Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

22 minutes ago, turkish14 said:

Yes and no.....

total cost maybe around £70m, but I wouldn’t be surprised to pay (let’s say) £35 for tarks, then a small fee for Fofana upfront an the rest next season. Then loan him back to ASSE

We've still got to pay for Under next year as well remember. We really don't need to splurge that much money on two centre halves, logistically we just don't need two. One, plus Evans, Soyuncu, Morgan, Armarty and Benkovic is plenty by far. Just because any negotiations with Evans aren't public doesn't mean there aren't any, it's how we do business. We've other priorities. 

• Like 4

Reading some of the latest comments on their forum, he may be leaving  They appear to have issues similar to ours i.e. they have expensive deadwood to clear out, in their case before they can recruit.

There is one suggestion that there could be a threshold at which point the two Boss Men may over-rule Puel?  Sounds plausible if ASSE do indeed have financial issues.   

Lets leave it to Rudders.

8 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

No chance. That's like £70m right there.....

Your more then likely right, but it seems like St.Etienne want to keep him for another season. So maybe a up smaller up front fee to help with their financial issues to secure him, allowing him to stay there for the season and then the rest of the fee next season.

Interesting Rodgers said he wanted 5 players in the other day, we currently have 2.

I think there is some mileage in moving Gray on to boost our spending for 10-15m and then the odd couple of Million for Slim, Silva and Diabetes etc.  

3 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

We've still got to pay for Under next year as well remember. We really don't need to splurge that much money on two centre halves, logistically we just don't need two. One, plus Evans, Soyuncu, Morgan, Armarty and Benkovic is plenty by far. Just because any negotiations with Evans aren't public doesn't mean there aren't any, it's how we do business. We've other priorities. 

Maybe Rodgers has a eye on moving Benkovic on and Morgan retiring at the end of the season.

That leave you with Evans, Soyuncu and Amartey, and the possibility of Soyuncu being on the wanted list of some bigger clubs then us. 

16 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Maybe Rodgers has a eye on moving Benkovic on and Morgan retiring at the end of the season.

That leave you with Evans, Soyuncu and Amartey, and the possibility of Soyuncu being on the wanted list of some bigger clubs then us. 

Bigger than the two times PL champions?

1 minute ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Would cost a fair old wedge overall that. Chances of that happening are very slim if you ask me.

agree with that, with burnely looking at what £40mil+ maybe for Tark and ASSE looking for maybe £30mil+ for Fofana

i cant see us paying near £70mil for 2 defenders tbh, could see the fofana deal happening more so than the Tark one at this stage

• Like 1

Just now, FrankieADZ said:

agree with that, with burnely looking at what £40mil+ maybe for Tark and ASSE looking for maybe £30mil+ for Fofana

i cant see us paying near £70mil for 2 defenders tbh, could see the fofana deal happening more so than the Tark one at this stage

Yeah especially one that isn't going to play for a year if he's loaned back to his parent club as in the post I was replying to.

9 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Would cost a fair old wedge overall that. Chances of that happening are very slim if you ask me.

I did think that, it’s just ideally we do need 2 defenders, especially next season. The Fofana rumours ain’t going anywhere, he’s just as desperate for the move, despite us still wanting Tark. So if we can get some sort of deal with Ettiene where we can pay it in instalments then it could possibly work out. 

Edited by LestaLad

Just now, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Yeah especially one that isn't going to play for a year if he's loaned back to his parent club as in the post I was replying to.

the only other way i think would be ASSE might accept a lower fee guess sub £30mil as long as we let him stay on loan there for the season as said and we maybe go in for Tah on loan with the option to buy, that route could be better for us

• Like 1

Just now, FrankieADZ said:

the only other way i think would be ASSE might accept a lower fee guess sub £30mil as long as we let him stay on loan there for the season as said and we maybe go in for Tah on loan with the option to buy, that route could be better for us

I did think that, however Tark is looking more likely atm. 

25 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Your more then likely right, but it seems like St.Etienne want to keep him for another season. So maybe a up smaller up front fee to help with their financial issues to secure him, allowing him to stay there for the season and then the rest of the fee next season.

Interesting Rodgers said he wanted 5 players in the other day, we currently have 2.

I think there is some mileage in moving Gray on to boost our spending for 10-15m and then the odd couple of Million for Slim, Silva and Diabetes etc.  

The only way I can see us getting two CBs is that we sign this fella and loan him out whilst signing someone like Tah on loan with an option to but.... I wouldnt be opposed to that. 

6 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Like they said though, the deal would only be a small fee now with the rest paid next season. If the club rate him so highly then it would make sense as if hes that good, his value will be higher next season and bigger clubs than us could go in for him. All ifs buts and maybes however we desperately need a cb right now

4 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

The only way I can see us getting two CBs is that we sign this fella and loan him out whilst signing someone like Tah on loan with an option to but.... I wouldnt be opposed to that. 

That would make sense. Then if Tah is good we can sign both next summer. If hes not then we send him back to Leverkusen and bring Fofana back from ASSE

• Like 1

Just now, LestaLad said:

I did think that, however Tark is looking more likely atm. 

im not sure tbh, do we really think hes worth more than £30mil, wasnt burnley looking at like £40mil maybe even £50mil as i know he has a relelase clase at that price but thats for the top 4 teams only.

while i dont doubt Tarks ability, i think over £30mil isnt worth it at all

1 minute ago, FrankieADZ said:

im not sure tbh, do we really think hes worth more than £30mil, wasnt burnley looking at like £40mil maybe even £50mil as i know he has a relelase clase at that price but thats for the top 4 teams only.

while i dont doubt Tarks ability, i think over £30mil isnt worth it at all

I fully agree. I want fofana 100%. I just keep reading things saying we’re gonna go in with another bid for Tark.

2 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

That would make sense. Then if Tah is good we can sign both next summer. If hes not then we send him back to Leverkusen and bring Fofana back from ASSE

Exactly and Evans stays as 4th CB option....

9 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

I did think that, it’s just ideally we do need 2 defenders, especially next season. The Fofana rumours ain’t going anywhere, he’s just as desperate for the move, despite us still wanting Tark. So if we can get some sort of deal with Ettiene where we can pay it in instalments then it could possibly work out. 

Going by Rodgers comments about the budget I don't think it would be work. I also think it would be daft given the immediate demand for beefing up the squad now to cope with the extra demands of European football this season.

6 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Like they said though, the deal would only be a small fee now with the rest paid next season. If the club rate him so highly then it would make sense as if hes that good, his value will be higher next season and bigger clubs than us could go in for him. All ifs buts and maybes however we desperately need a cb right now

Do you really think that's realistic given the way St Etienne have played hard ball and the fact they have publicly stated how desperate they are for cash now.

47 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Judging by Brendan’s recent comments I think that would be on the cards, but is anyone interested?

Edited by WigstonWanderer

51 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

£2m? - would that be Type 1 or Type 2? 

• Haha 1