Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

3 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Puel could be playing silly Beggers because he was sacked by us.

He also has a lot of say over Transfers from what I read, which is probably why the Club haven't accepted our offer.

If Puel rates him highly he must be a good player and also a better option than either of the other two names mentioned.

He rated Diabatè highly and Vardy not so highly iirc, so I wouldn't get too excited about who Claude rates lol

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Riyad_Suarez said:

He rated Diabatè highly and Vardy not so highly iirc, so I wouldn't get too excited about who Claude rates lol

He signed Diabate on his Sons say so. He did rate Vardy but wanted to expand his game which strangely is what Rogers has also done with him.

Didn't he also sign Van Dik from Celtic while Southampton Manager. So he clearly knows a decent CB when he sees one.

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

35m euros and Amartey or Benkovic on loan should do it, if not then move on. We will regret missing out on this kid but not as much as not getting a CB in at all.

Surprised weve not tried using Ghezzal/Diabate/Slim/Silva as part of the deal but we would probably have to pay them to take any of them off our hands.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Seriously - fofana has put in a transfer request. It may not have been official but his article in l’equipe amounted to as much. All he will miss out on is a loyalty bonus which will be negligible compared to the deal on offer from us........an official request would not make ASSE agree to sell to us any more straightforward.....plenty of chatter about ac Milan’s interest in him too but I can’t see how they would pay €32m.  maybe our increased offer now is to ensure that other clubs aren’t tempted in to ‘muddy the waters’ any further .....

..there has been rumours of a request, but not confirmed!!!

Unless he chooses to appeal to the owners of ASSE to grant the transfer this will not be happening.

3 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Ooo goody, bashing Puel AND the French? I am reminded of some of the revolting stuff I heard in the Kop towards the end of his tenure...

True, but if The Channel wasn't there we'd have to build one.

I'm just kidding.  I should go to bed.  I'm getting one of my silly moods when I post even more shit than usual.

6 hours ago, Rustynail said:

You would have Hamza over Mendy on the bench? Genuinely don't beleive Hamza is really up to our standard... i can't see him as a box to box player or a defensive midfielder either. 

To be honest when I put Hamza there I wasn't thinking of directly replacing Ndidi from the bench, I was thinking of having the ability to tactically close out a game by replacing Tielemans or Maddison with him. Mendy is obviously better as the lone DM, but I think Hamza would offer us more options from the bench if that makes any sense. Either way, it's personal preference.

1 hour ago, jayfox26 said:

What an idiot he is. Even if he has a good season  for ASSE, nobody would pay €50m. €32m is a good offer for a 19 year old who hasn't even played a full season of 1st team football.

Seems that Puel is determined not to allow their board sell to us (at least during this window), perhaps unless for truly silly money. As the saying goes, there's a time to hold and a time to fold (Rogers - Kenny, not Brendan), and as most signings are calculated gambles, I would counsel that we fold purely on a cost-benefit basis.

If he plays the majority of games for them and has a class season, I could see them getting near to 50 million euros for him next summer. I've got no issue with them waiting it out for a higher offer in a few months time, he's their player, he's signed into a contract with them and they're doing their best for the football club. It's a bit different if they told him a figure and now they're wanting more than that figure though.

I can't see us going this far if they're unwilling to sell totally though, they must have given us plenty of indication he can leave. I don't think I'd be going much higher than the 32 million euros (if that's the correct figure) that's been offered though, I think 35 or so should be our max then we need to move onto other targets, we're wasting valuable time here.

17 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

If he plays the majority of games for them and has a class season, I could see them getting near to 50 million euros for him next summer. I've got no issue with them waiting it out for a higher offer in a few months time, he's their player, he's signed into a contract with them and they're doing their best for the football club. It's a bit different if they told him a figure and now they're wanting more than that figure though.

I can't see us going this far if they're unwilling to sell totally though, they must have given us plenty of indication he can leave. I don't think I'd be going much higher than the 32 million euros (if that's the correct figure) that's been offered though, I think 35 or so should be our max then we need to move onto other targets, we're wasting valuable time here.

Neither do I.

But as a City fan in a City discussion forum, my ONLY interest is how it affects us.

The Puel hate lol if he was still here, rejecting ludicrous bids for barnes, getting even more ludicrous bids - only to reject them too. We'd bloody love him for it.

His agent must be shit if he didn't get a release clause knowing clubs were sniffing around.

On the other hand st Etiene can't be selling him for top money but paying him as a youngster.

These are they type of things that were happening young players in the 60s.

5 minutes ago, Fktf said:

The Puel hate lol if he was still here, rejecting ludicrous bids for barnes, getting even more ludicrous bids - only to reject them too. We'd bloody love him for it.

True, Didn't he reject an approach from Liverpool for Barnes while he was here.

5 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

His agent must be shit if he didn't get a release clause knowing clubs were sniffing around.

On the other hand st Etiene can't be selling him for top money but paying him as a youngster.

These are they type of things that were happening young players in the 60s.

True, Didn't he reject an approach from Liverpool for Barnes while he was here.

For Chillwell, I thought..

Jeez I didn’t think this foffana deal was gonna be such a headache! Agree with offering 35max

which they take or leave give them 3 days to say we mean business! Meantime start making some moves on the other potentials.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

What an idiot he is. Even if he has a good season  for ASSE, nobody would pay €50m. €32m is a good offer for a 19 year old who hasn't even played a full season of 1st team football.

Disagree.  If he has a big season the value will only go up substantially, as the power clubs get involved.

I think it's time to move on here.  Let it go and try and bring in someone like Tah on loan

The way this is creeping up the better value Tarkowski is looking. 

Im sure all of FT has already decided based on a few YouTube clips that Fofana is the better player, but if we can get Tark for just a few mill more it might be the way to go. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fktf said:

It's their right not to sell, and no one should rationally have an issue with that.

However, Eu32 million for a youngster who played 19 senior games coming into the season is hardly "ludicrous", especially given that AC Milan and Leipzig were reportedly only willing to offer Eu18 million and Eu20 million respectively. Personally, I think we should just move on and pursue other targets. Frankly, I would rather pay a little more for a proven target like Tarkowski (say, up to 40 million) than the 35 million that some here are suggesting for a speculative prospect like Fofana.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Im sure all of FT has already decided based on a few YouTube clips that Fofana is the better player, but if we can get Tark for just a few mill more it might be the way to go. 

Not sure I’d go near someone with a sore toe mate.

57 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

No - no, he's not.

Steer well clear of EPL players with the huge markups.

• Like 2