Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

22 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hahahaa are Milan ok in the head? ASSE turn down 3 bids from us all above the 25m euros they are offering as an obligation to buy next summer but want him on loan in the meantime. PRATS

We don’t actually know what ourselves and West Ham have offered though ........ and we don’t know what Milan are offering either (if at all)

Just now, st albans fox said:

We don’t actually know what ourselves and West Ham have offered though ........ and we don’t know what Milan are offering either (if at all)

If we go off what some of the more reliable people in the press have said we have put together a final package of £29.5m + 10% sell on clause. The geezer who is very knowledgeable on West Ham has said they bid £23m up front and £12m in add on's all paid over 6 years. 

Milan offering 25m euros on an obligation to buy must be some sort of witchcraft to better either of those deals. Even 25m euros up front next summer is not as attractive.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

If we go off what some of the more reliable people in the press have said we have put together a final package of £29.5m + 10% sell on clause. The geezer who is very knowledgeable on West Ham has said they bid £23m up front and £12m in add on's all paid over 6 years. 

Milan offering 25m euros on an obligation to buy must be some sort of witchcraft to better either of those deals. Even 25m euros up front next summer is not as attractive.

And Milan will surely know what the situation is with bids already made ....... clubs don’t waste their time. Milan’s ‘bid’ could simply be nonsense 

This is all insane. Tielemans fee £32mil (22yrs), Praet £24mil (24yrs), Castagna £22.5mil (24yrs), Cags £18mil (22yrs), Madders £22mil (21yrs)...and on and on.

Now we are potentially considering a £40mil bid for a 27yr old or a £35+add ons for a 19 year old with 20 odd first team games to his name. Neither of these 2 players are remotely as yet proven or capable for the fees mentioned in relation to the above players and the results they bring.

I hope city have an ace in their pack of cards.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

The fees are all about supply and demand.

Tielemans: Monaco wanted rid quick, and there were plenty of decent midfielders on the market (shown by the players United and Spurs were linked with, some of which they signed). We were the only club interested, so a deal was done at a low figure. You have to remember too that Youri had been shite for 12-18 months leading up to the loan.

Praet: Not a flashy player, low on goals and assists. Sampdoria tried to create a bidding war with Milan but I'm not sure they were ever properly interested. A couple of years left on the contract I believe. Deal was done late on deadline day after we haggled it down from closer to £25m to £18m ish.

Castagne: one year left on the contract, backup at Atalanta, a deal made sense for them. Player wanted to play in the Premier League.

Soyuncu: Worries about his consistency and potential for costly mistakes. Freiburg not financially powerful enough to turn down a half-decent offer. Again, deal was done on deadline day when there can sometimes be good value as teams look to sell in desperation.

Maddison: We could've had Grealish or one of several other options, Norwich would've been in deep financial shite if Maddison didn't go (as Farke said at the end of last season). ~£25m was a very large figure for a Championship midfielder, even the CFs like Watkins have only gone for a little bit more, Eze for less.

Now you look at Fofana, CBs are at a massive premium at the moment - Adam Webster £20m, Tyrone Mings £20m, Ruben Dias £62m, Maguire £80m. Look at the goals conceded up and down the Premier League in the opening 30 games. You've then got potentially three interested parties (Leicester, WHU, Milan), a club that aren't actually that desperate to sell, a manager who is desperate to keep him. It's just the way the market is.

I would pay £35m for Fofana.

Very good points, there's been very few established centre backs move this transfer window as well which makes it harder.

2 hours ago, mozartfox said:

May be ask your French Football contacts which Clubs do they believe will be shelling out 50/60m next year if COVID-19 wrecks the finances of all but a tiny handful of Clubs?  The transfer landscape is in a very different place now. Remove the two Manchester Clubs and Chelsea out of the equation and how many deals excess of 50M have been done around Europe in this window thus far??   

Yes that is the unforseen, that is why I said do St Etienne take the 30 mill now or wait and see.......which means they could lose out due to Covid continuing to wreck clubs finances into next year and beyond, or do they take a risk and think they could get more money for him next year?  I also said 'some' French fans, others said take the money and run, or St Etienne are being greedy & english clubs are crazy/stupid to pay that sort of money for him etc. 

31 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

The fees are all about supply and demand.

Tielemans: Monaco wanted rid quick, and there were plenty of decent midfielders on the market (shown by the players United and Spurs were linked with, some of which they signed). We were the only club interested, so a deal was done at a low figure. You have to remember too that Youri had been shite for 12-18 months leading up to the loan.

Praet: Not a flashy player, low on goals and assists. Sampdoria tried to create a bidding war with Milan but I'm not sure they were ever properly interested. A couple of years left on the contract I believe. Deal was done late on deadline day after we haggled it down from closer to £25m to £18m ish.

Castagne: one year left on the contract, backup at Atalanta, a deal made sense for them. Player wanted to play in the Premier League.

Soyuncu: Worries about his consistency and potential for costly mistakes. Freiburg not financially powerful enough to turn down a half-decent offer. Again, deal was done on deadline day when there can sometimes be good value as teams look to sell in desperation.

Maddison: We could've had Grealish or one of several other options, Norwich would've been in deep financial shite if Maddison didn't go (as Farke said at the end of last season). ~£25m was a very large figure for a Championship midfielder, even the CFs like Watkins have only gone for a little bit more, Eze for less.

Now you look at Fofana, CBs are at a massive premium at the moment - Adam Webster £20m, Tyrone Mings £20m, Ruben Dias £62m, Maguire £80m. Look at the goals conceded up and down the Premier League in the opening 30 games. You've then got potentially three interested parties (Leicester, WHU, Milan), a club that aren't actually that desperate to sell, a manager who is desperate to keep him. It's just the way the market is.

I would pay £35m for Fofana.

Just because other teams are paying over the odds for players doesn't mean we should.

You can pick examples in any position of teams paying over the odds. Rodrigo to Leeds for £30m, Watkins to Villa for £30m etc.

It's possible to recruit very good players without paying over the odds for them.

Any of these 3 would've been a decent addition to the team and been far less risk that splashing £35m on a player that hasn't even got a full season of first team football under his belt.

Koch - Leeds - £12m

Sarr - Chelsea - Free

Salisu - Southampton - £10m

21 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

Yes that is the unforseen, that is why I said do St Etienne take the 30 mill now or wait and see.......which means they could lose out due to Covid continuing to wreck clubs finances into next year and beyond, or do they take a risk and think they could get more money for him next year?  I also said 'some' French fans, others said take the money and run, or St Etienne are being greedy & english clubs are crazy/stupid to pay that sort of money for him etc. 

May be Claude knows something about a vaccine?   If the two head honchos at ASSE allow Puel to decide upon such a risk, then I hope their Bankers are tolerant.

Edited by mozartfox

11 minutes ago, matty98 said:

Just because other teams are paying over the odds for players doesn't mean we should.

You can pick examples in any position of teams paying over the odds. Rodrigo to Leeds for £30m, Watkins to Villa for £30m etc.

It's possible to recruit very good players without paying over the odds for them.

Any of these 3 would've been a decent addition to the team and been far less risk that splashing £35m on a player that hasn't even got a full season of first team football under his belt.

Koch - Leeds - £12m

Sarr - Chelsea - Free

Salisu - Southampton - £10m

I'll pop all of those into me 'we should have ****ing signed them' thread for future analysis. Cheers :) (spoiler alert, they usually turn out crap)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I'll pop all of those into me 'we should have ****ing signed them' thread for future analysis. Cheers :) (spoiler alert, they usually turn out crap)

They're just examples that CB's prices aren't all ridiculously inflated, all 3 of those players would be considered fairly highly rated young CB's similar to Fofana going for much less.

Also Fofana could turn out to be crap, same with any signing so not really sure what your point is?

4 minutes ago, matty98 said:

They're just examples that CB's prices aren't all ridiculously inflated, all 3 of those players would be considered fairly highly rated young CB's similar to Fofana going for much less.

Also Fofana could turn out to be crap, same with any signing so not really sure what your point is?

Sorry I just have this big thing that every season in transfer talk we have the same debates getting upset about players everton or west ham or southampton have 'somehow signed ahead of us' and they more often than not turn out to be utter crap. 

Was a flippant comment to be fair, it's had some fairly light hearted fun responses when i've brought it up in the past! 

Lot of people tend to bring up memories of Jahahahannananask at Brighton and Veretout at Aston Villa. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Anyone else get the feeling we are going to sign a defender that’s not been mentioned on deadline day. 

If we look back, Bennett, soyuncu, Benkovic and dragovic all came in on the final day without any links. Expect the unexpected 

Possibly, but my money is on Tarkowski signing before Friday this week.

4 hours ago, UHDrive said:

This is all insane. Tielemans fee £32mil (22yrs), Praet £24mil (24yrs), Castagna £22.5mil (24yrs), Cags £18mil (22yrs), Madders £22mil (21yrs)...and on and on.

Now we are potentially considering a £40mil bid for a 27yr old or a £35+add ons for a 19 year old with 20 odd first team games to his name. Neither of these 2 players are remotely as yet proven or capable for the fees mentioned in relation to the above players and the results they bring.

I hope city have an ace in their pack of cards.

I don’t quite get the point you are trying to make bud. Right now all those you’ve mentioned would go for at least double perhaps treble what we paid for them. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Anyone else get the feeling we are going to sign a defender that’s not been mentioned on deadline day. 

If we look back, Bennett, soyuncu, Benkovic and dragovic all came in on the final day without any links. Expect the unexpected 

I actually cannot wait for deadline day this year. Think we’ve got a few aces up the sleeve.