Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Twitter Transfer Rumours

I think the reaction is more to do with the fact that we've won about 4 in our last 19 games (or something silly like that I've wiped the end of last season from my memory), yet we've only swapped our LB for a similar standard one, with no other changes. I'm not panicing, but it's worrying that we're going into the season with the same squad that we finished it with, especially when we've got injuries to Evans (who has had no pre season minutes), an injured Wes Morgan and an injured or unfancied Benkovic. If we get off to a bad start and lose the first two it doesn't bode well for the season, they could be vital points in helping us secure mid table and focus on EL.

Like people have said though, there's a month left, so I'm sure we will get new players in, but I just hope we don't get off to a bad start, that's my only fear.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Can’t see Telles going to Wolves. They have just bought Marcal and have Vinagre for their left hand side.

Telles to United imo more than likely....🙄

Vinagre is off to Porto, which makes a lot of people think that Telles is coming the other way

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

We didn’t beat Burnley with our first team last season. We will be missing at least 3 of the first team players from that day I think.

Choudhury, Justin and Gray probably wouldn’t walk into any bottom half team.

Rumours of interest in Gray from Spurs and Justin training with England seniors suggest they are at least at that level.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Why is it odd when so many others are doing little business or buying players that wouldn't really improve us much anyway?

Everton are bankrolled by billionaires through naming rights and other nonsense to get around FFP. We aren't. 

Wolves have an agent in charge who is essentially forcing clients their way. We don't have that. 

Newcastle have signed three relegated players that probably wouldn't get in our starting 11. 

Who have Villa signed? Cash? Wow. They are also newly promoted which usually means you always have a few years of large outlay, as you have a lot of free cash flow. 

We had one of the highest wage to turnover ratios in the league, we've invested massively in off the field infrastructure. There is nothing "not right" about that having some impact on cash flow. It's been a choice to go that way, one made a tad harder by current circumstances. 

Everton's revenue is barely more than ours, this myth they are very creative with sponsors and other commercial deals isn't strictly true.

• Like 1

So we're five days from the start of the new season and we've so far conspired to make our squad worse..even though we've been relegation calibre this entire calendar year.

If we lose Vardy to a prolonged injury we could be in desperate trouble IMO.

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Exactly this. People hung up on Mendes. It has nothing to do with Mendes. His arrangement is just one of many innovative ways clubs get ahead to narrow the gap of their richer competitors. Monchi set up a fantastic set of links at Sevilla. Celtic have set up links with Man City and PSG and picked up some good players for them. What I’m saying is we are not being innovative enough. 

Wolves haven’t sold anybody despite their players being linked. Neves, Adama, Jimenez etc. Would all significantly improve a traditional top 6 but these players, summer after summer choose to stay with their club. Us on the other hand have sold a Mahrez, Maguire and Chilwell for a fortune and realistically have not replaced even one of them. Are we doing enough to find alternative ways to get around the barrier ? It’s a genuine question given we are about to go into the first game of the new season hoping our 37 year old legendary captain is fit to start. Ridiculous considering that we have a manager expected to compete with 8 other teams in the league who all have either better squads then us or squads which have been added to this summer. 

If our DOF cannot attract the player to keep us up there, questions need to be asked. 

Spot on 

4 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

So we're five days from the start of the new season and we've so far conspired to make our squad worse..even though we've been relegation calibre this entire calendar year.

If we lose Vardy to a prolonged injury we could be in desperate trouble IMO.

We might even improve if Vardy wasn't playing.

Edited by Grebfromgrebland
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Merchant_Banker said:

Rumours of interest in Gray from Spurs and Justin training with England seniors suggest they are at least at that level.

If you think Dimi Gray is at that level then I’ll leave that up to you. I’ve also seen under 18’s train with the full team before so take that with a pinch of salt.

I like Justin, I just don’t think he walks into 10 other premier league sides.

Exactly this. People hung up on Mendes. It has nothing to do with Mendes. His arrangement is just one of many innovative ways clubs get ahead to narrow the gap of their richer competitors. Monchi set up a fantastic set of links at Sevilla. Celtic have set up links with Man City and PSG and picked up some good players for them. What I’m saying is we are not being innovative enough. 

If only we had a scouting department the envy of most of the league, who could spot untapped talent that big clubs then want. Errrrm. 

Wolves haven’t sold anybody despite their players being linked. Neves, Adama, Jimenez etc. Would all significantly improve a traditional top 6 but these players, summer after summer choose to stay with their club.

Other than the bloke they sold to Spurs obviously. Linked in the papers is also not bid on is it. They haven't chosen to stay anywhere if a bid was never made. Their players also aren't as desirable, they haven't won the league and they haven't finished 5th and they mostly aren't English. 

Us on the other hand have sold a Mahrez, Maguire and Chilwell for a fortune and realistically have not replaced even one of them.

What? lol

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Everton's revenue is barely more than ours, this myth they are very creative with sponsors and other commercial deals isn't strictly true.

Did you miss the part where Usmanov has recently given them £200m for the naming rights to their new stadium?

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Haha yes I must have 😂

On top of that they made a LOSS of £111.9m million in their 2019 accounts

Moshiri gave them £80m interest-free loan. 

Plus USM signed a deal for shirt sponsorship and training ground naming worth a total of £75m over the next five years.

We get about £3.50 for out naming rights in comparison. 

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

We're starting to look pretty amateur here. There's only so many times we can get lucky with youth/surprises a la Soyuncu. 

I don't think I've ever looked forward to a season less.

I don't think you can accuse the club of being lucky for scouting and recruiting a player a year advance to replace a player who's sold

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Babylon said:

On top of that they made a LOSS of £111.9m million in their 2019 accounts

Moshiri gave them £80m interest-free loan. 

Plus USM signed a deal for shirt sponsorship and training ground naming worth a total of £75m over the next five years.

We get about £3.50 for out naming rights in comparison. 

The interest free loan won't help them necessarily with FFP but those recent sponsorship deals are a way around it now, I think? Does seem a little suspect though, I'm surprised this loophole hasn't been made much harder. 

22 minutes ago, Babylon said:

If only we had a scouting department the envy of most of the league, who could spot untapped talent that big clubs then want. Errrrm. 

Other than the bloke they sold to Spurs obviously. Linked in the papers is also not bid on is it. They haven't chosen to stay anywhere if a bid was never made. Their players also aren't as desirable, they haven't won the league and they haven't finished 5th and they mostly aren't English. 

What? lol

Ok, just to be clear. This isn’t a criticism on the DOF just for the sake of criticism. As you move up the football ladder, the standard of players which you need to either stay there or improve on your position becomes slightly more constrained. It’s the way of life. To attract a good FD for a a company with a turnover of say £2million is easier then for a company who have a turnover of say £500m. This is because the calibre of person you need to be acquiring is probably very sought after by bigger companies with more resources.

What I am saying is being reliant on what is a fantastic recruitment team and a business plan which in the long run will make us self sufficient (which is an excellent plan) may not be enough for us. It’s all well and good turning around and pretending you understand what is being said and seeing it as a “knee-jerk” but this club has grown beyond most of our expectations. Buying say a mid to lower level centre back should not (and is quite clearly not) the clubs ambitions. Therefore, the targets we are competing for (as the Castagne signing showed) are those which bigger clubs then ours are also going for. The question is, are we being innovative enough to bridge that gap. That’s all my post was. As a club we should be asking those questions of everyone and not just standing still. It may be that we are but is there any fault it continually questioning how we approach our progression ?

7 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Ok, just to be clear. This isn’t a criticism on the DOF just for the sake of criticism. As you move up the football ladder, the standard of players which you need to either stay there or improve on your position becomes slightly more constrained. It’s the way of life. To attract a good FD for a a company with a turnover of say £2million is easier then for a company who have a turnover of say £500m. This is because the calibre of person you need to be acquiring is probably very sought after by bigger companies with more resources.

What I am saying is being reliant on what is a fantastic recruitment team and a business plan which in the long run will make us self sufficient (which is an excellent plan) may not be enough for us. It’s all well and good turning around and pretending you understand what is being said and seeing it as a “knee-jerk” but this club has grown beyond most of our expectations. Buying say a mid to lower level centre back should not (and is quite clearly not) the clubs ambitions. Therefore, the targets we are competing for (as the Castagne signing showed) are those which bigger clubs then ours are also going for. The question is, are we being innovative enough to bridge that gap. That’s all my post was. As a club we should be asking those questions of everyone and not just standing still. It may be that we are but is there any fault it continually questioning how we approach our progression ?

Define “might not be enough”?

Im sure the club are following this route knowing very well it has potential pitfalls. But there aren’t many other options are there? 

They aren’t putting money in, so it’s our only route. A route that includes decades of growth on and off the field to accomplish. 

I’d rather we didn’t sell our soul to an agent and be at his mercy. So what are the options?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Wolves haven’t sold anybody despite their players being linked. Neves, Adama, Jimenez etc. Would all significantly improve a traditional top 6 but these players, summer after summer choose to stay with their club. Us on the other hand have sold a Mahrez, Maguire and Chilwell for a fortune and realistically have not replaced even one of them. Are we doing enough to find alternative ways to get around the barrier ? It’s a genuine question given we are about to go into the first game of the new season hoping our 37 year old legendary captain is fit to start. Ridiculous considering that we have a manager expected to compete with 8 other teams in the league who all have either better squads then us or squads which have been added to this summer. 

If our DOF cannot attract the player to keep us up there, questions need to be asked. 

They sold Matt Doherty to Tottenham 

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Vinagre is off to Porto, which makes a lot of people think that Telles is coming the other way

Wolves have Jonny, Marcal and Vinagre for their left hand side. Evan if Vinagre goes (I appreciate Jonny is injured atm) I cant see them signing Telles. Hope I’m right!