Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

32 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

Oh! Did not realise that at all, thought it was just one year. Makes sense though - if he gets the game time he wants then he might be happy to stay, or he increases his value if we did decide to sell in the next couple of years. He's 28 still, so in his prime.

4 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Oh! Did not realise that at all, thought it was just one year. Makes sense though - if he gets the game time he wants then he might be happy to stay, or he increases his value if we did decide to sell in the next couple of years. He's 28 still, so in his prime.

I thought it was a year too!

18 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah I thought that, but the other day he said we didn't have the resources to get another striker in. 

I think he's probably meaning a striker of Édouard's quality though, so £40m+.

There's definitely scope for us to bring in a CB for a fee plus a left back on a loan if we really want one. You could argue another winger like Ounas on loan would be sensible too.

Would like to see us go after some Dev squad players as well.

Edited by CloudFox

4 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

I think he's probably meaning a striker of Édouard's quality though, so £40m+.

There's definitely scope for us to bring in a CB for a fee plus a left back on a loan if we really want one. You could argue another winger like Ounas on loan would be sensible too.

Would like to see us go after some Dev squad players as well.

I'm surprised with how little U18 and U23 recruitment there has been this summer, this is that rough diamond recruitment that I think we need to keep our eye in with, especially with moving to the new training ground. I'm all for bringing academy players through the age groups much quicker, but rather than keep those players until their early 20's with nigh on zero chance of them making it with us, I'd rather they were allowed to go and build their careers in the lower leagues and have 4-5 17-20 year old that we have recruited with the belief that they could become first team players and playing some U23 games in the 1st year and some cup games for us and then a loan to the Championship if needs be.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm surprised with how little U18 and U23 recruitment there has been this summer, this is that rough diamond recruitment that I think we need to keep our eye in with, especially with moving to the new training ground. I'm all for bringing academy players through the age groups much quicker, but rather than keep those players until their early 20's with nigh on zero chance of them making it with us, I'd rather they were allowed to go and build their careers in the lower leagues and have 4-5 17-20 year old that we have recruited with the belief that they could become first team players and playing some U23 games in the 1st year and some cup games for us and then a loan to the Championship if needs be.

I dont think there's a point in recruiting foreign talents for the academy personally, we're seeing how it works now with tavares where he's at that stage where he needs regular first team minutes to develop but he's not going to get that here, while other portugese talents in his age group are having their breakout seasons in liga nos. In my opinion it's better to pay extra for experienced, succesful players in other leagues where gametime is easier to come by than gamble on talent at a younger age and save some money but also probably stunt the development of that player, like how many good foreign talents have we seen break through into top 6 teams that have been doing this for years?

1 hour ago, honeybradger said:

I dont think there's a point in recruiting foreign talents for the academy personally, we're seeing how it works now with tavares where he's at that stage where he needs regular first team minutes to develop but he's not going to get that here, while other portugese talents in his age group are having their breakout seasons in liga nos. In my opinion it's better to pay extra for experienced, succesful players in other leagues where gametime is easier to come by than gamble on talent at a younger age and save some money but also probably stunt the development of that player, like how many good foreign talents have we seen break through into top 6 teams that have been doing this for years?

Tavares has been with us since he was 7. There are many 15-20 year old academy players that come over and make it. Anyway, I'm talking about getting players at 17 who are already potentially good enough for Championship football. Have them involved with our 1st team but can compliment the U23's if needs be rather than playing 22 year olds that are heading to league two and one very soon.

6 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

As my thread was removed it seems, Joe Rodon at Swansea would be a good shout as a CB. Better prospect and value than Tarkowski. 

Been moved to here Page 151 as it falls under this category rather than us being linked.

Edited by MGLCFC
  • Like 1

So Rodgers said yesterday his initial aim was five signings - I would imagine they were CB, FB, MF, RW, CF.

He's got two of those (FB, RW) and will get a CB. He said the other night he doesn't think they'll get a CF due to lack of resources.

I think a midfielder would've either been a defensive midfielder or cover for Maddison. Mendy's contract means the first won't happen, and then an attacking player seems unlikely unless a free/loan to allow KDH to go out.

It gives a squad of:

GK (3): Schmeichel, Ward, Jakupovic

FB (4): Ricardo, Castagne, Justin, Fuchs, (Thomas)

CB (4): Evans, Soyuncu, CB, Morgan

MF (7): Ndidi, Mendy, Choudhury, Tielemans, Praet, Maddison, Dewsbury-Hall

WI (4): Barnes, Under, Gray, Albrighton

FW (3): Vardy, Iheanacho, Perez

That bunch can all be registered in the Premier League, with only one player missing out of the Europa League squad - now likely to be Ndidi who will surely miss all six EL games (last matchday is in 11 weeks on 10 December). They may look to keep hold of Knight as additional cover given he can fill that spare slot and provide versatility at RB/CB/DM. It's worth noting that if Fofana signs, they can name an additional senior player for the Premier League (such as Amartey or James), but not for the Europa League.

I would think if Gray goes they might go for another forward player late in the window, either an additional winger or striker.

It's worth remembering that our deadline is very much October 5. We can sign EFL players until October 16, but they can't play in the Europa League until after Christmas so the club are very unlikely to do that.

11 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

So Rodgers said yesterday his initial aim was five signings - I would imagine they were CB, FB, MF, RW, CF.

He's got two of those (FB, RW) and will get a CB. He said the other night he doesn't think they'll get a CF due to lack of resources.

I think a midfielder would've either been a defensive midfielder or cover for Maddison. Mendy's contract means the first won't happen, and then an attacking player seems unlikely unless a free/loan to allow KDH to go out.

It gives a squad of:

GK (3): Schmeichel, Ward, Jakupovic

FB (4): Ricardo, Castagne, Justin, Fuchs, (Thomas)

CB (4): Evans, Soyuncu, CB, Morgan

MF (7): Ndidi, Mendy, Choudhury, Tielemans, Praet, Maddison, Dewsbury-Hall

WI (4): Barnes, Under, Gray, Albrighton

FW (3): Vardy, Iheanacho, Perez

That bunch can all be registered in the Premier League, with only one player missing out of the Europa League squad - now likely to be Ndidi who will surely miss all six EL games (last matchday is in 11 weeks on 10 December). They may look to keep hold of Knight as additional cover given he can fill that spare slot and provide versatility at RB/CB/DM. It's worth noting that if Fofana signs, they can name an additional senior player for the Premier League (such as Amartey or James), but not for the Europa League.

I would think if Gray goes they might go for another forward player late in the window, either an additional winger or striker.

It's worth remembering that our deadline is very much October 5. We can sign EFL players until October 16, but they can't play in the Europa League until after Christmas so the club are very unlikely to do that.

I don't think Mendy means we are now only looking to have made 4signings this window, which is basically 3 if he's correct on not having enough for another forward. These quotes from him are very recent so it would appear we are innthe market for a CB and at least one more midfielder/forward.