that can make a huge difference to match sharpness and form, I hope he's back in training at the moment in the shape of his life as that would make a difference imo.

Yh he looked a lot slimmer after lockdown and is looking trim now. Think this will be a much better season for him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Frankfurt reportedly turned down a 20m euro bid for hinteregger from an unnamed English club. Plays left side of a back 3, got 8 goals and 2 assists from centre back last yeat. Would not be surprised if that was us. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/tbrfootball.com/report-southampton-told-to-pay-22-5m-to-sign-martin-hinteregger/amp/

6 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Frankfurt reportedly turned down a 20m euro bid for hinteregger from an unnamed English club. Plays left side of a back 3, got 8 goals and 2 assists from centre back last yeat. Would not be surprised if that was us. 

Fits the bill, 100% and we've been linked before when he was at Augsburg.

I think a left sided, more experienced (26-29 yrs old) CB is what they'll be after, you don't really want to sign a youngster like Fofana and have to throw them in with Cags and relatively inexprienced full-backs on the opening day. And a left footer would mean Cags can go on the right if we go to 3atb where he looks a bit more comfortable for me.

Schmeichel

Söyüncü Evans Hinteregger

Ricardo Ndidi Tielemans Castagne

Maddison

Vardy Édouard

With a second string of Ward/Jakupovic; Justin, Morgan/Benkovic, Fuchs; Albrighton, Mendy/Choudhury, Praet, Thomas; Pérez; Iheanacho, Barnes/Gray. Would negate the need for an additional attacking midfield player.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Not sure it would be us as not our normal policy to pay 20m for a player soon to be 28.