Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Twitter Transfer Rumours

Just now, foxfanazer said:

I think we could be in serious trouble this season. Hopefully have enough quality to do the unthinkable and go down

I think even if we go into the season as is minus Chilwell we could be comfortably mid table. It would be a shame not to kick on but something funny seems to be going on.

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The Dave Rennie dismissal and 6 players supposedly going on holiday to places against the wishes of the club and being fined isn't the greatest news. Also murmurings that Rodgers hasn't taken kindly to being questioned on the 2nd half of the season slump....

Who were the 6? Will guess ones Perez as he’s from Tenerife so guessing he went home

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

Worrying that he doesn't see it that way

I've always been very pro Rodgers and defended him when we missed out of the champions league, even advocated him to be in contention for manager of the season. However, if he can't see that some things needed questioning and addressing then I would of sacked him on the spot. It shows a huge level of arrogance and delusion which isn't helpful at all.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Who were the 6? Will guess ones Perez as he’s from Tenerife so guessing he went home

Maddison and Vardy were pictured in the press. Vardy in Spain, can't remember where Maddison was. May well be two others.

Edit - Chilwell as well if that's relevant 

Edited by peach0000

1 minute ago, Lesta2014 said:

I don't know, was only told this 2nd hand which was why I asked if anyone else had heard this in the ominous silence thread. Seems a few others have also heard similar but the fact its been very high hush is odd, hopefully its wide of the mark but the lack of media coverage of our pre-season last week might be no coincidence.

6 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I think even if we go into the season as is minus Chilwell we could be comfortably mid table. It would be a shame not to kick on but something funny seems to be going on.

Optimistic. I think we will go down if we lose Chilwell and fail to adequately add to the squad we won’t be good enough to compete on all fronts. Europa league would have to be sacrificed and the league prioritised. Last seasons slump proves the side isn’t capable of competing for the duration, how we will cope with an extra cup competition is beyond me. We don’t sign at least three players before the season starts, we’re done in my opinion. Hope I’m wrong, but I can’t see it any other way.

Edited by Pliskin

I also think that we are in for a struggle this season.  Can't see how we can all of a sudden come up with better form than we had for the last 20 games of last season which was bottom 6 was it not?  And we've done nothing so far buying wise and let chilwell go.  I have to admit, I'm worried by this season.  

13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Also murmurings that Rodgers hasn't taken kindly to being questioned on the 2nd half of the season slump....

If this is true then he's an arrogant tosser. We were ****ing awful for about 20 games, it's worrying that he doesn't see what we all see.

This is of course assuming it is true.

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

Optimistic. I think we will go down if we lose Chilwell and fail to adequately add to the squad we won’t be good enough to compete on all fronts. Europa league would have to be sacrificed and the league prioritised. Last seasons slump proves the side isn’t capable of completing for the duration, how we will cope with an extra cup competition is beyond me. We don’t sign at least three players before the season starts, we’re done in my opinion. Hope I’m wrong, but I can’t see it any other way.

They'll be a few teams worse off than us and our quality will shine through. We have decent players if not a big squad. If shit properly hits the fan we'll be out of Europe by January and can focus on the premier league for the second half of the season. No way the likes of Palace, Newcastle, west brom, Fulham, Leeds etc finish above us in my opinion. 

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The Dave Rennie dismissal and 6 players supposedly going on holiday to places against the wishes of the club and being fined isn't the greatest news. Also murmurings that Rodgers hasn't taken kindly to being questioned on the 2nd half of the season slump....

Just curious what was the fine for? 

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

Optimistic. I think we will go down if we lose Chilwell and fail to adequately add to the squad we won’t be good enough to compete on all fronts. Europa league would have to be sacrificed and the league prioritised. Last seasons slump proves the side isn’t capable of completing for the duration, how we will cope with an extra cup competition is beyond me. We don’t sign at least three players before the season starts, we’re done in my opinion. Hope I’m wrong, but I can’t see it any other way.

Yeah as much as it pains me to say it we might need to sack off the Europa this season. Last seasons collapse coupled with what's looking like a less than positive summer recruitment drive has me worried that the worst could happen. Don't like how things are being done at the club at the moment

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

...that only means the club is doing the right thing!!!

If discipline has now become an issue and that falls in the remit of the manager then the powers that be has a right to answers.

Should it conclude that Rodgers' term as manager is to be terminated then it will be a fair wedge to be paid against the remainder of his contract, but should it be proven that he is not adhering to his contract then we might find a compromise position where we pay 50% of the balance of his contract.

I back the owners should it come to this.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

They'll be a few teams worse off than us and our quality will shine through. We have decent players if not a big squad. If shit properly hits the fan we'll be out of Europe by January and can focus on the premier league for the second half of the season. No way the likes of Palace, Newcastle, west brom, Fulham, Leeds etc finish above us in my opinion. 

I’m not so sure... we got outplayed twice by Norwich last season, who limped back into the Championship. We’re easy picking at the moment, and something drastic needs to happen to turn the form around. I can just see it all going horribly wrong, Watford finished fairly high season before last season, and look at them.... I’m not happy with how things have gone since January, and there’s no sign of them improving anytime soon........

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Well that shows a distinct lack of self-awareness not to mention humility imo.  I know it's only rumour, but I hope that Rodgers is not arrogant enough to believe that he is untouchable and beyond reproach after leading us over a cliff in 2020.  The scales are beginning to fall from my eyes.

Edited by murphy

Just now, Pliskin said:

I’m not so sure... we got outplayed twice by Norwich last season, who limped back into the Championship. We’re easy picking at the moment, and something drastic needs to happen to turn the form around. I can just see it all going horribly wrong, Watford finished fairly high season before last season, and look at them.... I’m not happy with how things have gone since January, and there’s no sign of them improving anytime soon........

I don't think anyone is happy about how things have been or how the summer is going tbh. It's turning into a bit of a shit show. I feel our quality will shine through and we won't be in trouble, you don't, but hopefully the club will get their shit together and sign some quality players so we don't have to find out. I think we can both agree on that.

1 minute ago, murphy said:

Well that shows a distinct lack of self-awareness not to mention humility imo.  I know it's only rumour, but I hope that Rodgers is not arrogant enough to believe that he is untouchable after leading us over a cliff in 2020.  The scales are beginning to fall from my eyes.

It's concerning to me how easy it is to believe 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I said this to a friend of mine earlier! Dave Rennie sacked, no fresh faces, paper thin squad at training, minimal social media content - all can’t be well behind the scenes. 

Taking our second half of the season form into account too, it stinks of Rodgers gone by Christmas. 

12 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I've always been very pro Rodgers and defended him when we missed out of the champions league, even advocated him to be in contention for manager of the season. However, if he can't see that some things needed questioning and addressing then I would of sacked him on the spot. It shows a huge level of arrogance and delusion which isn't helpful at all.

..strange that this appears to be a re-run of the Pearson scenario!!!

His failure to agree with the owners position regarding internal discipline led to his dismissal.

32 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Rodgers with a point to prove then. 

Rightly questioned imo. Let's hope he sorts it out.

Let's hope the club sorts it out.