Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Twitter Transfer Rumours

Twitter Thread goes hot, take a look.

Just a bunch of pre-pubescents wetting their knickers because we never signed ever player other team may or may not sign. :rolleyes:

There is ages to go before the window shuts, it is constantly reported that the last week is the busiest.

Telles was never ever going to happen for so many reasons.

All the perfectly reasonable arguments about “deals take time” and “we don’t want to sign for the sake of it etc” are true as ever. But we’ve just come off an end of season that illustrates as clearly as anything that the squad lacks depth - and we are 5 days away from starting a season in which we will play far more games in a far more compressed space of time - it is definitely a big cause for concern. 

29 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Something is not right. Maybe they'll turn it round by the end of the window, but if nothing else it is very odd how little business we've done so far and how so many players that you'd expect us to be interested in are going to other clubs without a mention of us. I know that doesn't mean we weren't interested, but the silence is deafening at the minute.

So many of the reports linking us with players mention only our interest or our intent to lodge a bid in a week. Again, that's only media talk, but I get the feeling we are having to hold off for some reason. Can we only buy once some of the deadwood like Silva and Slimani are gone? Are we really that hard up? Why are clubs like Newcastle, Everton, Villa, Wolves etc not in the same boat?

Why is it odd when so many others are doing little business or buying players that wouldn't really improve us much anyway?

Everton are bankrolled by billionaires through naming rights and other nonsense to get around FFP. We aren't. 

Wolves have an agent in charge who is essentially forcing clients their way. We don't have that. 

Newcastle have signed three relegated players that probably wouldn't get in our starting 11. 

Who have Villa signed? Cash? Wow. They are also newly promoted which usually means you always have a few years of large outlay, as you have a lot of free cash flow. 

We had one of the highest wage to turnover ratios in the league, we've invested massively in off the field infrastructure. There is nothing "not right" about that having some impact on cash flow. It's been a choice to go that way, one made a tad harder by current circumstances. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Absolutely this!

People seem to forget the city of Leicester is hardly an attractive place to come over London, Manchester, Liverpool. I know people will say we are on an similar size club to Wolves but Mendes and his Portugal cronies at Wolves would trump us everytime.

Players don't have to pitch up within the boundaries of the city centre when they sign.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

It’s silly to assume this in my opinion. Particularly considering our end to last season. At the moment I’d say we’re not in very good shape at all going into the new season, and West Brom away could be a potentially bad start, newly promoted teams usually start with a bit of enthusiasm, as we found when we lost to Hull a few seasons back. At this stage I’m not particularly confident Sunday will be a smooth as some people think. 

Oh absolutely not saying it will be easy and we could easily lose. In an ideal world of course we would want our transfer targets bedded in before 1st game, that’s not always possible though especially in this market. Let’s assume the club have Tarkowski and Fofana as CB targets A and B. I’d rather we wait and get either these at the right price rather than panic buying on target C paying way over the odds. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, escape2victory said:

Oh absolutely not saying it will be easy and we could easily lose. In an ideal world of course we would want our transfer targets bedded in before 1st game, that’s not always possible though especially in this market. Let’s assume the club have Tarkowski and Fofana as CB targets A and B. I’d rather we wait and get either these at the right price rather than panic buying on target C paying way over the odds. 

I agree with you but I would counter that in saying that how much did 3 or 4 points cost us last season?

If we bodge up on 9 potential points due to lack of defensive cover because we wanted to save for eg 10m then it's not worth it is it?

We lost out on champions league due to a thin squad. Next season a few points could mean the difference between survival and relegation or making Europa League again.

In other words we're desperate for defensive reinforcements.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

We're starting to look pretty amateur here. There's only so many times we can get lucky with youth/surprises a la Soyuncu. 

I don't think I've ever looked forward to a season less.

This is how I feel I couldn’t wait for it to over last season and now I don’t want it to start. What ever the excuse it’s embarrassing especially when there’s some decent players going at good prices.

Edited by dannythefox

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

We're starting to look pretty amateur here. There's only so many times we can get lucky with youth/surprises a la Soyuncu. 

For most of last season we looked on par with the likes of Chelsea.. after their transfer window (compared to ours), we're now light years away from them again!

Prepare yourselves for a very mediocre/disappointing season everyone.

Edited by weller54
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Exactly this. People hung up on Mendes. It has nothing to do with Mendes. His arrangement is just one of many innovative ways clubs get ahead to narrow the gap of their richer competitors. Monchi set up a fantastic set of links at Sevilla. Celtic have set up links with Man City and PSG and picked up some good players for them. What I’m saying is we are not being innovative enough. 

Wolves haven’t sold anybody despite their players being linked. Neves, Adama, Jimenez etc. Would all significantly improve a traditional top 6 but these players, summer after summer choose to stay with their club. Us on the other hand have sold a Mahrez, Maguire and Chilwell for a fortune and realistically have not replaced even one of them. Are we doing enough to find alternative ways to get around the barrier ? It’s a genuine question given we are about to go into the first game of the new season hoping our 37 year old legendary captain is fit to start. Ridiculous considering that we have a manager expected to compete with 8 other teams in the league who all have either better squads then us or squads which have been added to this summer. 

If our DOF cannot attract the player to keep us up there, questions need to be asked. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, escape2victory said:

Even if we spent £100m between now and playing Burnley, it doesn’t guarantee us winning. I’m sure the club will be negotiating with lots of clubs at the moment, but it’s difficult to complete deals.

Of course it doesn’t, I didn’t say it did.

The point I was making is at this point in time the starting 11 could be weaker than one that didn’t win at Burnley last season.

1 minute ago, chapero82 said:

We’ve had Lee Cattermole is better than Cambiasso and this the one that leaves you speechless 

Funnest thing Ive read all morning - Bravo.:D

That said, you are very wrong about how the club is managed - in my opinion

• Like 1