Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

2 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

Even if he wanted to, he couldn't most the time.

Is he injured currently? I assume he must be if he was left out of the friendly, unless he's on international duty and I missed that. 

Edited by Lambert09

51 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Is he injured currently? I assume he must be if he was left out of the friendly, unless he's on international duty and I missed that. 

I'm not sure. I've seen people saying he is injured, but I don't know if they know any more than we do. Wouldn't surprise me in the least. Also read comments saying Rodgers wants rid. I think there was an article not long ago that listed our transfer-listed players. It had all the expected names on it, but also had Benkovic on it.

Not sure how true any of that is, but my guess is we'll only be keeping him around if we can't get one or two CBs in.

I don't think he was on international duty, no.

7 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I'm not sure. I've seen people saying he is injured, but I don't know if they know any more than we do. Wouldn't surprise me in the least. Also read comments saying Rodgers wants rid. I think there was an article not long ago that listed our transfer-listed players. It had all the expected names on it, but also had Benkovic on it.

Not sure how true any of that is, but my guess is we'll only be keeping him around if we can't get one or two CBs in.

I don't think he was on international duty, no.

It says a lot if he’s fit and ndidi starts at the back. I really thought this was going to be his soyuncu moment 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Edingleyfox said:

Daily Mail states we are prepared to offer £20 million and Fofana open to a move. I think the club had put a 30 million Euro valuation which is pushing it but hopefully something can be sorted with the usual add ons to get this over the line

I swear it said we were prepared to offer £18m last night? Rudkins making progress 

14 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

I think this is done but they are haggling over the last details of the fee.

Fofana following us last week, unfollowing us, following Papy Mendy then unfollowing him too is surely a sign that the club have agreed personal terms with him and he's gone to ask Mendy what Leicester's like.

We're now at the stage where St. Etienne are media posturing to make it look like they tried their best to extract a big fee from us and tried to keep him, and City are just trying to bring the fee down or talking to them about instalments and so on.

We have seen deals like this before - from whispers I heard the club sorted Dennis Praet's contract in July and it then took them a couple of weeks, in between sorting Maguire out and other deals, to negotiate the fee.

I'm not ITK fwiw but this would be typical City.

Cheers Geoff! 

9 hours ago, jeffschlupp said:

Fofana following us last week, unfollowing us, following Papy Mendy then unfollowing him too is surely a sign that the club have agreed personal terms with him and he's gone to ask Mendy what Leicester's like.

We're now at the stage where St. Etienne are media posturing to make it look like they tried their best to extract a big fee from us and tried to keep him, and City are just trying to bring the fee down or talking to them about instalments and so on.

We have seen deals like this before - from whispers I heard the club sorted Dennis Praet's contract in July and it then took them a couple of weeks, in between sorting Maguire out and other deals, to negotiate the fee.

Very interesting insight Jeff hope it happens. We will be looking very good sooon had another cheeky bet on top 6 and vardy golden boot like last year .🤙

10 hours ago, jeffschlupp said:

thats pretty much spot on for me tbh.

A window of Castagne, Brooks, Fofana and a striker like Edouard would end up being a good one.

Shame Covid has ****ed any chance of getting the lads heads sorted following last years disaster. Feels like we haven't had a chance to catch our breath.

Sending them all away for a month before getting them in the Alps for pre-season training and then getting them all started a the new training ground would have been ideal.

• Like 1

Jeff has convinced me. So a new wing back, a new centre half, and I have doubts about De Paul, so it’s a season of three at the back with wing backs. Could work: our wing backs are our strongest position, and if they can link up with Youri, Barnes and Maddision then Vardy could be well supplied.

6 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Shame Covid has ****ed any chance of getting the lads heads sorted following last years disaster. Feels like we haven't had a chance to catch our breath.

Sending them all away for a month before getting them in the Alps for pre-season training and then getting them all started a the new training ground would have been ideal.

I think these are really excellent points, especially the first one. It's too easy to assume all is normal and forget that the collapse was probably traumatic for the players, the management and the club, and in spite of our anger and concerns, I think it's important to try to remain humane when mulling it all over. 

Not trying to be preachy, as I understand all points of view on the last few months. But nothing is normal in the world right now and hasn't been for a while

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I think these are really excellent points, especially the first one. It's too easy to assume all is normal and forget that the collapse was probably traumatic for the players, the management and the club, and in spite of our anger and concerns, I think it's important to try to remain humane when mulling it all over. 

Not trying to be preachy, as I understand all points of view on the last few months. But nothing is normal in the world right now and hasn't been for a while

No of course not but whereas some clubs have been able to deal with Covid with no problems at all it feels like we've been hardest hit.

Basically the translated article says that we’ve offered between 25 & 30 million euros. Milan have only offered 18 million. Player is keen to come to England and club seem to be willing to sell for that figure, but Puel doesn’t want to lose the player. The translation suggests we’ve offered to send a player on loan to cover the loss (Benkovic?) but Puel isn’t interested.

F1581ACC-3D22-4EE4-B223-D1AEE9FDE144.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stu said:

Basically the translated article says that we’ve offered between 25 & 30 million euros. Milan have only offered 18 million. Player is keen to come to England and club seem to be willing to sell for that figure, but Puel doesn’t want to lose the player. The translation suggests we’ve offered to send a player on loan to cover the loss (Benkovic?) but Puel isn’t interested.

Who cares what Puel thinks? Player says yes, club says yes, **** Puel.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, stu said:

All of that plus the club wishing Claude happy birthday last week, obviously hasn’t worked. Thought the “happy birthday Claude” would be the clincher 

• Haha 1