Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Twitter Transfer Rumours

6 minutes ago, SO1 said:

If we're going to spend 20mil can't we get Benrahma to play midfield and attack?

Yeah that would be a much better use of the money.

McGregor is a good player, and I think would be a good addition. But as others have said if we are keeping Praet then we don't need him. We also just had Mendy sign up again for another 3 years too! Not a bad player, just not needed.

Anyway the REAL test of this thread is how much of an ITK @Muzzy_Larsson is? Will you join the legendary ranks of Big Daddy and Ashley, or will you be another Lineker's Apples!? The forum collectively holds it's breath to find out!

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

McGregor is a good player, and I think would be a good addition. But as others have said if we are keeping Praet then we don't need him. We also just had Mendy sign up again for another 3 years too! Not a bad player, just not needed.

Anyway the REAL test of this thread is how much of an ITK @Muzzy_Larsson is? Will you join the legendary ranks of Big Daddy and Ashley, or will you be another Lineker's Apples!? The forum collectively holds it's breath to find out!

Unfair on the apples !

Edited by st albans fox
  • Haha 1

I’ve always been well impressed with McGregor... he’s versatile in terms of players lots of different roles in the middle of the park and he’s always looked a damn good player to me. £20m is a bargain for him also and we’re crying out for better squad depth.

I’m sure (we better be) we are looking at other targets as well.

13 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Was it not Lineker's_Lugs or something like that who was supposedly ITK in the 2019 summer window? Sarr, who ended up at Watford, was one of his predictions. He disappeared as the window closed, never to be heard from again.

35 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

We don't play 'CAMs', whatever they are supposed to be (can we stop this FIFA positioning shite). We play two no.8s in a 4-3-3, Perez can't play that position. Dewsbury-Hall is not ready.

Ahah soz mate was just grouped it that’s way to simplify it. Yeh I agree we generally play with 2 8s in Maddison and Tielemans. But then we also have Praet who’s slightly less attacking than Tielemans, and Choudhury who’s a different sort of 8 more box to box breaking up play like Henderson. Mendy is most similar to Wilf in a holding role. And tbh I’ve not seen enough of KDH but seems more like Praet, as a classic number 8 who can do it all. I know Maddison doesn’t want to be seen as just a 10/ CAM or whatever terminology we want to use, but he is a slightly more attacking 8 who can also play as a 10 - not sure I’d trust him as an 8 in a 2 in midfield.

Imo KDH is good enough as 4/5th choice or whatever he’d be and would also count as one of the club trained players for UEFA. And Perez probably can’t play as an 8 in a 4-3-3, but could play as a 10 in a 4-2-3-1 set up if we so desired. Just highlighting how McGregor isn’t really a priority - as long as Praet stays that is :P

5 minutes ago, Plastik Man said:

Was it not Lineker's_Lugs or something like that who was supposedly ITK in the 2019 summer window? Sarr, who ended up at Watford, was one of his predictions. He disappeared as the window closed, never to be heard from again.

He kept saying that signings were imminent and none materialised. Praet eventually did happen, but not when he said he would. He was essentially trolling the whole forum for the whole summer.

I've got nothing against him, but when you are claiming ITK knowledge, you've got to follow through! Fair play to the lad who called Tielemans and then had his father (Big Daddy) provide the picture of him on the flight, that was absolutely epic!

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

He kept saying that signings were imminent and none materialised. Praet eventually did happen, but not when he said he would. He was essentially trolling the whole forum for the whole summer.

I've got nothing against him, but when you are claiming ITK knowledge, you've got to follow through! Fair play to the lad who called Tielemans and then had his father (Big Daddy) provide the picture of him on the flight, that was absolutely epic!

LinekerApples even got Praet wrong as he said our move was to push Milan into selling us Suso so they could get a clear run at Praet. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

That wasn’t ITK though ......his old man just happened to be on the same flight sat behind YT 

I got the impression that apples was involved with the medical side of things (indirectly).....maybe he went quiet this season cos he was messaging Sean ..........

45 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

We manage to keep four CBs, four wingers, four full-backs happy. It's two players per position if you want to compete on four fronts. For me it's the third most important area behind the CB and RW.

Completely agree with @jeffschlupp. BR has always said that if anything he overloads in CM.  Of course he’s wanted another 8 this season! 
I don’t know either well enough to have a preference but McGregor & Buendia will both be on our radar.

I've saw quite alot of him and I really rate him. In my opinion, he is a definate upgrade on Praet and would suit our style of play more BUT like others have said, CM is just so far down the list of priorities that it seems a strange move. 

The only thing I can think of is that Praet is making noise to leave and we are simply replacing him which I agree with rather than upgrading a position that doesn't really need it but if we end up paying £20m for him and still don't get a winger then this place is gonna fuching explode. 

• Like 1