Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

5 hours ago, Cecchini1976 said:

Well my personal opinion is that our full strength starting 11 last season was amazing for leicester city, we usually have a net spend of about 35 million and we finished 5th due to loss of form, injurys and the whole pandemic thing. We had one miraculous season that we finished higher  🏆 . But if I look at our starting 11 last season compared to previous Leicester teams I would say it’s amazing. But the squad isn’t, otherwise we would have finished 3rd. I’m not sure what you expect, we have been rubbish for the vast majority of my lifetime and last season we challenged the big boys and still finished amongst them. Weather you liked Chilwell or not, he is a good player, and would walk in to most teams. If we had 2 amazing attacking wide men then we would have been one of the best teams in Europe, but we are leicester city, finished in the top 5 twice in like 60 years, normally we are in the championship or fighting relegation, so for me last seasons first 11 was amazing 

None of what youve said counteracts my original point though. Yes last year's team was one of the best in the clubs history but all of our most important players were bought/loaned under our previous managers. We just built an 100 mil training ground and we're buying players for 20 mil a piece similar to top clubs like sevilla, ac milan, lyon etc, just because we're little leicester doesnt mean we can sit back and not try and improve our team, in football if youre not moving forwards youre moving backwards, so what if it makes us one of the best teams in europe isnt that what we want? If we're just a top winger away surely you would be disappointed if we dont try and reach that level? Personally i really want to see us try and improve our starting 11 and push for top 6 again and it worries me that we have only made squad quality transfers under congerton/rodgers rather than the young talented transfers that we saw under puel (although that being said fofana probably fits under that bracket but we need a fofana type transfer for our weak areas rather than for cb which is a strong point in our team).

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

We have plenty of French speakers, Tielemans, Castagne and Praet .

They’re all Flemish Belgians so Dutch is presumably their ‘first’ language - although Europeans all tend towards being polyglots much more than us brits I suppose 

1 hour ago, Jobyfox said:

They’re all Flemish Belgians so Dutch is presumably their ‘first’ language - although Europeans all tend towards being polyglots much more than us brits I suppose 

Tielemans and Praet are Flemish, Castagne is French

8 hours ago, Horibbly Wrong said:

He's probably the reason we gave Mendy an extension. 

Settle him in a bit as no-one else can speak French except for Vardy who only knows the French for 'Where is the station'

Claude Puel sent the whole team for intensive French lessons when he was here and instructed them to use it at all times including during matches. It meant that they hardly did any training but at least Claude could comprehend what they were saying to each other on the pitch and also know that they would understand his post match bollockings

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jobyfox said:

Tielemans (and Ricardo) both played in France for a while so presumably can speak at least some French anyway.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jobyfox said:

I know we’ve had brexit but show some class, there’s no need for name calling :ph34r:

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Isn’t there an overly keel chap who spends the transfer window harassing targets? Where is he when we need him! 

Liam cooled it on the old plane tracking for obvious reasons after what happened.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

(For the record, I'm aware they also speak Dutch.)

I reckon Praet's french sounds a bit shaky there. Brussels is a French speaking city so I guess that was Anderlecht's 'Lingua franca' (Not that I speak French, mind) Tielemans sounded much more native level

• Like 1

If you come from Belgium you are generally bilingual, the North is Flemish and the south is French,  although good French speakers, Praet and Tielemans accent is different to that in France...it is slower and more understandable to us Brits so perhaps it is their second language.  I know Ricardo speaks French as I've seen him interviewed on French TV. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Horibbly Wrong said:

He's probably the reason we gave Mendy an extension. 

Settle him in a bit as no-one else can speak French except for Vardy who only knows the French for 'Where is the station'

None of the Belgium Contingent speak French then? 🤔