Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

Get the CB sorted, then a couple of deadline day loans for players who clubs haven't been able to shift permanently. I imagine that might well be the strategy... and as long as those players are ones that were already on a shortlist, and not a made panic, I see no issue with it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Is tanner guessing ?  

Not sure, he never knew much when he wrote for The Mercury or certainly never admitted to but perhaps he wanted to ensure he didn't upset the club. Since he's written for The Athletic he makes claims that would appear he's in the know, likewise Jason Bourne does now he is at Talks port. We are a private club so it's very difficult to know how accurate a lot of this is, media who don't have any vested interest in us often report without much consideration for how secretive we are and often the only outlet we get on potential activity.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

If we intend playing fifty odd games this season then four top quality CB’s will give them all between 25 and thirty games unless one gets injured in which case the other three will get over thirty 

with the euros at the end of the season I think it would be great to buy both of these guys with a view to the following season also being tough for the players. Every top side builds from the back!!

Both are too much. £70m for two CB's and neither are guaranteed to improve the first XI, it's a waste of valuable limited resources.

I'd much rather have three front line CB's to share 90% of the CB load and then the 4th choice is up for grabs whether that be Morgan, Benkovic, Amartey or an academy lad if one can get ahead of the other 4th choices.. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Not sure, he never knew much when he wrote for The Mercury or certainly never admitted to but perhaps he wanted to ensure he didn't upset the club. Since he's written for The Athletic he makes claims that would appear he's in the know, likewise Jason Bourne does now he is at Talks port. We are a private club so it's very difficult to know how accurate a lot of this is, media who don't have any vested interest in us often report without much consideration for how secretive we are and often the only outlet we get on potential activity.

Tanner has a lot more info now through networking with others that work for The Athletic. I imagine the same applies to Jason Bourne by working for Talk Sport. The Mercury just rehash everyone else’s info these days. 

• Like 2

It we can chop out Silva/Slimani, Ghezzel and James, there would be cash for loan signings. Unfortunately there are no Amazonian Logging Companies with branches based in and around Leicester, so I fear not much scope for bringing in 5. 

3 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Mmmm...........I think he is still feeling very sore at the back following the severe shafting he received from the Portuguese 3 Summers ago.

No doubt. Silva Silimani and there were one or two others who I think have taught ownership and staff a very valuable lesson about spending large sums of money. Have a plan and buy accordingly. Don't change the plan. I don't know what happened here when Puel started but that seems like a dramitic shift in the playing style of the club. Thankfully the change to Rodgers feels seemless in terms of business. Think that Rudkin and the club have been flawless since I started following day to day.

4 minutes ago, AmyLGK said:

179 pages!!!!!! 

Please can someone summarise - is this happening or not!?!?!?!

ERRRRRR Absolutely no idea. have we/have we not put in another bid? take it or leave it? have we told them to do one? any or all of the above. I think the only thing we know for sure is that we are interested, the player wants the move but ASSE don't want to sell unless it is for silly money.  But i could be wrong of course

3 minutes ago, Walshy5 said:

It is happening but it's not happening. Go to work but don't go to work. Go to the pub but don't go to the pub. Stay at home but go out.

Read your post, but not read your post. :frantics:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mozartfox said:

I read a comment from one of the top honchos at ASSE that Puel is one of the only Coaches around that also has a position on the Board of a Club.  This is why he has so much influence on this.

He’s General Manager, which sounds like both an administrative and technical/coaching role.

2 hours ago, mozartfox said:

I read a comment from one of the top honchos at ASSE that Puel is one of the only Coaches around that also has a position on the Board of a Club.  This is why he has so much influence on this.

...you can understand his need for job security in light of his previous appointments!!!

It is reasonable to seek the security that he seems to lack, as he seeks to repeat a process, in his belief that his vision can succeed if given the time to follow it through.

His position can result in a stalemate as we are witnessing due to him having a voice on the board and the conflict it causes. 

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Full summary of the L’Equipe article by GFFN

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2020/leicester-make-4th-offer-for-wesley-fofana-worth-e40m-st-etienne-havent-rejected-it-yet/

Leicester make 4th offer for Wesley Fofana worth €40m & St Étienne haven’t rejected it yet…

L’Équipe report that Premier League side Leicester City over the weekend made a 4th bid for 19-year-old French central defender Wesley Fofana to St Étienne, worth a total of €40m.

The new deal offered is €35m in cash plus €5m in potential bonuses for a player currently contracted to Les Verts until June 2024.

The St Étienne board is now facing a considerable dilemma. Last Thursday, they were all behind manager Claude Puel’s point of view that Fofana should not be sold during this window no matter what the offer is, when they took the collective decision to reject Leicester City’s 3rd offer (€32m) and West Ham United’s €35m bid.

Fofana found a contract agreement with the Foxes a month ago and they are his preferred destination. His relationship with Puel has soured as the French tactician refuses to engage with the teenager on this subject as Fofana seeks to force an exit.

St Étienne’s board met on Monday and have neither accepted nor rejected Leicester’s latest proposal yet – it would appear as if the board is now split in terms of what to do. Tick tock.

40 million quid is more than we paid for Soyuncu, Ndidi, and Evans COMBINED! :ill:

• Like 1