Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

Guest Markyblue
1 minute ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

That might have been the case previously but they now have a world class manager. If Everton can't make it work this season they never will.

The problem is their fans genuinely believe they should be challenging for the title and that puts a lot of pressure on any manager,  even a good one.

6 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

People going on like Everton are a much bigger pull. Come off it, been said a million times but Leicester have a plan to be sustainable and won’t go betting their future on spunking millions each window for success, Everton are. While FFP doesn’t really count this year, there is no way Everton have the revenue to spend what they are but their billionaire owner will support this. Their recruitment has been average to say that least.

Everton may pay more I’d take that as a valid point but players like Maddison chose Leicester (Everton were in for him) and ten years ago that wouldn’t have happened so we’ve come a long way.

I think younger players with potential are definitely more likely to be attracted to us than Everton. When was the last time they signed someone with potential? They seem much more focused on signing players at their peak than developing players.

Let's not forget that they are a bigger club that us though, historically. Doesn't mean we aren't a better one 😉

1 hour ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Those 2 players would never sign for us. Like it or not Everton are a bigger pull then us even before ancelotti. They've beat us to other targets over the years too.

Ah but we missed a spray of bullets with Sigurdsson:thumbup:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Those 2 players would never sign for us. Like it or not Everton are a bigger pull then us even before ancelotti. They've beat us to other targets over the years too.

They're both literally signing because of Ancelotti lol

Whether you think they have more pull than us or not, don't be fooled by this. 

Guest Markyblue

Strange club with even stranger fans, for many years i had a soft spot for them....the people's club, loyal fans ,live in the city unlike a lot of pool fans but especially around the time of our title win i realised that a more entitled nasty bitter group of fans do not exist anywhere,  total knobs who i hope can carry on being bitter for a long time.

17 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

Everton may pay more I’d take that as a valid point but players like Maddison chose Leicester (Everton were in for him) and ten years ago that wouldn’t have happened so we’ve come a long way.

The first time that being near to Coventry was a plus point ........

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

34 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

People going on like Everton are a much bigger pull. Come off it, been said a million times but Leicester have a plan to be sustainable and won’t go betting their future on spunking millions each window for success, Everton are. While FFP doesn’t really count this year, there is no way Everton have the revenue to spend what they are but their billionaire owner will support this. Their recruitment has been average to say that least.

Very true. And let’s face it, how many time in the last few years have Everton gone on mad spending sprees and the pundits have sat back and said “top six this year” and they flop. You can’t go and spend massive money straight away and expect it to work. Even Man City took several years of big spending to get to the level they are now. More established clubs like United, Chelsea, Arsenal etc, build foundations first and then spend big when they need to, but the basis of the team is already there. This could be us in a few years, not to their level, but we could most certainly be regular European competitors and push the places. 

This is why it is a important we carry on building like we are, steady improvements year on year building towards the bigger goal.

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

The problem with Everton’s transfer philosophy compared to ours is they sign big name players at their peak because they think they’re a big club. Walcott and sigurdsson spring to mind. If they are to sign Allan (29) James (29) and Doucoure (27) they’ll have spent up to £100 mill on players with little to no resale value. 

Whereas over the last few years we’ve bought Ndidi, Maddison and Tielemans for less, and if we were to sell them we’d double our money.

Nail on head. This also means they're always signing players who are taking a step down, as well. Often players who may have nothing to prove or think they're better than the club.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

That might have been the case previously but they now have a world class manager. If Everton can't make it work this season they never will.

World class manager but a third world stadium. Cannot believe they haven’t upgraded yet. Squandering all their money on players with little return. Our ground and now training ground has got to be attractive.we are looking to increase capacity. And recent track record promising. Look what Timmy has said and Martinez. Hopefully Rogers will keep walking the talk .🤞

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

That could be said for the past five season for Everton. trying to buy success and failing miserably . Always in the shadow of Liverpool and just a bang average side and club. So no they never will.

2 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

I would take James in a heartbeat.  Massive talent ready to blossom again under the right circumstances.

Respect to your opinion but I don't agree. We'll have to wait and see how he performs if he signs for Everton. Personally I wouldn't want us to sign him.

22 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

The problem with Everton’s transfer philosophy compared to ours is they sign big name players at their peak because they think they’re a big club. Walcott and sigurdsson spring to mind. If they are to sign Allan (29) James (29) and Doucoure (27) they’ll have spent up to £100 mill on players with little to no resale value. 

Whereas over the last few years we’ve bought Ndidi, Maddison and Tielemans for less, and if we were to sell them we’d double our money.

^ This. Although if we sold Ndidi or Maddison we'd probably quadruple our money. Not advocating selling them BTW.

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

Ah but we missed a spray of bullets with Sigurdsson:thumbup:

To be fair Sigurdsson had done well at his previous clubs and I wouldnt have been upset if we’d signed him although £40mill+ was ridiculous . Since he joined the football equivalent of a black hole his ability disappeared and his career is over together with any resale value 

29 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

On reflection I think so called big names will choose Everton over us and up and coming talent will choose us over Everton.

That's what the last few years show anyway.

I prefer our way of doing things especially as when we sign a name they often disappoint.

Ancelotti is a big pull for certain players. Our training ground will help us out in the immediate future as it will be seen as a big thing but we need to progress, top 4 last season would have made it feel like we were the go to club for players but not so much now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Foxes96 said:

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that each of those players will be sold for no less than £100m each.

4 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Everton once again throwing their aggs in the basket of signing a number of ageing players. If it doesn't come off they'll just continue to do what they've done for as far as I can remember - which is nothing.

ageing? not even 30 yet

Doucoure 27

Rodríguez just turned 29

Allan 29

Doucoure proven Prem quality

The last 2 have a lot of European experience, Rodriguez done well in Germany 14 goals 14 assists in 43, definitely upgrades to their first 11.

• Haha 1