Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

13 minutes ago, Cecchini1976 said:

Our starting 11 is amazing, it’s the squad that lets us down. 

If everyone’s fit and firing from last years best 11 then I’d say we are about 2 forwards/wingers from amazing. As In Leicester’s meaning of amazing not Barcelona’s. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Cecchini1976 said:

No? Best starting 11 we have had, was top 3 most of the season until injurys, suspensions and players out of form. Just my opinion anyway 

Not disputing any of that. Just disputing that the entire starting 11 are amazing.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Cecchini1976 said:

Our starting 11 is amazing, it’s the squad that lets us down. 

8/11 of our starting 11 were amazing last year, chilwell was substandard, lw and rw have room for improvement despite how promising barnes looks. The number of games where our bench wingers/strikers had to come on and win the game last year was poor, we still need a winger who can have an impact from the first minute. Still a lot of room for improvement that congerton has yet to provide 

Edited by honeybradger
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

8/11 of our starting 11 were amazing last year, chilwell was substandard, lw and rw have room for improvement despite how promising barnes looks. The number of games where our bench wingers/strikers had to come on and win the game last year was poor, we still need a winger who can have an impact from the first minute. Still a lot of room for improvement that congerton has yet to provide 

lol such disrespect for England’s first choice left back

5 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

I wanted to keep chilwell but there's no denying he was massively off it for a lot of this season.

Only time will tell on Chilwell. I think he will be successful but I don’t think he will be world class. I think his limit is a Wayne bridge/Leighton Baines standard of full back.

1 minute ago, les-tah said:

Only time will tell on Chilwell. I think he will be successful but I don’t think he will be world class. I think his limit is a Wayne bridge/Leighton Baines standard of full back.

I agree with this - Chilwell is a good top division left back and no more imo. Great ball carrier and surprisingly good in the air, but he can be vulnerable 1 on 1 and he his final ball is inconsistent. Capable of brilliance (see Watford goal), but his confidence desserts him at times....

I’d be happy to wish Ben all the best if we bring in the right replacements - Fofana fits the bill.

58 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

So I’m not talking in terms of Man City, I’m taking in terms of a leicester city starting 11 and last season only a few teams had a better 1 

11 minutes ago, Cecchini1976 said:

So I’m not talking in terms of Man City, I’m taking in terms of a leicester city starting 11 and last season only a few teams had a better 1 

Relative to man city only 3 of our starting 11 would be considered amazing and that would be soyuncu evans pereira. From a leicester perspective there was a big gap in quality between vardy, maddison, tielemans, ndidi, evans, soyuncu, pereira, schmeicel and chilwell, barnes and perez. Barnes is on his way to closing that gap but i dont think you could categorise his performance last year as 'amazing'. Until we get an proper rw of the same quality of the rest of our starting 11 there's still work to be done on improving it. Depending on how good castagne/thomas is there might still need to be an improvement made at lb as well.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Relative to man city only 3 of our starting 11 would be considered amazing and that would be soyuncu evans pereira. From a leicester perspective there was a big gap in quality between vardy, maddison, tielemans, ndidi, evans, soyuncu, pereira, schmeicel and chilwell, barnes and perez. Barnes is on his way to closing that gap but i dont think you could categorise his performance last year as 'amazing'. Until we get an proper rw of the same quality of the rest of our starting 11 there's still work to be done on improving it. Depending on how good castagne/thomas is there might still need to be an improvement made at lb as well.

You feeling ok?

Parts of that are almost positive. ;)

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Well my personal opinion is that our full strength starting 11 last season was amazing for leicester city, we usually have a net spend of about 35 million and we finished 5th due to loss of form, injurys and the whole pandemic thing. We had one miraculous season that we finished higher  🏆 . But if I look at our starting 11 last season compared to previous Leicester teams I would say it’s amazing. But the squad isn’t, otherwise we would have finished 3rd. I’m not sure what you expect, we have been rubbish for the vast majority of my lifetime and last season we challenged the big boys and still finished amongst them. Weather you liked Chilwell or not, he is a good player, and would walk in to most teams. If we had 2 amazing attacking wide men then we would have been one of the best teams in Europe, but we are leicester city, finished in the top 5 twice in like 60 years, normally we are in the championship or fighting relegation, so for me last seasons first 11 was amazing 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, honeybradger said:

I'd say 7/11.

Kasper is among the best keepers in the Premier League, apart from a few aberrations at the end of season.

Our first choice back 4 was comparable with any in the league.

N'Didi is the best DM in the league.

Vardy won the golden boot.

The remaining 4, Tielemans, Maddison, Barnes and Perez were inconsistent, but occasionally very good.

We lack depth. We have players who can come in and do a job, but no one who can come off the bench and change the game against the top sides. Gray and Iheanacho show the occasional moment of inspiration, but nothing we could guarantee.

• Like 4

I wonder if this comes off, the Social media Saga is an insight in to how long these deals take to close? 

My gut feel is that a deal was struck - handshake type thing or even a letter of intent - with this young man's advisors and now it's down to the clubs to agree the transfer fee. 

Remember, Chilwell has been a cert to leave since Feb/march but wasn't until late August the deal was actually closed

Edited by Paninistickers
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I wonder if this comes off, the Social media Saga is an insight in to how long these deals take to close? 

My gut feel is that a deal was struck - handshake type thing or even a letter of intent - with this young man's advisors and now it's down to the clubs to agree the transfer fee. 

Remember, Chilwell has been a cert to leave since Feb/march but wasn't until late August the deal was actually closed

That's what I thinks happened.

He has agreed in principle and is waiting for the clubs to sort it out. 

4 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

That's what I thinks happened.

He has agreed in principle and is waiting for the clubs to sort it out. 

Which would suggest the Milan link is something circulated by st Etienne l, rather than the player, in order to drive up the price

Remember we did Stoke a favour once - when doing the Huth deal - by putting in a rogue bid for Nzonzi who'd clearly already agreed to go to Seville

Edited by Paninistickers
  • Like 1