Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

1 hour ago, Strokes said:
3 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

If one were to buy all the desirable/available players, one ends up with a Chelsea-type situation - and out of us and Chelsea, I know which club I'd rather be.

C’mon the suspense is killing me. It’s Chelsea isn’t it?

It can't be Chelsea because..... :ph34r:

image.png.417311ee00c6a15760a3e6580e3be2ad.png

7 minutes ago, Dan Gliballs said:

I bet you Tarks will when he’s playing in Europe and on a significantly improved wage deal.

He will want to play, he’s not one for being a rotation option, not even in a higher wage. To come hear he will want to be guaranteed a starting place, and unless we constantly play a back three he won’t get that, Evans has been far too good to drop, even if Tarks will improve our game. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

He will want to play, he’s not one for being a rotation option, not even in a higher wage. To come hear he will want to be guaranteed a starting place, and unless we constantly play a back three he won’t get that, Evans has been far too good to drop, even if Tarks will improve our game. 

Fair enough, I just disagree.

With all respect to Burnley, Leicester is an upgrade in most respects. Better facilities, probably a significant increase in wages, European football, and better prospects of success going forward.

Add to that, the club and the player’s agent, and indeed the player are probably not ignorant to the reality that Cags may be an asset that’s cashed in on in the future, as interest from bigger clubs will undoubtably continue if he carries on performing as he has been.

Add all that together and he’d be foolish to turn his nose up at such an advancement opportunity at his age, even if it did mean he wouldn’t necessarily be starting every game (although still hardly a ‘bench player’ I doubt)

Riyad went to Man City under similar terms, it’s not unheard of.

16 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

How do we know this - there been an interview somewhere?

44 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

If he wants to join a top 6 side 😜 then he has to force his way into the team. Same way Maddison wouldn't get into the team atm (providing Praet didn't get injured) it's part of being in a squad wanting to play European football. Plus we will no doubt switch from 4 atb to 3 atb a fair bit I imagine. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Evans has been far too good to drop, even if Tarks will improve our game. 

Which club would carry on playing someone ,however good they've been, if there's a player who will improve our game on the bench. 

The manager would be risking their job out of loyalty to a player. Not as if Evans will be dropped, just rotated.

41 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

'#Leicester returned to the charge for Wesley #Fofana . The last offer amounts to 40M € , of which 5M € bonus, to secure the services of DC Saint-Etienne. This time, Saint-Etienne leaders are divided on the answer to be provided.'

We've been teased too many times to get my hopes up. lol

Edited by NaijaFox

2 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

'#Leicester returned to the charge for Wesley #Fofana . The last offer amounts to 40M € , of which 5M € bonus, to secure the services of DC Saint-Etienne. This time, Saint-Etienne leaders are divided on the answer to be provided.'

If that's legitimate they'd snap our hands off at that! That's an outrageous offer!

Not me paying the bills though, and I really want to see him sign, so whatever it takes I guess, but damn...

3 hours ago, NasPb said:

LOL. We'll see come deadline day. I'm sure the club want him but Rudkin doesn't seem to be the type to be bent over.

13 hours ago, matty98 said:

Just because other teams are paying over the odds for players doesn't mean we should.

You can pick examples in any position of teams paying over the odds. Rodrigo to Leeds for £30m, Watkins to Villa for £30m etc.

It's possible to recruit very good players without paying over the odds for them.

Any of these 3 would've been a decent addition to the team and been far less risk that splashing £35m on a player that hasn't even got a full season of first team football under his belt.

Koch - Leeds - £12m

Sarr - Chelsea - Free

Salisu - Southampton - £10m

Tbf we haven't seen Salisu play yet so know nothing about how he'll turn out. Koch has looked a good buy but Leeds could offer him something we couldn't, which is why he wouldn't consider us.

Sarr is overrated.

28 minutes ago, happy85 said:

Both tark & fofana signing up? 

Madness if that happens 

Well we’ll certainly get one of them by the looks of it but we surely won’t get both unless there is some player exchange going on. Pick a club Demarai, St.Etienne or Burnley...?

• Haha 1