Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Twitter Transfer Rumours

7 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

We could sign five players tomorrow and the chances of them playing against West Brom would be very slim. Even more so if they are European internationals. 

We finish 5th despite losing to Bournemouth and Burnley last season. Season is nowhere near made on those two games 

The thing is our squad moral and beleief will be pretty low after the crash from December on. 

A good start is really really needed to give us a much needed pick up. 

With the extra European games to focus on if you think we can push on after a bad start you’ll be severely disappointed. 

I know 2 games is nothing, but for where we are right now. A win has never been needed more. 

I know Now is too late to include players, but we should have got people in before the break. 

It seems drastic but the top teams all look stronger this season, it would take something special to stay in the top 5/6 I’m just stating that lose to Burnley and West Brom, (along with almost certainly loosing to man city) we won’t be recovering to make Europe. 

Edited by Lambert09

43 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I think the club are playing poker at the wrong time tbh. 

I understand that they think prices are going to drop but there will also be bigger clubs playing the same game. 

We are completely threadbare and just need bodies, I could take overpaying to get points in the opening 2 weeks. 

Lose to West Brom and Burnley and it’s honestly season over. Because any (albeit a long shot at any rate) ambition of pushing on from last season, is not going to happen if you don’t win those games. 

I get the sense we are screwing around over a few million here and there and quite frankly if this was the plan all along then we simply shouldn’t have sold chilly until we were ready to act 

Let me guess... you're either a sports psychologist or the financial director of a large corporation 

7 hours ago, Pliskin said:

I absolutely agree with you! And it would not surprise me if Rudkin is gone before long. But it is my understanding that the owners and Rudkin are very, very close, so personally I don’t think he could ever do wrong. I do think he has outstayed his welcome, and it wouldn’t surprise me if Rodgers wants him gone. 

...when the owners turned up, Rudkin was the person with the knowledge of football they relied upon!!!

I can't see that bond being broken and we have made reasonable purchases in the last view windows.

I can only surmise that Rudkin and Brendan do not see eye to eye on potential targets which has led to what has appeared to be a haphazard window for us, despite the obvious limitations of Covid19.

5 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...when the owners turned up, Rudkin was the person with the knowledge of football they relied upon!!!

I can't see that bond being broken and we have made reasonable purchases in the last view windows.

I can only surmise that Rudkin and Brendan do not see eye to eye on potential targets which has led to what has appeared to be a haphazard window for us, despite the obvious limitations of Covid19.

It’s mad to think that now we trust rudkins judgement over Rodgers’.  

Cant really fault rudkins work since he’s come in. But scouting is a complicated thing for fans to assess as we never really know who’s responsible for what. 

Edited by Lambert09

7 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

We don't seem to have the mental strength to overcome a poor start

The beauty of life is that things always change :wub:

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

I'd imagine our squad would have already parked last season & moved so far on, unlike FT.

I hope your right, but this is different to a bad loss in a play-off final etc. 

Deep down these players will be questioning if they (or their team mates) were ever really good enough for top 4. Whereas we were on such a good run last season because everyone thought we were at that level. 

Personally don’t think it would be as easy to shake it all off and say let’s go again. Especially with such a quick turn around

Edited by Lambert09

2 minutes ago, weller54 said:

...... for the worst.

:filbert_2:Sorry to those expecting actual Twitter rumours.

Edited by SO1

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

I hope your right, but this is different to a bad loss in a play-off final etc. 

Deep down these players will be questioning if they (or their team mates) were ever really good enough for top 4. Whereas we were on such a good run last season because everyone thought we were at that level. 

Personally don’t think it would be as easy as shake it all off and let’s go again. Especially with such a quick turn around

It doesn't really feel like last season ever truly ended, to be fair.