Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

2 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

The article doesn't say that... England currently have Eric Dier in the national team, I can't believe anyone other than Southgate or Spurs fans think he's actually a good international player and that there aren't more deserving player's that should get in the England squad. 

Lots of French fans were calling for Fofana to be called up in the recently friendlies. 

I think Fofana has yet to show his ability at a high level consistently so I'm worried about the fee.

I’m not. Gerrimin

• Like 1

£30 odd million plus add ons is a huge gamble. However recent recruitments have been good so presume an awful lot of homework was done. The player is going to be under tremendous pressure at 19 to justify that price tag I hope he can cope with it. Suspect that resale values and the fact that the player would have lower wages are the reasons that he is ahead of Tarkowski. 

Edited by Edingleyfox

For all those saying it's a huge gamble if he hadn't shown so much promise in his first 20 games people wouldn't be asking him to be called up in the French team that still hasn't capped Laporte and ASSE would have already palmed him off to us for €30m.

Worst case scenario for us is he doesn't live up to his promise and becomes a £15m player. 

Gerrrrrrrrrrrrrimin

Just now, Gerard said:

For all those saying it's a huge gamble if he hadn't shown so much promise in his first 20 games people wouldn't be asking him to be called up in the French team that still hasn't capped Laporte and ASSE would have already palmed him off to us for €30m.

Worst case scenario for us is he doesn't live up to his promise and becomes a £15m player. 

Gerrrrrrrrrrrrrimin

You could buy Wilfred Ndidi for that. Or 3 Kantés. Or 5 Jonny Evanses. Or 15 Jamie Vardys. Or 37.5 Riyad Mahrezes.

Leicester City have been given a breakthrough in their pursuit of Wesley Fofana after St Etienne reduced their asking price for the French centre-back.  

Brendan Rodgers made Fofana, 19, his primary defensive target earlier in the summer but have struggled to agree a fee with his Ligue 1 club, who wanted more than £50million for a player with four years left on his current contract.

It is understood a deal can now be done closer to £36million, as St Etienne risk missing out entirely on a windfall for the teenager.   

The deal was initially complicated as Claude Puel, who was sacked at the King Power Stadium last year, is now in charge at Geoffroy Stadium and wanted to keep Fofana from his old club. 

Leicester have bid for Burnley’s James Tarkowski and also looked at Germany centre-back Jonathan Tah on a loan from Bayer Leverkusen, although there is hope a deal for Fofana can be revived before next week’s transfer deadline for international deals. 

Rodgers has made a centre-back his priority as he relied on Jonny Evans and Caglar Soyuncu last season and needs competition ahead of another campaign challenging for the Champions League places. 

Evans’ suspension at the start of the season saw Wilfred Ndidi drop from his midfield role into defence, but the Nigeria international is now sidelined through injury, meaning fewer options.  

Rodgers has brought in Belgium full-back Timothy Castagne from Atalanta and his arrival has been a success in the early games of the Premier League season. Cengiz Ünder has also arrived on a loan from Roma to bolster his attacking options. 

Castagne’s arrival covered for Ben Chilwell’s departure to Chelsea in a £50million deal but Rodgers still wants to strengthen the central area of his defence, which also has Wes Morgan competing for a place.  

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, sdb said:

Don't tell me they're gonna get a better player for 20% of the price?! 😅

This Diakite lad was regularly playing for Toulouse last season when they managed to get relegated and got just 13 points, also missed about 10 games with a calf injury

He has played 2 games for the France u19s in the last 2 years but he has been part of the France youth system for a 4 years so I imagine that played a part in him getting called up also

Nothing to really suggest he is any better, and Fofana seems to be the more highly rated one anyway

• Like 1

Just now, Dirkster the Fox said:

Apparently bid £37m and we get Tarkowski.

Who do you fancy, a 19 yr old, talented, but unproven in the Premiership or a 27 yr old who is one of the best (and proven) CB in the league.

I reckon Wesley is the smoke screen.

Tarkowski all the time for me. 

Think you’re gonna be disappointed Dirkster, this one is close to being agreed now. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

This Diakite lad was regularly playing for Toulouse last season when they managed to get relegated and got just 13 points, also missed about 10 games with a calf injury

He has played 2 games for the France u19s in the last 2 years but he has been part of the France youth system for a 4 years so I imagine that played a part in him getting called up also

Nothing to really suggest he is any better, and Fofana seems to be the more highly rated one anyway

Fofana for me. Both in a perfect world. 

• Like 3

Just now, GingerrrFox said:

Think you’re gonna be disappointed Dirkster, this one is close to being agreed now. 

Maybe so, but Tarkowski is a rock and still got an easy 4-6 years top flight in him. I won't complain with either outcome, just would prefer a proven player in our league, English, who's getting better still and talented.