Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Twitter Transfer Rumours

1 hour ago, Sunbury Fox said:

People saying it's fine because the window is open for a few more weeks are failing to appreciate how thin our team is going to be for these first 2 winnable games. 3 reserves will start in defence on Sunday (assuming there is too little time to assimilate Castagne). Meanwhile, I can't see Maddison starting in midfield and we'll have the same old limited wingers playing. It's all a bit underwhelming when many of our rivals seem to be a lot more active in the market. 

Its going to be like that anyway for west Brom, regardless of signings. No way are we signing someone and shoving them straight in the first 11 for the weekend.

11 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

£30m for young English talent with PL experience - AVERAGE, OVER PRICED, HE PLAYS AT BLOODY BURNLEY

£25m for young foreign talent with no PL experience - GREAT DEAL, GET IT DONE, WOW

Geoff we get it, you really like McNeil. The transfer is unlikely at best, he’s worth £30 million but he’s not going for that, Burnley won’t sell unless the figure is around the £50 million mark. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunbury Fox said:

People saying it's fine because the window is open for a few more weeks are failing to appreciate how thin our team is going to be for these first 2 winnable games. 3 reserves will start in defence on Sunday (assuming there is too little time to assimilate Castagne). Meanwhile, I can't see Maddison starting in midfield and we'll have the same old limited wingers playing. It's all a bit underwhelming when many of our rivals seem to be a lot more active in the market. 

Yes we are going to be stretched but that will happen a few times in various areas over the season with injuries and suspensions. Not just to us but most others too. Just because it is the start of the season that is no reason to simply go out and waste money on panic buys either that we do not need longer term or pay over the odds for as a short term fix. 

7 hours ago, Angus Scott said:

Nearly 14 months since Maguire was sold & we still have not signed a replacement. So on Sunday we shall either end up playing our best midfielder at centre half or somebody on debut with only one of our usual back 4

This situation cost us the Champions League & we have still not addressed it.

A complete shambles

I take it you haven't been following the saga where one of France's hottest U20 prospects put out an interview literally begging his club to let him join us?

9 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

£30m for young English talent with PL experience - AVERAGE, OVER PRICED, HE PLAYS AT BLOODY BURNLEY

£25m for young foreign talent with no PL experience - GREAT DEAL, GET IT DONE, WOW

What you and many others failed to grasp though was, the chances of McNeil aged 20 with 4 years left on his contract was never going to be available for £30m. They want £50m for Tarkowski with less than 2 years on his deal who is nearly 28. 

McNeil would set us back north of £45-50m minimum and that would be astonishing for such an average player. The lad can't even get in the England U21's which has to be more than snobbery, I don't get it. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

What you and many others failed to grasp though was, the chances of McNeil aged 20 with 4 years left on his contract was never going to be available for £30m. They want £50m for Tarkowski with less than 2 years on his deal who is nearly 28. 

McNeil would set us back north of £45-50m minimum and that would be astonishing for such an average player. The lad can't even get in the England U21's which has to be more than snobbery, I don't get it. 

Or perhaps it is you who fails to grasp that at the reported 32m (which is what people were reacting too I believe) it was a good deal. If as you suppose, and does seem far more likely, it is 45m+ then it is suddenly not so smart at all.  :dunno:

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Or perhaps it is you who fails to grasp that at the reported 32m (which is what people were reacting too I believe) it was a good deal. If as you suppose, and does seem far more likely, it is 45m+ then it is suddenly not so smart at all.  :dunno:

I will bare my bum in Burton's window if it was £32m, nonsence. Not a chance. Even at £32m I'd not be overly happy either, take him for anything under £15m as a last resort.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I will bare my bum in Burton's window if it was £32m, nonsence. Not a chance. Even at £32m I'd not be overly happy either, take him for anything under £15m as a last resort.

No-one needs to see that (without psychological assistance) so I will gracelessly retire from this topic for now. :thumbup:

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The lad can't even get in the England U21's which has to be more than snobbery, I don't get it. 

I honestly don't fully get the English youth system anymore. It seems honed to push through those identified at a young age, through to the senior team. But then appears to ignore or limit any opportunities of those who develop later on.

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I honestly don't fully get the English youth system anymore. It seems honed to push through those identified at a young age, through to the senior team. But then appears to ignore or limit any opportunities of those who develop later on.

Yeah its ridiculous, you've got a versatile left sided player making 38 PL appearances last season and after a few caps he's binned off again. Doesn't fit the profile of a supposed England player, very similar to Albrighton not getting a full cap when we won the league. Not international class, not perceived to be dynamic enough.

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah its ridiculous, you've got a versatile left sided player making 38 PL appearances last season and after a few caps he's binned off again. Doesn't fit the profile of a supposed England player, very similar to Albrighton not getting a full cap when we won the league. Not international class, not perceived to be dynamic enough.

I suspect it works like a microcosm of society - that the most outwardly confident players get preferential treatment, regardless of their objective merits.

Edited by HighPeakFox

2 minutes ago, casablancas said:

Nail & head. 

Is it though? It's common knowledge you struggle to get value for money buying domestically, especially from the Prem. What Geoff says is unrealistic if a player is going to cost £30m from the Prem, they're probably a £15-20m player on the continent. So it's not nail & head, it's buying worse quality or paying through the nose. 

• Like 2

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Is it though? It's common knowledge you struggle to get value for money buying domestically, especially from the Prem. What Geoff says is unrealistic if a player is going to cost £30m from the Prem, they're probably a £15-20m player on the continent. So it's not nail & head, it's buying worse quality or paying through the nose. 

In my opinion yes. Yours no. You can’t have everyone share the opinion. Can you actually talk me through the difference in this signing and the Trincao one? Other than you’ve seen McNeil play? He’s an example. You don’t know the ins and outs of his contract. Perhaps he has some sort of release clause? Meaning he can leave for certain price to certain clubs. I have no clue I am but a humble fan of football not some inverted winger messiah. 

20 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Wages are generally often lower in the continent as well.

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 1