Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

1 hour ago, tetly said:

How about Alex oxlade-chamberlain  from Liverpool. He isn’t getting any game time can play across all the midfield positions and is young. How much would he cost £30m?

Many would probably disagree with this opinion but personally I think Ox is a great shout for us. Him or Loftus-Cheek offer us a completely different option in Midfield.

On 30/09/2020 at 01:18, Bluearmyfox28 said:

In:

CB - Fofana ✔️ (£30m)
LB - Castagne ✔️ (£18m)
CM - Zinchenko/McGregor (£15m)

RW - Ünder ✔️ (Loan)
LW/No.10 - Cantwell (£15m)

Total spend £78m

Out:

Chilly £50m

Slimani £5m

Silva £5m

Gray £10m

Thomas (Loan)

Total income £70m

Leaves you with a net spend of £8m and improves the squad drastically.

Zinchenko is a tremendous shout.

Would mean we had backup at the left wing back role as well.

• Like 3

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8788851/Dele-Alli-John-Stones-Antonio-Rudiger-Big-Sixs-outcasts-ahead-transfer-deadline-day.html

Just having a read through this, think the only one I wouldn't mind seeing here is Ruben Loftus-Cheek, with Hamza either leaving on a loan or permanently. It looks like Fofana is signing so that's the 3rd decent CB who'll play as backup sorted.

I think Dele Alli could be decent if he sorted himself out, but I don't think that'll happen and it'll end up being a waste of a squad place.

12 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8788851/Dele-Alli-John-Stones-Antonio-Rudiger-Big-Sixs-outcasts-ahead-transfer-deadline-day.html

Just having a read through this, think the only one I wouldn't mind seeing here is Ruben Loftus-Cheek, with Hamza either leaving on a loan or permanently. It looks like Fofana is signing so that's the 3rd decent CB who'll play as backup sorted.

I think Dele Alli could be decent if he sorted himself out, but I don't think that'll happen and it'll end up being a waste of a squad place.

Loftus-Cheek needs to be first choice somewhere which he wouldn't be with us, he'd be 3rd or 4th choice and also he needs to stay fit for a stretch of time which he's struggled to do. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Many would probably disagree with this opinion but personally I think Ox is a great shout for us. Him or Loftus-Cheek offer us a completely different option in Midfield.

We already have Maddison, Tielemans & Praet competing for two out of three places. Then there is Choudhury, there is no way we're bringing in another player who would come here for big money and a big salary with expectations to be a starter.  It's just all wrong for us. 

On 29/09/2020 at 17:51, Lambert09 said:

as much as the ship has probably sailed I’m still clinging to the hope that we pay the 25m for Benhrama. 

Now that we have under in for the right side. Having him to cover Barnes/Madison/under would be a huge improvement on Gray. 

When we have one of those games when Barnes is off it, it would be so amazing to have someone like Benhrama, he offers a completely different challenge for defenders. 

🤞🤞🤞

I can’t say it loud enough!!!! Pleasssseee congerzz

When you look at who is actually out there and available, not sure that there is anyone affordable that would actually be an improvement on what we have TBH. Can still se us getting a couple of loan deals in at the death as squad cover, or possibly for the development squad. Not convinced myself but Sturridge could still rock up on if his wage demands are not ridiculous. (maybe a big bias towards appearance payments rather than base salary)

Edited by urban fox

Don't get the appeal of Zinchencko myself, jack of all trades master of none. Doesn't improve our starting eleven and we already have Amartey our utility player. We really need to bring someone in who makes us better, probably a quality loan either probably a winger if gray goes.

Think Cantwell would be a good option for £15M, if we offload Gray first. 

29 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Don't get the appeal of Zinchencko myself, jack of all trades master of none. Doesn't improve our starting eleven and we already have Amartey our utility player. We really need to bring someone in who makes us better, probably a quality loan either probably a winger if gray goes.

Think Cantwell would be a good option for £15M, if we offload Gray first. 

Cantwell does not "improve our starting eleven" either and frankly cannot carry Zinchencko's jockstrap.

We have to improve BEYOND our starting XI, which was our Achilles Heel last season, and a 20K/wk Zinchencko fits the bill (even with a raise).

Further, we cannot have too many "utility" players, especially given that Amartey's utility (at RB, CB and CDM) does not conflict with (and in fact complements) Zinchencko's utility at LB, LM and CM. Meanwhile, fail to see what Cantwell gives us that we do not already have.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, NaijaFox said:

Cantwell does not "improve our starting eleven" either and frankly cannot carry Zinchencko's jockstrap.

We have to improve BEYOND our starting XI, which was our Achilles Heel last season, and a 20K/wk Zinchencko fits the bill (even with a raise).

Further, we cannot have too many "utility" players, especially given that Amartey's utility (at RB, CB and CDM) does not conflict with (and in fact complements) Zinchencko's utility at LB, LM and CM. Meanwhile, fail to see what Cantwell gives us that we do not already have.

Agree. Zinchencko would be a useful squad player. wont tear up any trees but could certainly fill in/rotate down the left. Experienced player that would not be too expensive either

• Like 1