Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

When does the window to sign players from the EFL close? Isn’t it later this year? 

still some solid options down there, and relegated teams have held onto some decent players so far. Buendia, Cantwell, J.King, Brooks, Deulofeu, Sarr etc. Brentford have some decent players too. 

Just now, FoxesWalk said:

When does the window to sign players from the EFL close? Isn’t it later this year? 

still some solid options down there, and relegated teams have held onto some decent players so far. Buendia, Cantwell, J.King, Brooks, Deulofeu, Sarr etc. Brentford have some decent players too. 

15th October I think

17 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Worth noting that anyone we sign from the EFL after Oct 5 can't play in the Europa League til February, because we have to register our 25 man squad on Oct 6.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Players I’d love from the EFL: Sarr (Watford), Benrahma (Brentford) and I’d also be happy with Joe Rondon (Swansea).

We may have to move out the likes of Benkovic and Gray to accommodate any of these.

Edited by FoxinNotts

39 minutes ago, sdb said:

Whilst that'd be a rather significant upgrade, it'd mean we lose Gray for nothing whilst only gaining a player for 12 months 

It looks like your going to lose Gray for nothing anyway. Not that this scenario will happen but at least in this case you don't have to pay him another years wages.

13 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

In:

CB - Fofana ✔️ (£30m)
LB - Castagne ✔️ (£18m)
CM - Zinchenko/McGregor (£15m)

RW - Ünder ✔️ (Loan)
LW/No.10 - Cantwell (£15m)

Total spend £78m

Out:

Chilly £50m

Slimani £5m

Silva £5m

Gray £10m

Thomas (Loan)

Total income £70m

Leaves you with a net spend of £8m and improves the squad drastically.

Coming out of the window with the changes you mention would be incredible. In my judgment, the outgoings must be the priority now so that they can see where they are budget wise and if they can make anymore deals that would allow us to go get a Cantwell or McGregor or Thauvin (yes, please). My guess is that we would get 1 more in, but then again if Slimani, Silva, and Gray all move there may be enough for 2 more. 

12 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

If we are looking at a striker, then milik is still available and now spurs appear to be getting vinicious from benfica, he could be a good option. May be unattainable due to the lack of remaining budget, but with him in the last year of his contract, could be bought for cheaper than his worth. 

Nahh Napoli want about £25m for him, he wants about £5m in wages (~£90k a week), Napoli owner is very hard to negotiate with so not likely to get the price any lower and they don't seem to be willing to do a loan to buy option, they want the money now

The only way we sign a striker is if it's a youngster with future potential or an experienced temporary fix on loan to cover if needed. I think it's unlikely. 

Won't be disappointed if we don't sign anyone else, unless Choudhury does leave. Not sure if Gray needs replacing immediately now we have Under. 

Loftus Cheek from Chelsea, if available could be great option in midfield. Rotate in with Praet, Tielemans and Maddison. Great squad depth for League and European football. He is a very talented player. 

Transfer window of RLC, Under, Fofana and Castanga. Very happy with that. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

I’d like us to test the waters with Milik. A large loan fee might be enough to convince them seeing as they are probably going to lose him for nothing next summer. 

I'd be surprised if Milik went anywhere where he wasn't the guaranteed number 1 striker, unless it's an elite club like Juve or something who have been linked with him.

35 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

I’d like us to test the waters with Milik. A large loan fee might be enough to convince them seeing as they are probably going to lose him for nothing next summer. 

We wanted to buy him years ago didn't we.

• Like 1