Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The Worst Leicester City XI of the Premier League Era

Dennis wise, Dennis Wise and Dennis Wise. So shit he gets three accolades even though he wasn't PL. Mind you the very worst I couldn't care less performance was Chilwell in the Millwall FA cup defeat. 

Edited by Bazly
  • Like 3

Surprised only @Burleighfox mentioned Keown.

Partly because he was an animal for years of my youth and I thought he’d be great, but he was lazy and rubbish for us. Definitely worse than Mills, who was just a shit decision maker rather than an awful player…

Edited by Oxfordfox83
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Who was the striker we brought back with us from pre season that no one is really sure if he existed?

Leon Crncic - Still only 31 astonishingly.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leon_Črnčič

He’s listed as a midfielder on Wiki, but swear we brought him in as a striker.

Edited by when_you're_smiling
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Hamilton Fox said:

You could stick most of the players that played under Levein in this team, the football was so bad I’ve forgotten most of their names.

Yes, that would be the time I was back living in Leicester and had my season ticket. So many poor players and performances, I really have forgotten a lot of it! 

However, it does put our current problems into perspective... the bashing Perez gets on here, and not a single mention?

• Like 1

On 14/05/2020 at 21:30, South Shire Fox said:

Id go for:

Kevin Pressman

Alan Maybury

Alex Bruce

Moreno

Alan Rogers/Ryan Mcgivern/Jamie Clapham (cant decide who was worse)

Josh Low

Junior Lewis

Radostin Kishishev

Shaun Newton

Trevor Benjamin

Elvis Hammond

Was getting concerned it was only me who recalls Maybury as one of the worst ever. As fast as thick custard.

• Haha 1

Tommy Wright (mk2) was poor. 

I do think a fairer judgment would require minimum appearances. 

Lewis and Marshall stand out because they played so frequently. Likewise Simon Royce. 

Akinbiyi was incredibly limited but an absolute trier. He had the misfortune of costing to much and being expected to replace Heskey. What made things worse was that he ended up being pitied rather than hated. His confidence was so shot that it was almost cruel to play him. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, breaker7 said:

Was getting concerned it was only me who recalls Maybury as one of the worst ever. As fast as thick custard.

Maybury was proper dog shit…. We’ve had so many shocking players at the club 😂 Eric Nils Johansson was pretty wank, apart from THAT goal that spared us for one season……

• Like 1

22 hours ago, bovril said:

Hamill was horrendous. I remember one game away at Shef Wednesday that was particularly painful. 

I was there. One of Fryatt's first games if I recall... I remember everyone thinking he was rapid, which was probably a sign of how little pace there was in that side. 

Whole end cheered when Hamill was subbed, and De Vries missed from 3 yards in injury time for what would have been a totally undeserved equaliser. Great times. Levein out.

I saw a few James Pearson performances which resembled what it might look like if you just took an average bloke from your local 5 a side centre and asked him to play right back in a top level football match. 

Rabbit in the headlights. 

Edited by sheffield_fox