Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Twitter Transfer Rumours

10 minutes ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Not normally one to panic but the lack of new players and quotes from well reputed sources is worrying.

I am going to say now that I doubt we have another new face in for Sunday now.

I think that's a fair assumption but was always unrealistic anyone would be able to walk right into the first team in any case. I'm not panicking yet! 

13 minutes ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Not normally one to panic but the lack of new players and quotes from well reputed sources is worrying.

Even if signed someone today, I think they would have come off the bench at best on Sunday. Rodgers already mentioned last week he didn't think we'd have anyone in before WBA but was confident on transfers coming in. That sounds about right to me as the window is open for quite a while yet. As is always the case, the last week will be the most frantic. 

2 minutes ago, Silva Fox said:

I think that's a fair assumption but was always unrealistic anyone would be able to walk right into the first team in any case. I'm not panicking yet! 

Yeah, especially with a good number of players on international duty. It was always going to be a weird window; it's hard to gauge. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

Even if signed someone today, I think they would have come off the bench at best on Sunday. Rodgers already mentioned last week he didn't think we'd have anyone in before WBA but was confident on transfers coming in. That sounds about right to me as the window is open for quite a while yet. As is always the case, the last week will be the most frantic. 

Ok guess you’re right.

18 minutes ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Don't panic, Mr Mainwaring! The club were already very good at doing business under the radar, and are apparently even better at it now. The Perez and Castagne signings were completed about a day after we found out about them. Still about a month to go, anyway.

Edit: I think you're right about Sunday - it's a bit late for new faces in time for that, but I think we can still put together a side good enough to get a win.

Edited by Raw Dykes

2 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

Don't panic, Mr Mainwaring! The club were already very good at doing business under the radar, and are apparently even better at it now. The Perez and Castagne signings were completed about a day after we found out about them. Still about a month to go, anyway.

Edit: I think you're right about Sunday - it's a bit late for new faces in time for that, but I think we can still put together a side good enough to get a win.

Not sure but think we will do business before the window closes. Like always it’ll be two or three that the media haven’t even linked us with.

1 minute ago, Angus Scott said:

Yes no need to panic. Other than Castagne, it's over a year since we signed anyone & we will end up starting the season with half a reserve team.

A complete shambles

Let me get you a dictionary lol

• Like 1

Nearly 14 months since Maguire was sold & we still have not signed a replacement. So on Sunday we shall either end up playing our best midfielder at centre half or somebody on debut with only one of our usual back 4

This situation cost us the Champions League & we have still not addressed it.

A complete shambles

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Angus Scott said:

Nearly 14 months since Maguire was sold & we still have not signed a replacement. So on Sunday we shall either end up playing our best midfielder at centre half or somebody on debut with only one of our usual back 4

A complete shambles

Not saying we won’t get anybody in eventually but it’s worrying.  Remember no Evans either 

People saying it's fine because the window is open for a few more weeks are failing to appreciate how thin our team is going to be for these first 2 winnable games. 3 reserves will start in defence on Sunday (assuming there is too little time to assimilate Castagne). Meanwhile, I can't see Maddison starting in midfield and we'll have the same old limited wingers playing. It's all a bit underwhelming when many of our rivals seem to be a lot more active in the market. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox

25 minutes ago, Angus Scott said:

Nearly 14 months since Maguire was sold & we still have not signed a replacement. So on Sunday we shall either end up playing our best midfielder at centre half or somebody on debut with only one of our usual back 4

A complete shambles

Didn’t need one. We had anticipated his leaving and pre-signed accordingly. And anyway we had Bennett. lol

2 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

People saying it's fine because the window is open for a few more weeks are failing to appreciate how thin our team is going to be for these first 2 winnable games. 3 reserves will start in defence on Sunday (assuming there is too little time to assimilate Castagne). Meanwhile, I can't see Maddison starting in midfield and we'll have the same old limited wingers playing. It's all a bit underwhelming when many of our rivals seem to be a lot more active in the market. 

The best time to bring on new players is before the season starts, the second best time is whenever you can. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Angus Scott said:

A complete shambles

Playing a DM at CB when we have Mendy as DM cover isn't a complete shambles.

Normally our usual way dealing with transfers, from scouting to negotiating a deal for a player is brilliant, but these aren’t normal times. The problem now is this system isn’t going to work get results quickly enough for the start of the season and following on from the dismal end of last season I fear this is going to be a difficult season, although I don’t think we will get in any sort of relegation battle. We need to built on last season but as things stand now I fear we will regress 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

Didn’t need one. We had anticipated his leaving and pre-signed accordingly. And anyway we had Bennett. lol

Not sure we did. We'd have signed Dunk or Tarkowski as Maguire' replacement if the price was not obscene (this was all after we sold maguire). I think the club got quite lucky with how good Soyuncu became...

16 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Not sure we did. We'd have signed Dunk or Tarkowski as Maguire' replacement if the price was not obscene (this was all after we sold maguire). I think the club got quite lucky with how good Soyuncu became...

But we did. And bought, not 1 but 2, potential replacements.

While I also don’t think anyone anticipated how soon and how good Soyuncu would turn out (many were thinking Benkovic would be the better/sooner CB signing), but we had clearly anticipated Maquire’s leaving at least beginning from the season before he eventually left and had taken some anticipatory action by buying 2 CBs when there was no terribly pressing need even for 1. Only when it looked like Soyuncu wouldn’t be quite ready and Benkovic was injured that, with 85 million quid burning a hole in our pockets, we started looking at Dunk, Tarwoski and Ake. In retrospect, glad they were overpriced.

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 2