Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Twitter Transfer Rumours

38 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

An account with "ITK" in their name usually suggests it should be taken with a large dose of salt.

Could be on to something there Geoff, suspect it stands for In The Kitchen though...

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Probably a load of rubbish but yes please!

Good ITK’s so few and far between now. Even some who work in the media struggle to be respected. I mean guys who work for Talk Sport/Sky Sports have without doubt lost respect for their profession by some of the rubbish they spout. I think clubs are reluctant to speak to them. We still have quality journalist like Percy/winter who uphold the profession and don’t just do things for clicks. There is so many of these guys now on Twitter. 

Anyway, I went off on a tangent. If we can get this guy to supplement the squad for £15m it would be smart business. 

1 hour ago, peach0000 said:

I'd definitely take Erickson if its an option (doubt it is). He borders on world class on his day.

Those days are increasingly becoming fewer and further between, and he would almost certainly be on very high wages. PASS.

Edited by NaijaFox

5 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

Those days are increasingly becoming fewer and further between, and he would almost certainly be on very high wages. PASS.

I feel he clearly wanted to leave spurs so had a poor half a season due to the managers not playing him. He then has gone to inter and not really played very much. The talent is there and I feel that for the right price and wages he could be very good for us. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

I feel he clearly wanted to leave spurs so had a poor half a season due to the managers not playing him. He then has gone to inter and not really played very much. The talent is there and I feel that for the right price and wages he could be very good for us. 

And there lies the problem.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Selfish bastards. 

It will be interesting to follow this one. A few things could still well happen:

- Barcelona aren't able to move on their big name players on huge wages like Suarez, Vidal, etc. So have to sell him to free up wages now.

- Barcelona can't raise the funds needed to complete the signings of Memphis Depay and Gigi Wijnaldum, both of whom they have been linked with. The Depay deal is allegedly already done but they are waiting to move on players first.

- We don't get the player now, but in registering our interest now we go back in for the player in January or next summer. He gets a few games at Barcelona but results go against them and are put under pressure early, meaning they need to buy more short term solutions.

- The player gets game time and becomes a smash hit at Barcelona.

Unfortunately for us, he already looks like he belongs in the team, playing very well alongside Messi and co:

So I think this is a case of spotting a great player but not signing him fast enough. To be fair though, it's very hard to compete with Barcelona for a player, even if they are a youngster! He probably won't be first team, but probably gets 20-30 games this season regardless.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

It will be interesting to follow this one. A few things could still well happen:

- Barcelona aren't able to move on their big name players on huge wages like Suarez, Vidal, etc. So have to sell him to free up wages now.

- Barcelona can't raise the funds needed to complete the signings of Memphis Depay and Gigi Wijnaldum, both of whom they have been linked with. The Depay deal is allegedly already done but they are waiting to move on players first.

- We don't get the player now, but in registering our interest now we go back in for the player in January or next summer. He gets a few games at Barcelona but results go against them and are put under pressure early, meaning they need to buy more short term solutions.

- The player gets game time and becomes a smash hit at Barcelona.

Unfortunately for us, he already looks like he belongs in the team, playing very well alongside Messi and co:

So I think this is a case of spotting a great player but not signing him fast enough. To be fair though, it's very hard to compete with Barcelona for a player, even if they are a youngster! He probably won't be first team, but probably gets 20-30 games this season regardless.

Fck me it’s like I need 3D glasses watching that 

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Last day of the windo w, we’ve already signed Under and Trincao becomes available for a loan with an option to buy. 

Imagine the scenes if we got both in 😍

...I really do not think Trincao is going to be what we need!!!

He wants to be at Barcelona, he is suited there and the league suits him, I think it will be better if we moved from this, conclude the Forfana deal with an additional few millions and sign Edouard from Celtic to conclude the window.

Trincao does not appear to suit our league, he is not a robust player, his style is languid but that is not something to hold against him. Having watched him in his last game his style of play really is not a suitable fit for this club and if we pass this up it will be no great loss. 

11 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

So Roma might be looking for Jovic it seems (For those who imagined it was a possibility)

Makes sense, their agent sells us Under and replaces him with Jovic who is also his client. Maintains a happy relationship all round

• Like 1