Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

2 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

Am I one of very few concerned about how the cost of Fofana is getting a little out of control. I do feel we've been played by St Etienne a bit. £40m+ just seems a lot for a player that's hardly played in the French league. Yes he has age on his side, and I'm not denying that he has possible potential, but it could be a bit of a gamble.

Yes, it appears his price has doubled in the last few weeks.

3 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

Am I one of very few concerned about how the cost of Fofana is getting a little out of control. I do feel we've been played by St Etienne a bit. £40m+ just seems a lot for a player that's hardly played in the French league. Yes he has age on his side, and I'm not denying that he has possible potential, but it could be a bit of a gamble.

It’s the way it works (and I know you know that!)

We are getting played like a cheap harmonica 

We did exactly the same to Man Utd with Maguire 

it all boils down to how much you want your man…. And we appear to be very keen on Fofana…. Any signing is a gamble, but, someone’s seen enough on him to give it a go…

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SO1 said:

LOL. We'll see come deadline day. I'm sure the club want him but Rudkin doesn't seem to be the type to be bent over.

Mmmm...........I think he is still feeling very sore at the back following the severe shafting he received from the Portuguese 3 Summers ago.

3 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

Why do people keep on doing a straight conversion of the euro value to £. £ value is around 4 million lower than the euro values being quoted. It's still a lot of money, but this is why half of the time the final reported (guessed) figure is nowhere near the actual price the deal has been done for. 

4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

We must really rate this kid to be pumping this much at him. Slightly unnerved with that. I know this could be a huge success, but also a huge gamble. Tark would be able to fit in here and now.

TBH I think we haven’t made a another bid. 

st etienne panicking now due to tark bid 

Edited by happy85
  • Haha 1

Just now, happy85 said:

TBH I think we haven’t made a bid. 

st etienne panicking now due to tark bid 

:rolleyes: I must have forgotten how shady and Machiavellian the transfer shenanigans are!

1 minute ago, Plastik Man said:

A double edged sword. It could improve his tackling, but likely to increase the chances of conceding penalties to handball.

Rush goalie incoming

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

:rolleyes: I must have forgotten how shady and Machiavellian the transfer shenanigans are!

You should research the pepe deal to arsenal. 

lille used Liverpool as bait and arsenal fell right into the trap. 

ended up paying £72 million

1 minute ago, happy85 said:

There is actually a (I assume) joke thread on Red Cafe about how Arsenal are investigating themselves over the Pepe deal   lol

• Haha 1

It's no surprise we are bidding for Tarkowski and Fofana at the same time, we will now look to exert a bit of pressure ourselves. I still think Fofana is number 1 choice but we would settle for Tarkowski as long as Burnley drop their price. I'd rather Fofana but again I'd be happy with Tarkowski.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, happy85 said:

It's like the time we were waiting in an answer from Cambiasso so used James McCarthur to get it over the line. I'm pretty sure we got as far as he was waiting on a medical before we pulled the plug...

If we intend playing fifty odd games this season then four top quality CB’s will give them all between 25 and thirty games unless one gets injured in which case the other three will get over thirty 

with the euros at the end of the season I think it would be great to buy both of these guys with a view to the following season also being tough for the players. Every top side builds from the back!!

38 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Mmmm...........I think he is still feeling very sore at the back following the severe shafting he received from the Portuguese 3 Summers ago.

A sore back?

edit - sorry misread it.  Yes sore at the back.

Edited by murphy
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

It's like the time we were waiting in an answer from Cambiasso so used James McCarthur to get it over the line. I'm pretty sure we got as far as he was waiting on a medical before we pulled the plug...

Cambiasso and James McArthur used in the same sentence... just doesn't sit right 😂

• Haha 4