Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

1 minute ago, mozartfox said:

IBTL.  Move on. Claude Tool is not budging and appears to run ASSE despite what some on here may think otherwise.

If Benko stays fit, go with what we have.

Benko is never fit. That realistically leaves us with Evans and Soyuncu! We need to buy a centre back. Just get on with it Leicester ffs

If he's as good as people who've actually seen him play think, and everyone seems to be pretty keen on signing him for £30m after 19 senior games, it's not exactly beyond the realms of possibility that his value could rocket after a full season in the first team there, is it?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

If he's as good as people who've actually seen him play think, and everyone seems to be pretty keen on signing him for £30m after 19 senior games, it's not exactly beyond the realms of possibility that his value could rocket after a full season in the first team there, is it?

Exactly. Is it a risk on the part of Saint Etienne? Of course, but it may be the way get maximum value whilst retaining this good player for 1 year.

• Like 1

I still don't understand why Puel would have any influence over the sale, just like Rodgers had no influence over Chilwell's sale, even though he publicly stated he wanted to keep him. If the money is sufficient and their board feel it is a financially viable deal, they will sell. The bottom line, it is a business and sustainability of any business means you need to do what is in the best interests of that business.

Just now, MGLCFC said:

I still don't understand why Puel would have any influence over the sale, just like Rodgers had no influence over Chilwell's sale, even though he publicly stated he wanted to keep him. If the money is sufficient and their board feel it is a financially viable deal, they will sell. The bottom line, it is a business and sustainability of any business means you need to do what is in the best interests of that business.

Puel is a big deal in French football in general. He probably has the kind of status and role at st Étienne that Wenger had at Arsenal tbf. Basically he runs tings

2 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Because it suits the Foxestalk rhetoric! 

You have to question if ASSE had lost their first few games and been near the bottom of the league whether the negotiations may have been slightly different. Rennes have just sold Mendy to Chelsea for £22M + Add Ons and that is a record for a French keeper.

In reality it's a massive statement (and risk) by the ASSE board to back Puel in is way and their fans must be buzzing. The obvious issue is whether little Wes goes on to have a terrible season now they've turned down our bids, or alternatively he gets an injury which rules him out for a large part of the season. Will be interesting to see whether we try one further bid as this may give us some indication as to whether there have been rumblings from the ASSE end (guffaw) that we may be getting closer to a figure they may accept.

If we are nowhere near you'd assume that we should be hearing about bids going in for other Tah-gets soon.

If Wes does have a terrible season and someone does sign Tarkowski I would expect him to be following the Burnley socials by the end of the season, playing alongside Ben Mee is clearly his real dream after all!

Think this one just depends on what we could get for him in a few years or more time. If we buy him at £20/£30m are we sure we’re going to get a minimum of £60m in the future, if so just get him.

If not and we have to spend circa £50m with no way of being sure we can get £80m+ somehow for him then I’d probably leave him be and just go for Tah at Leverkusen.

Edited by Fox in the North

2 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Just paper talk when it comes to Chilwell and Brendan's desire to keep him. Brendan is savvy enough it is unwise to both suggest he could be sold or even remain silent, as it potentially decreases the cost of any sale. (The case of Gray is not at all the same case as he is worth not much and we probably want rid)

In the case of Fofana, Puel probably does have some say as he was brought in to oversee a project for ASSE, it will of course get to a point where the board say tough luck Claude

(A point the fans seem to mostly have reached and are at peace with 32m)

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Always brown sauce with sausages, red with bacon

Of all the shit options on here, you’ve taken the award! Maybe it’s me being upside down, and the way the toilets flush here but you’ve had a mare.

Just like a journalist working for The Sun, you’ve got your sauces the wrong way around.

• Like 1

Just now, Aus Fox said:

Of all the shit options on here, you’ve taken the award! Maybe it’s me being upside down, and the way the toilets flush here but you’ve had a mare.

Just like a journalist working for The Sun, you’ve got your sauces the wrong way around.

You really are a hemisphere away from reality :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

You have flushing toilets...wow

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

You have flushing toilets...wow

Think @Aus Fox is referring to the Coriolis effect, but as someone who believes brown sauce belongs on bacon

....slight pause whilst I retch....

I cannot  be too sure.

:D

edit: Anyway back to Fofana, I have it on good authority he prefers both brown sauce on sausages and red on bacon :thumbup:

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

We’ve been trying to sign him for two months ......they’ve got replacements lined up ......they have no idea that Man City won’t rock up with €50m ....it’s how clubs work - the longer they leave it the bigger risk they take that they can’t get their ideal replacement 

Or they just don't want to sell and won't for a ridiculous offer... see Maguire, which went late in the window. 

It is ridiculous what ASSE are doing, they’re scrounging around for cash, yet are rejecting a record fee for a relatively unproven player. Whatever way you chose to justify theirs and Puel’s stance is feeble. It’s frankly ridiculous and a huge gamble, because if he turns out to be shite, they’ve lost out big time and their pants are firmly down........ 

Difference is when we play hardball it’s on proven players. This is just plain stupid, and if they fall into financial ruin due to covid, Puel will probably get the same tongue lashings he got here, because he’s an idiot. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1