Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Twitter Transfer Rumours

Just now, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

Because Wolves are signing someone we've barely been linked with? 

No, because of the rumours that there has been a fall out, between Rodgers and Rudkin and the complete lack of transfer activity when we’re about to prepare for probably the most difficult season we’ve faced in the top flight.

• Like 1

Something is not right. Maybe they'll turn it round by the end of the window, but if nothing else it is very odd how little business we've done so far and how so many players that you'd expect us to be interested in are going to other clubs without a mention of us. I know that doesn't mean we weren't interested, but the silence is deafening at the minute.

So many of the reports linking us with players mention only our interest or our intent to lodge a bid in a week. Again, that's only media talk, but I get the feeling we are having to hold off for some reason. Can we only buy once some of the deadwood like Silva and Slimani are gone? Are we really that hard up? Why are clubs like Newcastle, Everton, Villa, Wolves etc not in the same boat?

Look telles would not come to us so let's not worry about it. 

Castagne is very highly rated and will solve our full back problems for now.

I'm pretty sure we'll have at least 2 quality additions by the end of the window but I'm not looking forward to West Bromwich on Sunday I just can't see us being ready for that game.

Telles to Wolves would very much piss me off.

Trying to be reasonable and understanding during this window but if a club of similar size and similar aspirations have the contacts to pull off a deal like that, we should be doing the same. And if we can’t because those trying to do the deals for us do not have the necessary contacts to make that sort of deal happen, they should leave. 

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

No, because of the rumours that there has been a fall out, between Rodgers and Rudkin and the complete lack of transfer activity when we’re about to prepare for probably the most difficult season we’ve faced in the top flight.

I wonder if that's why the club wanted to show some lovey dovey between BR & Rudders in the dugout at the weekend. All smiles...

1 minute ago, The People's Hero said:

Not sure we were ever in for Telles. Super player. 

We might still sign a left back 👍

Were heavily linked with him last season but nothing since the season finished. I'm surprised we didn't go for Lewis if we still are considering a left back, not that I'm fussed we didn't.

I hope i'm wrong but we are going to be horribly ill prepared for these opening few league games and we'll regret it.

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Were heavily linked with him last season but nothing since the season finished. I'm surprised we didn't go for Lewis if we still are considering a left back, not that I'm fussed we didn't.

I hope i'm wrong but we are going to be horribly ill prepared for these opening few league games and we'll regret it.

Yeah. Evans hasn’t even been playing for NI. I know suspended for us but the knock may mean now not training and not fit to go. and there is also a bit of unrest so yeah

the fact Benko seems behind DJ seems

ridiculous given everything that make sense in the world and the fact that we will likely need one of them to play some part. 

we will probably have KS or WN leave on the eve of the season. Just feels like something like that will happen. 

Ryan Bennett hurriedly rushed in the door too! 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

If our director of football cannot attract deals like this. The job has outgrown him. That’s not a criticism, it’s just progression. We can’t be aiming for the same players West Ham and Newcastle are signing we need to be picking up players Wolves and Everton are signing as coups because they’re our immediate competitors. Spurs went through something similar a few seasons ago when they changed a few DOF’s because they needed to attract a different calibre of player. 

• Like 3

Just now, Mickyblueeyes said:

If our director of football cannot attract deals like this. The job has outgrown him. That’s not a criticism, it’s just progression. We can’t be aiming for the same players West Ham and Newcastle are signing we need to be picking up players Wolves and Everton are signing as coups because they’re our immediate competitors. Spurs went through something similar a few seasons ago when they changed a few DOF’s because they needed to attract a different calibre of player. 

I absolutely agree with you! And it would not surprise me if Rudkin is gone before long. But it is my understanding that the owners and Rudkin are very, very close, so personally I don’t think he could ever do wrong. I do think he has outstayed his welcome, and it wouldn’t surprise me if Rodgers wants him gone. 

2 minutes ago, escape2victory said:

We have 4 games, West Brom, Burnley, Man City and Villa before the window closes. Our squad currently is good enough to get 3 wins out of 4 in those. Let’s not panic and just trust the club that new additions in the right areas at the right price will arrive, and if that’s not until 5th October then so be it.

Yes our squad is thin in certain areas (CB) and needs upgrading in other areas (wingers), but I think we are a bit harsh on our squad depth. Squad players like Iheanacho, Gray, Praet, Choudhury, Justin would walk into most mid/lower prem teams starting 11

We didn’t beat Burnley with our first team last season. We will be missing at least 3 of the first team players from that day I think.

Choudhury, Justin and Gray probably wouldn’t walk into any bottom half team.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm guessing the player might just not have wanted to come to us. That's even if we were interested at all, in any way. Has there ever been a reliable link to him? Or was it just our wishful thinking? 

Maybe the plan (for him and his agent) was always to go to Wolves when he was leaving Porto because or the Portugal links. 

As crap as it would be to see Wolves strengthen on the cheap I don't think we should get too upset on losing out on something we never had, never could have had and someone we may never have looked at getting anyway :dunno:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, escape2victory said:

We have 4 games, West Brom, Burnley, Man City and Villa before the window closes. Our squad currently is good enough to get 3 wins out of 4 in those. Let’s not panic and just trust the club that new additions in the right areas at the right price will arrive, and if that’s not until 5th October then so be it.

Yes our squad is thin in certain areas (CB) and needs upgrading in other areas (wingers), but I think we are a bit harsh on our squad depth. Squad players like Iheanacho, Gray, Praet, Choudhury, Justin would walk into most mid/lower prem teams starting 11

Like escaping too the countryside reading your positive post. Well round and I wholeheartedly agree. By Jove well done son. 🤙🤞

Just now, StanSP said:

I'm guessing the player might just not have wanted to come to us. That's even if we were interested at all, in any way. Has there ever been a reliable link to him? Or was it just our wishful thinking? 

Maybe the plan (for him and his agent) was always to go to Wolves when he was leaving Porto because or the Portugal links. 

As crap as it would be to see Wolves strengthen on the cheap I don't think we should get too upset on losing out on something we never had, never could have had and someone we may never have looked at getting anyway :dunno:

Absolutely this!

People seem to forget the city of Leicester is hardly an attractive place to come over London, Manchester, Liverpool. I know people will say we are on an similar size club to Wolves but Mendes and his Portugal cronies at Wolves would trump us everytime.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Yes going too a wholehearted Portuguese club would make sense for him.

2 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

We didn’t beat Burnley with our first team last season. We will be missing at least 3 of the first team players from that day I think.

Even if we spent £100m between now and playing Burnley, it doesn’t guarantee us winning. I’m sure the club will be negotiating with lots of clubs at the moment, but it’s difficult to complete deals.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Absolutely this!

People seem to forget the city of Leicester is hardly an attractive place to come over London, Manchester, Liverpool. I know people will say we are on an similar size club to Wolves but Mendes and his Portugal cronies at Wolves would trump us everytime.

The question is then, why are we not setting up similar links ? Not specifically with Mendes but other major players in the game. 

5 minutes ago, escape2victory said:

It’s silly to assume this in my opinion. Particularly considering our end to last season. At the moment I’d say we’re not in very good shape at all going into the new season, and West Brom away could be a potentially bad start, newly promoted teams usually start with a bit of enthusiasm, as we found when we lost to Hull a few seasons back. At this stage I’m not particularly confident Sunday will be a smooth as some people think. 

28 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

"Rumours" from who, from where? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Choudhury and gray and Justin rated very highly by the England set up . 🤙

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

It’s silly to assume this in my opinion. Particularly considering our end to last season. At the moment I’d say we’re not in very good shape at all going into the new season, and West Brom away could be a potentially bad start, newly promoted teams usually start with a bit of enthusiasm, as we found when we lost to Hull a few seasons back. At this stage I’m not particularly confident Sunday will be a smooth as some people think. 

Or as bad as you seem too think . Vardy Barnes Gray Perez will frighten them. 😉