Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

10 minutes ago, StanSP said:

With Tarkowski rumours gaining speed, does this mean we're not signing James Rodriguez Wesley Fofana?

Wouldn't rule this one out if we did get Tarkowski, they could do what Arsenal did with Saliba or we did with Benkovic if they think he'd a good prospect at a decent price.

Don't think we would need a fourth CB this season as good as Fofana though, in 3atb maybe.

22 minutes ago, StanSP said:

With Tarkowski rumours gaining speed, does this mean we're not signing James Rodriguez Wesley Fofana?

Still think we need 2 CBs personally so would love to get Fofana too. Expensive yes but much, much needed extra quality, especially if Evans doesn't sign a new contract

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Still think we need 2 CBs personally so would love to get Fofana too. Expensive yes but much, much needed extra quality, especially if Evans doesn't sign a new contract

Werent the club trying to tie him down towards the back end of last season? I assume talks haven't gone well or he doesn't intend to stay here. For me it makes a difference in whether or not to spend more on fofana and bed him in incase he's going.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, UHDrive said:

Werent the club trying to tie him down towards the back end of last season? I assume talks haven't gone well or he doesn't intend to stay here. For me it makes a difference in whether or not to spend more on fofana and bed him in incase he's going.

It was mentioned in a couple of reliable places IIRC, as was Maddison’s and Soyuncu’s. These things do take time but Maddison’s was reported as being done a few weeks before the club bothered to announce it. So who knows really.

Just now, Kingleicester said:

4 minutes ago, Kingleicester said:

To me, Everton are like a club that brings in players full of potential, but 9/10 they flop. Because they are not the players they once were, it always seems they rock up at Everton for one last pay check, they never seem to be as hungry at Everton 

18 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Says we don’t wanna pay £27m, I think that’s a bargain for him, if he’s there another season he’s gonna be worth double that. 

18 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Can’t remember Simon Jones’ record with us. I think the Mail has got some stuff right in the past tho. 

Offering £18m but not wanting to go as high as £27m seems true to be honest. 

16 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I’ll take both 

benko is sadly unlikely to make it due to injuries 

wes is almost finished

we should have four quality CB’s, especially given Jonny has had injuries in the past and cags could still have the odd brain fart re a potential red card.    If fofana is decent then he also has good resale value. It’s an investment...

but we aren’t spending fifty odd mill on centre backs ! 

I wouldn't mind going into this season with Soyuncu/Evans/Fofana/Benkovic, giving Benkovic a chance in the team, and if it doesn't work with him, sign Tarkowski next summer when he only has a year on his contract.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

It's going to create too much confusion having 2 CB's on the team called Wes. So it's a reluctant 'no' from me. :ph34r:

Easily sorted Big Wes and Little Wes, they can head to the locker room and decide which one is which. Maybe this could be part of the announcement video.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Can’t remember Simon Jones’ record with us. I think the Mail has got some stuff right in the past tho. 

Offering £18m but not wanting to go as high as £27m seems true to be honest. 

From what I can recall, the odd time the Mail does report on us and transfers, they tend to know their onions.

4 hours ago, Lesta2014 said:

20 plus 7m in add ons? 

Seems more likely. Can see us agreeing a £22m deal or something, plus add-ons maybe.

• Like 1

£27m does seem a little on the spicy side, especially given Gabriel from Lille just went for less than that from a more established French team. I think we'll get this done, only reason we won't is if Tarkowski becomes available for a reasonable fee.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

£27m does seem a little on the spicy side, especially given Gabriel from Lille just went for less than that from a more established French team. I think we'll get this done, only reason we won't is if Tarkowski becomes available for a reasonable fee.

In fairness St Etienne are probably less keen on selling Fofana after losing Saliba. Lille are a selling club as well.