Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

21 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Why would you spend the guts of £30m on players to replace three guys who basically never play. James and King aren't even in the 25 man squad and Morgan has been an ornament this season.

Add in Perez and Praet who aren't first picks and that's the guts of £100m spent on squad players in 12 months. That would be a suicidal approach, it's time for players to enhance the first eleven.

Finally some common sense. You upgrade the starting eleven and the squad naturally gets stronger. Buying squad players for an extortionate amount is a sure fire path to relegation. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Direct upgrades on Wes/Bennett, James and King.

Good for depth.

I think they're the sort of signings we should make but i'll be very annoyed if we're not in the market for a proper winger. I have my heart set on Benrahma personally.

They are tired signings, all the hallmarks of Sunderland when Congerton was there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, henrik_62 said:

Why would you spend the guts of £30m on players to replace three guys who basically never play. James and King aren't even in the 25 man squad and Morgan has been an ornament this season.

Add in Perez and Praet who aren't first picks and that's the guts of £100m spent on squad players in 12 months. That would be a suicidal approach, it's time for players to enhance the first eleven.

Well said Mr Larsson, someone with some real football brains. Lets hope the people in charge of our club have the same common sense.

• Haha 1

If we don't make CL, we should go for more raw players imo, because this year is our one chance to break into CL football any time soon. Without it, there's no pressure to perform immediately so we can get younger players that have big potential instead of spend a lot in hopes of completing our squad.

Saw this list of players Atalanta have signed, some are signed from seasons a while ago some recent whilst some have had loans turned permanent such as Pasalic. My point is it takes time to sign the right players but it doesn’t have to be costly or need to entice players through champions league as Atalanta have shown. 

not sure if it’s the coach or the sport director responsible for the way they’ve built their squad but I watch them and can’t help but feel excitement; yes they concede goals but they score plenty. We need some of that down here somehow.

Gosens has to be a main target for us this summer, especially if we keep with the 5atb formation. I’ve love Zapata he’s got an excellent touch and his link up play in brilliant; sadly he’s 29.

on top of that lets look at their strength in depth in comparison to ours, we have nothing of note on the bench at times which is worrying, they on the other hand seem to constantly rotate their forwards with usually the one mainstay being Papu Gómez. We need some serious investment this summer.

91C32959-6714-404C-9DDF-12FA79BCEB56.jpeg

Edited by lcfc sheff
  • Like 2

Only way i can fathom the Bournemouth display is that we must have some deal on the cards, "give us 3 points and help us stay up and we'll sell you Ake on the cheap"

Other than that

Henderson (Sheffield said they wouldnt buy him, doesnt want to be number 2 at United)

Deulofeu/ Djenepo

Aaron Connolly/ Karlan Grant

Yacine Adli

1 hour ago, henrik_62 said:

Seen him a few times this season and been impressed, watched him last night again in the match against Benfica and he looked good again, could do worse depending on what he'd cost.

Low release clause, it’s a no brainer imo he’d pair great with Ricardo 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Luttfox said:

Only way i can fathom the Bournemouth display is that we must have some deal on the cards, "give us 3 points and help us stay up and we'll sell you Ake on the cheap"

Other than that

Henderson (Sheffield said they wouldnt buy him, doesnt want to be number 2 at United)

Deulofeu/ Djenepo

Aaron Connolly/ Karlan Grant

Yacine Adli

What do we need a goalkeeper for?

5 hours ago, That_Dude said:

A quality winger and a leftback are a must.

A left back? We have two on the books already?

On 07/07/2020 at 19:21, Fox92 said:

Willian would be a brilliant signing for us. Not everything comes down to stats because there's a lot of players who start moves without necessarily finishing them. His wages would be obscene, that's the only issue for me. He's far better than our current options.

Agreed that Willian would be a good signing, constant attacking threat, very accurate passing. He is certainly one of the best players Chelsea have. Simply can,t understand why they are prepared to let him leave. Very experienced international would be a very useful asset

Don’t shoot me down too much as I know it’s unlikely our squad will look anything like this... but this would be serious squad depth and how I’d like us to improve.

GK - Kasper, Ward, Jakupovic

RB - Ricardo, Aarons

LB - Chilwell, Justin, Fuchs

CB - Evans, Soyuncu, Ake, Demiral, Morgan

CM - Ndidi, Tielemans, Carvalho, Praet,

RW - Benramah, Cantwell, Albrighton

CAM - Maddison, Perez

LW - Zaha, Barnes, 

ST - Vardy, Edouard

Sell - Gray, James, Iheanacho, Slimani, Silva

Loan - Benkovic, Choudhoury, Dewsbury-Hall, Knight, Thomas, Hirst.

If Rodgers is still in charge I’d move on the people I put in sell for the sake of there own careers. Even though I wouldn’t be against any of them staying and fighting for a place if they wanted. In my opinion Choudhoury could do with a season on loan being a regular starter for a team batting relegation. Then come back as a potential Ndidi replacement next season if we get a massive offer. Same with Benkovic one more season at hopefully a premier league side and then come back and replace an ageing Evans. The other four youngsters really need championship loans for a season as they’re our better prospects. There’s probably two or three more youngsters who could do with loan lower than the championship but couldn’t think of any.

Make it Morgan’s, Fuchs and Albrightons farewell season for us. Bit time players.

Edited by LCFC FOX