Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Twitter Transfer Rumours

Just now, AjcW said:

Ahhh this is cute.... nostalgia.... Rudkin bashing.... the good old days

Whenever I slated Rudkin previously a decent transfer appeared out of nowhere. Therefore, Jon you're a disgrace and you need to get your thumb out of your harris, you are playing with blokes livelihoods.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Define “might not be enough”?

Im sure the club are following this route knowing very well it has potential pitfalls. But there aren’t many other options are there? 

They aren’t putting money in, so it’s our only route. A route that includes decades of growth on and off the field to accomplish. 

I’d rather we didn’t sell our soul to an agent and be at his mercy. So what are the options?

Well that is the question up for debate. With the growth plans and the exceptional infrastructure being put in the place. You have to ask is what worked well previously still good enough for the club from a recruitment perspective. Take for example Newcastle's business. Great for them but not one of those players would in my opinion improve us. Had we wanted any of those players, I am very confident that we would be their first pick. But we dont and we shouldnt. Therefore, how do we complete with the "big boys". I mean its fairly obvious that we are shopping in a different market now. Linked with guys like Demiral and Berghuis (before he went Spurs). Which is right but do we have enough "pull" as a club to do that. Look we are not going to overnight make Leicester one of the go to European cities  nor are we going to create a history to compete with those traditionally bigger clubs. Therefore, you're reliant on who you know rather then what you know. The question is do our club reps have the contacts to get "in the ear" of such players that we are now trying to attract now. 

What I am saying is, has this club got to a stage now where the DOF role from an acquiring perspective needs assistance of someone "higher up" in the food change. Therefore, should our next major off-field investment be an attempt to get a sporting director/director of football of real calibre and contacts in the game. I mean Spurs have continually done that and opened up various avenues. I think Man City went from Marwood to Tixxi. Now, just before anyone jumps on me, I am not saying we can attract that sort of "deal maker" but there is no reason why, for example, we cannot tap into the knowledge of someone doing very well at a Sevilla, Roma or Marseille. Thereafter we still continue to benefit from our exceptional unearthed gems recruitment but could perhaps corner a specific market (european/south american etc.) where a good, well connected DOF has contacts. It adds another string to our bow. Say Germany or Italy or Spain for example. 

By the way, I agree with you that I would not want to be the pet project of an agent like Mendes but Wolves are private equity and that relationship opens up a market for them. That is all I am saying is that do we need to be a bit more creativity off the field to open up another avenue for signings. 

22 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Wolves have Jonny, Marcal and Vinagre for their left hand side. Evan if Vinagre goes (I appreciate Jonny is injured atm) I cant see them signing Telles. Hope I’m right!

Jonny is out with an acl and won’t be back until like the end of the year. And there are rumours of vinagre leaving. And although marcal is naturally a left back he has been converted to a centre back and I reckon he’s been signed as a replacement/cover for saiss.

5 minutes ago, Harry96 said:

Jonny is out with an acl and won’t be back until like the end of the year. And there are rumours of vinagre leaving. And although marcal is naturally a left back he has been converted to a centre back and I reckon he’s been signed as a replacement/cover for saiss.

Fair enough. My point is, I fvcking hope Wolves don’t sign Telles 😂🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

And....back to earth with a bump.

There's plenty of deals being done though, we aren't asking for the earth just a few players we badly need. It'll happen just would like it to be before the season started and to grab some points from 2 very easy opening games.

If congerton was aloud a free reign we would end up similar to Everton p*ssing money on transfers for older players. Rudkin at leasts puts a tight grip on transfers and even gets moneys back for players through resales. Heck we even broke even in Musa, and looking to offload deadwood like silva and slimani. I'm there are differnces of opinion between managers/DOFs etc. But in rudders we trust. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, FOXYTALK said:

If congerton was aloud a free reign we would end up similar to Everton p*ssing money on transfers for older players. Rudkin at leasts puts a tight grip on transfers and even gets moneys back for players through resales. Heck we even broke even in Musa, and looking to offload deadwood like silva and slimani. I'm there are differnces of opinion between managers/DOFs etc. But in rudders we trust. 

on what evidence do you base that first sentence? and please dont use sunderland as an example. while he may have been part of the recruitment team he certainly didn't rubber stamp anything. there were people above him that had the final say. 

the congerton bashing is ridiculous. 

Edited by JJS84
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...we have only just signed him....the option was there for Telles, he did not just become available overnight!!!

Only just signed him, six days after we signed Chilwell. 

Perhaps they won't want Telles?

Perhaps the package costs too much?

Perhaps they wouldn't do a deal because a certain well known agent didn't want us to?

Perhaps he's not even going Wolves?

It's not FIFA. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, FOXYTALK said:

I think we actually somehow profited on Musa 🤔 could be wrong..

3 hours ago, Adster said:

Absolute garbage being spouted on here. FT really is full of some fvcking morons, isn't it? 

Just because we haven't gone all FM and signed tonnes of players, the WHOLE club is ran like a championship club? lol Jesus fvcking christ what a bunch of children. 

Is there really any need to go around with the insults??? Disagree with an opinion is fine but to go around calling people morons etc is absolutely uncalled for!!!! 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, talking_goldfish said:

Fourth Official tweeting that Wolves have agreed a fee with Porto for Telles...

pretty sure someone like Vineagre is on the way out of Wolves so it wouldnt surpirse me they are going for Telles

Wolves look to be doing so incredibly good business this window imo

Edited by FrankieADZ

5 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

Is there really any need to go around with the insults??? Disagree with an opinion is fine but to go around calling people morons etc is absolutely uncalled for!!!! 

Yes. Because the opinions are quite frankly stupid and without any evidence or knowledge of the inner runnings of the club. 

You do you, I'll do me. 

• Like 2