Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

50 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

It's in their board's interest to play up that Puel is making the decisions here to show they back the manager and his vision for the club. 

Ultimately, they want to get as much money as possible for the deal. Having increased our bid seemingly at least twice already, they think we'll go higher. 

Fofana's reaction is key here, let's see what he does next. 

..our next play will surely be to talk to Tah or revisit the Tarkowski deal!!!

If Forfana sees we are moving on then his only play in order to leave before Brexit is to put in a transfer and hope another team will come in for him.

We are too needy in this relationship and being strung along until the end of the window, the pressure now needs to go on to Forfana if we want to clinch this deal. We spent too long on the Trincao deal and are repeating a process hoping for a different result.

13 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..our next play will surely be to talk to Tah or revisit the Tarkowski deal!!!

If Forfana sees we are moving on then his only play in order to leave before Brexit is to put in a transfer and hope another team will come in for him.

We are too needy in this relationship and being strung along until the end of the window, the pressure now needs to go on to Forfana if we want to clinch this deal. We spent too long on the Trincao deal and are repeating a process hoping for a different result.

Seriously - fofana has put in a transfer request. It may not have been official but his article in l’equipe amounted to as much. All he will miss out on is a loyalty bonus which will be negligible compared to the deal on offer from us........an official request would not make ASSE agree to sell to us any more straightforward.....plenty of chatter about ac Milan’s interest in him too but I can’t see how they would pay €32m.  maybe our increased offer now is to ensure that other clubs aren’t tempted in to ‘muddy the waters’ any further .....

24 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

I would like to say I’m surprised that St Ettienne are playing games with us but having read how Puel operates from many players over the last 18 months I’m really not. What a toxic individual he is.

Said it before and I’ll say it again, Puel’s a ****. You only have to look at how he treated Andy King, I personally stated for a long time that Kingy wasn’t good enough for us anymore but Puel didn’t even have the decency to speak to him and tell him that, just ignored him. 

Edited by GingerrrFox
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, GingerrrFox said:

Said it before and I’ll say it again, Puel’s a ****. You only have to look at how he treated Andy King, I personally dating for a long time that Kingy wasn’t good enough for us anymore but didn’t even have the decency to speak to him and tell him that, just ignored him. 

TBF Puel didn't owe King anything, he was just another player to him filling up the squad as deadwood. If it was Pearson then it's a different matter. 

9 minutes ago, Gerard said:

TBF Puel didn't owe King anything, he was just another player to him filling up the squad as deadwood. If it was Pearson then it's a different matter. 

Lots of players get put in that position in football. The difference Kingy revealed though is that Puel treated him wholly unprofessionally. When Brendan came in King was still in the same position and surplus to requirements but he was treated as should be expected as an employee, a man and a human being; with respect. It looks to me like Puel still operates with his nasty little scheming ways with the boy Fofana.

Edited by Sharpe's Fox

9 minutes ago, Gerard said:

as a manager of a football club you owe the club itself to respect the things it holds dear. If a manager joined Man City and decided Aguero isnt good enough thats fine. but to not do it in a professional and respectful way is bad. Note how Joe Hart has not come out talking shit about Pep. Because Pep likely had a conversation with him and treated him with respect as a club legend.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Said it before and I’ll say it again, Puel’s a ****. You only have to look at how he treated Andy King, I personally stated for a long time that Kingy wasn’t good enough for us anymore but Puel didn’t even have the decency to speak to him and tell him that, just ignored him. 

He’s a cock, and a boring one at that.. his decision to drop Vardy meant I lost the little respect I had for the bloke anyway. Absolute womble and belongs in the bin. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Gerard said:

You can’t say Puel didn’t owe King anything, the club owed a lot to Andy King who had always been a model professional and had been at the club since 2006 and was liked by a lot of people at the club. Puel has to respect that even when it was apparent King wasn’t good enough anymore. Not just be a rat and not doing the decent thing by explaining and offering him a loan if he wanted it. 

Edited by GingerrrFox
  • Like 1

Just now, lcfc_forever said:

This story suggests St Etienne's response to our new offer is not clear:

https://rmcsport.bfmtv.com/football/saint-etienne-une-nouvelle-grosse-offre-de-leicester-pour-fofana-1980469.html

But they may just have misinterpreted the L'Equipe article as all the other publications say the bid was rejected. 

L'Equipe's English translation says Puel 'rejected' the offer. That is likely to be a mistranslation, and is more that Puel doesn't want to sell him but the management haven't responded.

A club record offer is very difficult to turn down for a club in financial trouble, when the player wants to go, he's only 19 so can't be that important to them etc. 

I still think City will push to get it done, they've not gone this far without being convinced St. Etienne will buckle at a certain price. €32-35m with a few bonuses in there will do it, which just about puts it behind Tielemans in terms of our record fees.

7 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

If they have seriously rejected that bid for a 19 year old then they’re all tapped. I imagine their board is run by the French soldiers from the holy grail. 

I'll fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberry. 

6 minutes ago, KFS said:

“The Greens have not given their answer to this new Leicester proposal.”

This was also the party line in the press last week when we supposedly offered 29m euros. Perhaps we are going back with new bids without them having the decency to give us an answer, must be passing them right off 😂😂

2 minutes ago, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

the dream scenario here is the club directors accept the offer, he joins us and Puel throws his toys out of the pram because he so badly wanted to refuse us. He then quits and is left firmly in the mud where he belongs.

Not 'firmly in the mud'!!?

That's just horrible, no one deserves that fate. 😂

Puel could be playing silly Beggers because he was sacked by us.

He also has a lot of say over Transfers from what I read, which is probably why the Club haven't accepted our offer.

If Puel rates him highly he must be a good player and also a better option than either of the other two names mentioned.