Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

57 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Easily sorted Big Wes and Little Wes, they can head to the locker room and decide which one is which. Maybe this could be part of the announcement video.

It would probably come down to which one is 'Big Wes' and which one is 'Massive Wes'.

• Haha 1

I'm sure we have a plan but we seem to be doing the rounds looking at price tags and moving on as everything is still at full price to look again next week.Admit I do the same at January sales when money is tight.However sometimes we need to pay the going rate to get the right fit before it goes. Whether it is Tarkowski who could slot in immediately or Fofana I think a decision needs to be made now rather than later when we could be struggling and less likely to attract players of this calibre.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

In fairness St Etienne are probably less keen on selling Fofana after losing Saliba. Lille are a selling club as well.

True, but Lille usually sell for decent fees. £27m for a defender with less than a years experience is a lot, no other country's clubs would pay or be charged that. For example Milan will get him for £20-22m if they offered it.

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

True, but Lille usually sell for decent fees. £27m for a defender with less than a years experience is a lot, no other country's clubs would pay or be charged that. For example Milan will get him for £20-22m if they offered it.

True, but no use complaining about being charged PL premium. I'm also pretty sure Gabriel is 3 years older than Fofana as well, which can be a lot when we're talking about young talents.

If we're confident in his ability and our scouting, it'd probably be a worthwhile calculated risk to spend 30 on this kid over 30 for Tarkowski. Fofana's value is more likely to increase and he's more likely to tolerate spending a year being second fiddle to Cags and Evans without sulking. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

If we're confident in his ability and our scouting, it'd probably be a worthwhile calculated risk to spend 30 on this kid over 30 for Tarkowski. Fofana's value is more likely to increase and he's more likely to tolerate spending a year being second fiddle to Cags and Evans without sulking. 

Its worth the calculated risk from a financial point of view, not sure it is from short term team performance one.

If we had 3 senior CB who can stay fit I'd agree with you, however I'm not sure Morgan can be counted on. So we are down to Cags and Evans, one suspension of or injury and we are in trouble as shown by the last few weeks of last season and the first few of this one.

Edited by coolhandfox

A thought ..... this kid clearly thought he was on his way here re the social media stuff a couple weeks back 

Something changed 

perhaps we realised there was an alternative target available that we preferred ??

if we can’t get that target and went back for fofana, would you blame st Etienne for moving the goalposts on the deal and asking for more money ??

or maybe we are still trying to get the alternative deal done ....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

A thought ..... this kid clearly thought he was on his way here re the social media stuff a couple weeks back 

Something changed 

perhaps we realised there was an alternative target available that we preferred ??

if we can’t get that target and went back for fofana, would you blame st Etienne for moving the goalposts on the deal and asking for more money ??

or maybe we are still trying to get the alternative deal done ....

I suspect it's still well on its way to happening, reports of being £9m apart in negotiations might seem a lot but there must be a feeling between us and the player and representatives that this will happen and he jumped the gun on his insta activity 😂

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Couple of 29 year olds they'll probably want to replace in two years time, but will be stuck with for 5 years. Once again Everton seem to have little or no actual plan around how to spend their money. 

Oh I agree they’ll pay a lot for it, if it clicks though they’ll do well you’d think 🙂

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2020/leicester-willing-to-offer-e25m-for-st-etienne-defender-wesley-fofana/

Leicester willing to offer €25m for St Étienne defender Wesley Fofana

L’Équipe report that after making initial contact with St Étienne on the matter, Leicester City are now poised to lodge a €25m bid for 19-year-old French central defender Wesley Fofana.

Last summer, ASSE received a €4.5m bid from RB Salzburg for the player that they seriously considered, before deciding to reject the offer. In winter, Les Verts received €20m bids from RB Leipzig and AS Monaco for the teenager. This summer, ASSE have knocked back two offers for Fofana from AC Milan, one worth €15m and then another for €18m.

The Foxes are ready to outbid the Italians to the tune of €25m, but would that fee on its own be enough to convince Ronald Romeyer to sell? The answer, at the moment, is unclear. He wants the sale of Fofana to earn the club more than the sale of Saliba, which was €30m including bonuses. In this COVID market, that seems somewhat unrealistic. However, ASSE could still be convinced should the Foxes get creative with their proposal – i.e. a significant sell-on percentage fee clause in the deal or offering one or two players in exchange for the French youth international.

Officially, the St Étienne board are insisting that Fofana will not be sold until the following summer, with Claude Puel strategising around the teen as a centrepiece for the project this season. Les Verts signed the player to a contract extension in April, but it is Fofana’s contract that has created a stir in the camp, when it is compared to Adil Aouchiche’s deal.

The ex-PSG academy talent signed on a free transfer for Les Verts this summer in what was seen as a major coup, but his salary of €80k per month gross plus a €4m signing bonus, eclipses the deal that Fofana received in April of €75k per month gross plus a €450k signing bonus. This has created unhappiness in Fofana’s camp, to the point that despite the fact that he has an exceptional relationship with Puel, he is now considering his future at the club.

Valencia, Villarreal, Real Betis and Sevilla have all also made contact.

3 minutes ago, lcfcnsk said:

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2020/leicester-willing-to-offer-e25m-for-st-etienne-defender-wesley-fofana/

Leicester willing to offer €25m for St Étienne defender Wesley Fofana

L’Équipe report that after making initial contact with St Étienne on the matter, Leicester City are now poised to lodge a €25m bid for 19-year-old French central defender Wesley Fofana.

Last summer, ASSE received a €4.5m bid from RB Salzburg for the player that they seriously considered, before deciding to reject the offer. In winter, Les Verts received €20m bids from RB Leipzig and AS Monaco for the teenager. This summer, ASSE have knocked back two offers for Fofana from AC Milan, one worth €15m and then another for €18m.

The Foxes are ready to outbid the Italians to the tune of €25m, but would that fee on its own be enough to convince Ronald Romeyer to sell? The answer, at the moment, is unclear. He wants the sale of Fofana to earn the club more than the sale of Saliba, which was €30m including bonuses. In this COVID market, that seems somewhat unrealistic. However, ASSE could still be convinced should the Foxes get creative with their proposal – i.e. a significant sell-on percentage fee clause in the deal or offering one or two players in exchange for the French youth international.

Officially, the St Étienne board are insisting that Fofana will not be sold until the following summer, with Claude Puel strategising around the teen as a centrepiece for the project this season. Les Verts signed the player to a contract extension in April, but it is Fofana’s contract that has created a stir in the camp, when it is compared to Adil Aouchiche’s deal.

The ex-PSG academy talent signed on a free transfer for Les Verts this summer in what was seen as a major coup, but his salary of €80k per month gross plus a €4m signing bonus, eclipses the deal that Fofana received in April of €75k per month gross plus a €450k signing bonus. This has created unhappiness in Fofana’s camp, to the point that despite the fact that he has an exceptional relationship with Puel, he is now considering his future at the club.

Valencia, Villarreal, Real Betis and Sevilla have all also made contact.

20m plus Diabate and Ghezzel.

On 05/09/2020 at 16:52, SheppyFox said:

Im jealous of Everton this window, I’d be ecstatic if we’d signed Allan & James Rodriguez. 

Allan decent but let's not kid ourselves theyve signed the Colombian equalivant of Glyfi 

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Its worth the calculated risk from a financial point of view, not sure it is from short term team performance one.

If we had 3 senior CB who can stay fit I'd agree with you, however I'm not sure Morgan can be counted on. So we are down to Cags and Evans, one suspension of or injury and we are in trouble as shown by the last few weeks of last season and the first few of this one.

Benkovic?? 

25m for a 19y/o seems steep but with our record for resale values (which seems to be on everyone's mind these days) we could see 3 times that for a sale in about 4 years if he plays well, and who knows might be an experienced international by then. Could be a price worth paying right now. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

For two seasons and then have to replace half a team.

Oh without a doubt, a free FFP hit this year though so I don’t think their owners can be too worried about potential cash waste, they’ve certainly not bothered about throwing money away before 😂

16 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Rodgers "We need to add goals...."

Congerton "Sign ALL the centre backs...". 

Congerton doesn't fart unless it's on orders from Rodgers.  You better believe whatever transfers either is pushing for, they're in lock-step.