Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

8 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Fofana is better than both of them already at 19. There’s a reason ASSE are playing hard ball they know how good he is and want to sell him for the best price possible. 

The lads played 19 games he’s not better JT he’s a great defender with probably his best years to come, l can’t really saying anything about Tah because I’ve not watched him much. Fofana looks like he could be decent but he still a kid.

• Like 1

It's in their board's interest to play up that Puel is making the decisions here to show they back the manager and his vision for the club. 

Ultimately, they want to get as much money as possible for the deal. Having increased our bid seemingly at least twice already, they think we'll go higher. 

Fofana's reaction is key here, let's see what he does next. 

1 minute ago, LestaLad said:

Anyone got the full L’Equipe article?

Why? Better to live in a world of self delusion. And I doubt the reporter knows the truth.

28 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Can't say I know enough about Tah but allegedly he's been so poor, he's not even 3rd choice now and fallen behind Dragovic in the ratings. From what is said also, his pace is now such, that he makes Wes Morgan look like Dancing Brave winning L'arch de Triomphe! Just because Congerton knew him a few years ago, is he really what we need? Rather than waste the money for the sake of it, are we not better to just perm any one from Morgan, Fuchs, Armarty, Benkovic or Knight if really needed rather than lumber ourselves with second best and be stuck for several years with another big wage earner?

I'm inclined to agree.

• Like 1

I just can't understand this. 

Anything I've saw come out of France suggests that St.Ettiene were one of the hardest hit clubs financially due to the pandemic. We are offering enough that they could keep the rest of the squad together AND go get a replacement. 

We are not low balling them. We are offering over what they allegedly wanted initially.... It's just weird. Either they really don't want to do business with us, they reckon they can squeeze more from us or the rate a 19 year old with 20 odd games under his belt at an absolutely insane amount. 

I would move on. Spent too much time on this already. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MickeyMouse said:

If you hate him, then you should want to take away his best defender?

Nah, not for that money.
Was only joking anyway.

I love the little French shite, really. I’m an insomniac, so I listen to his post match interviews, which I have recorded, to help send me to sleep 💤 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

No sympathy for the player in these instances. We can't moan about the attitude of players like Mahrez when they do it to us and then condone when it's a target of ours. Nobody had a gun to his head when he signed his contract. 

If he's unattainable we need to move on to other targets 

Of course we can.  Being a football fan makes hypocrites of us all.

• Haha 1

Few things are really weird for me:

The conflicting reports of how much weve offered and whether we have even gone that far.

The sudden silence from fofana on social media.

Puel making calls on transfers.

The mysterious knee injury.

Not sure the press have the whole story here but thats just my theory. You only have to look at skys Palace/ brewster story to realise how much stuff is made up.

• Like 3

Just now, Abrasive fox said:

Few things are really weird for me:

The conflicting reports of how much weve offered and whether we have even gone that far.

The sudden silence from fofana on social media.

Puel making calls on transfers.

The mysterious knee injury.

Not sure the press have the whole story here but thats just my theory. You only have to look at skys Palace/ brewster story to realise how much stuff is made up.

He changed his bio from ASSE player  to ‘waiting’ yesterday evening ......  that’s far from silent! 

8 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I just can't understand this. 

Anything I've saw come out of France suggests that St.Ettiene were one of the hardest hit clubs financially due to the pandemic. We are offering enough that they could keep the rest of the squad together AND go get a replacement. 

We are not low balling them. We are offering over what they allegedly wanted initially.... It's just weird. Either they really don't want to do business with us, they reckon they can squeeze more from us or the rate a 19 year old with 20 odd games under his belt at an absolutely insane amount. 

I would move on. Spent too much time on this already. 

They couldn’t even afford to sign a player for £4m..... so yes, in short they’re ****ed, which is why this is so stupid.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Fofana is better than both of them already at 19. There’s a reason ASSE are playing hard ball they know how good he is and want to sell him for the best price possible. 

I'd be very surprised if anyone on here on anywhere in the UK has seen enough of Fofana to say that given he's played one season in top flight football and I don't think has started even 20 games?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I agree but having a player who wants to move on to improve his career and salary and your club are refusing to accept such great offers for you is only going to piss everyone off.

I'd imagine if that €32m offer is true it will make him the most expensive teenage defender of all time. It's still St Etienne's choice but they'll have a player who will mentally check out. this is like the Mahrez situation when he didn't kick off when Roma were offering peanuts for his services but when £60m offers come in and are refused he'll do his nut. 

Agree. But you originally said that he now has the right to kick off, which suggests that you believed the same of Mahrez at the time. Would the club be wiser to sell now? Perhaps. But if we're talking about who has the right to do such which, I'm afraid Fofana only has that right if he believes that ASSE have reneged contractually. 

1 minute ago, Edingleyfox said:

Now reading that Ndidi is injured. This is potentially a major setback and he has been a fail-safe over the last couple of games not to mention his midfield role.

Really we cannot be messed about any longer we need quality players in now.

Christ. Congerton will end up at centre back against City at this rate.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I'd be very surprised if anyone on here on anywhere in the UK has seen enough of Fofana to say that given he's played one season in top flight football and I don't think has started even 20 games?

This is it everyone gives it the big one about players who they've seen a video clip of think even I’d have chance with clips of me from Sunday league.

• Like 1