Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Twitter Transfer Rumours

3 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

The whole Belgium squad is being retested for Covid now as one of them has been confirmed positive. 

Could be pretty threadbare vs. West Brom at this rate :D 

Whoever plays at West Brom, there is a good chance that half the defence will not have even met, let alone played together before.

Edited by murphy

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

I hope your right, but this is different to a bad loss in a play-off final etc. 

Deep down these players will be questioning if they (or their team mates) were ever really good enough for top 4. Whereas we were on such a good run last season because everyone thought we were at that level. 

Personally don’t think it would be as easy to shake it all off and say let’s go again. Especially with such a quick turn around

Good job you are not a professional  sportsman then

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

I hope your right, but this is different to a bad loss in a play-off final etc. 

Deep down these players will be questioning if they (or their team mates) were ever really good enough for top 4. Whereas we were on such a good run last season because everyone thought we were at that level. 

Personally don’t think it would be as easy to shake it all off and say let’s go again. Especially with such a quick turn around

I think you're right.  It's all about momentum or direction of travel or whatever you want to call it.  Since 2017, it feels as if we have been a club improving and on the up.  At the moment, for the first time since, it 'feels' as if we are on a downward path. 

Just a feeling, but it seems to be shared among the majority here.  We should be sauntering along, full of beans and whistling a happy tune, but we;'e not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lcfcell said:

Telegraph reporting Southampton looking at Choudhury 

A loan might be decent if we werent to go into a season where we need to play about once every 3 days. Not sure he is playing enough here, cant see much improvement over the last season or so.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danny280995 said:

Our first 3 games 0 points

Give your head a wobble. All your post seem negative. Are you striving to bring everyone else down? Have some faith the club has been through much much worse. How many of your 30 posts have been of a more positive aspect? Genuinely interested as this forum will start to bring people down one day. It is that gloomy 

Edited by casablancas
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, casablancas said:

Give your hear a wobble. All your post seem negative. Are you striving to bring everyone else down? Have some faith the club has been through much much worse. How many of your 30 posts have been of a more positive aspect? Genuinely interested as this forum will start to bring people down one day. It is that gloomy 

To be fair it's a fair prediction given our injuries and suspensions and slump of last season?

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

To be fair it's a fair prediction given our injuries and suspensions and slump of last season?

We have no indication of what will happen. It’s a totally unique situation and almost every club bar Chelsea and a few others appear to have been affected. I mean West Brom and Burnley aren’t making big signings or wholesale changes. It just feels certain posters appear to go out of the way to post negative comments. Yes I am aware of free will etc and the ability to post opinions without fear of reprisal etc but we are not the only club in this boat. It’s getting silly 

• Like 3

Just now, casablancas said:

We have no indication of what will happen. It’s a totally unique situation and almost every club bar Chelsea and a few others appear to have been affected. I mean West Brom and Burnley aren’t making big signings or wholesale changes. It just feels certain posters appear to go out of the way to post negative comments. Yes I am aware of free will etc and the ability to post opinions without fear of reprisal etc but we are not the only club in this boat. It’s getting silly 

It's about perspective though isn't it. Of course we don't know what is going to happen but even taking the emotion of the 2nd half slump out of the equation and the minimal transfer activity, we are going in to the season with 1 fit centre half and our most creative midfielder still not fit. West Brom will be bang up for it and Burnley is never an easy gig. Man City away isn't even worth talking about, so although there's a lot of severe negativity about at the minute it is understandable. 

Let's hope it's like 2013/14 and 2015/16 all over again.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

There's plenty of deals being done though, we aren't asking for the earth just a few players we badly need. It'll happen just would like it to be before the season started and to grab some points from 2 very easy opening games.

Complacency at its finest!

Defeats incoming vs WBA and Burnley. :( 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Lose to West Brom and Burnley and it’s honestly season over. 

Pleased to fans keeping perspective...

4 hours ago, BKLFox said:

I'd imagine our squad would have already parked last season & moved so far on, unlike FT.

Let's hope the players don't read this forum!

2 hours ago, murphy said:

Since 2017, it feels as if we have been a club improving and on the up.  At the moment, for the first time since, it 'feels' as if we are on a downward path. 

In 2017 we sacked Ranieri, plugged a gap with Shakespeare, had a good first 8 games under Puel, stunk the place out more often than not March 18-Feb 19 

Not sure much was 'on the up' in that period.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

The question is then, why are we not setting up similar links ? Not specifically with Mendes but other major players in the game. 

If a club does this then they become over reliant on them to be successful, as soon as it goes wrong it would take longer to re-implement a good structure.  

Thought I might find some cheer spending an hour looking through the usual sources on twitter John Percy, Rob Tanner, Sean etc. Didn't help  reading about Newcastle Sheff United Villa etc . We haven't even had the rogue links to potential targets seen wandering around Leicester that were posted yesterday which wasted a lot of time and pages.

Not sure about this one
LCFC HQ Understand this afternoon that #lcfc have submitted their first official bid for Saint Ettiene Defender Westley Fofana. Bid of around €26 million.

Edited by Edingleyfox
font

7 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Pleased to fans keeping perspective...

Let's hope the players don't read this forum!

In 2017 we sacked Ranieri, plugged a gap with Shakespeare, had a good first 8 games under Puel, stunk the place out more often than not March 18-Feb 19 

Lots of navel gazing and woe-is-me about our situation about our prospective first team availability for the first few games. Yeah it's not looking great, and guess what at ANY point in time during the season, one of our players goes down with COVID, it'll mess up our plans. Has anyone done any analysis on the teams we'll be playing? Injuries/suspensions, transfer activity/inactivity, or match readiness? Are they really in any better shape than us?

Whilst we are in no way near match fit ready, neither are our opponents. Tight turn around in fixtures will fix that, but it'll take a couple of months.

In a lot of ways I'm glad we don't have a crowd of negativity and nervous nellies moaning and groaning at the miss passes and wasted opportunities, because there's going to be loads of them in the next few weeks. FT and social media will be over-the-top and no doubt embarrassingly reactive.

I keep saying it, but the club need to transfer in some patience which is in short supply.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Whether Puel stank the place out or not (I forgot you were such a fan of his lol), to me it felt like we were building.  After narrowly escaping relegation in 2017 we improved, at least in terms of results and League position.  We also improved the side with some quality additions.  Rodgers came in and improved us further and we were flying in 2019.

Now, after the collapse of 2020 it just feels like we are coming down over the brow of that hill.  I hope I'm wrong, it is just a feeling that I can't quite put my finger on beyond the terrible form of 2020 of course.

I think that we need to add new faces, not just to plug the gaps in which we are lacking, but also to freshen the place up in terms of motivation and mood.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sphericalfox said:

If Hamza going was remotely true, then we can expect to see more of KDH this season.

I don’t rate Hamza personally. I think he’s a bomb scare in midfield. It’s a common joke not that he’s going to hurt someone. He’s our Lee Cattermole. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Oh make no bones about it, as it stands with who we have available and the feeling of last season still very raw I think we will struggle and just hope we can turn it around quickly.

Yeah sadly I agree, and I don't think it's even being negative. We have key injuries and suspensions, our first team has not played together as a whole yet in pre-season and many players have been away on international duty. Plus we had an appalling loss in form at the end of last season. The form guide does not look good for us!

Our saving grace is that the Belgian lads looked very good this week and they could be the difference. I think we need them to be, especially a certain Y. Tielemans!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Paddy. said:

Judging by the fact that LCFC HQ can't spell the words 'Etienne' or 'Wesley' correctly, I'd say you're right to be unsure.

Also, what is that font? Thought my eyes were going for a minute, scared the shit out of me.

Additionally, Understand is the present tense verb.