Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Twitter Transfer Rumours

17 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Sure @ramadaone suggested we were in for him on deadline day of the summer transfer window last year, obviously didn’t happen but would have been an interesting signing for us at that point in time.

12 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Sorry fellas the six players fined is just bollocks for me.

Numerous PL footballers ended up in Spain including two who were there with Maddison. 

The issue might not have been where they went, it might have been not following instructions that meant they got around the quarantine.

I have no idea though.

3 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Definitely could be a factor.

I can see why the owners would be disappointed in our eventual placing, but at the end of the day he still exceeded his targets for the season, so this wouldn’t make sense to me. If Ricardo, Maddison and Chilwell hadn’t got injured the likelihood is we would have got top 4. So why when we have been in a situation where we have shown we can compete with top 4 if we have a bit more squad depth would they then hold back now in signing new players. 

This summer feels like a re-run of the summer before we won the championship. Poor slumped the season before. Heartbreak on the last day. Uncertainty surrounding the club. Very little transfer activity. All we need is a GTF equivalent signing and we are good to go.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, rachhere said:

I can see why the owners would be disappointed in our eventual placing, but at the end of the day he still exceeded his targets for the season, so this wouldn’t make sense to me. If Ricardo, Maddison and Chilwell hadn’t got injured the likelihood is we would have got top 4. So why when we have been in a situation where we have shown we can compete with top 4 if we have a bit more squad depth would they then hold back now in signing new players. 

Our form was poor before them players got injured, if I was opening my cheque book in such uncertain times I would want to see that he still has the players pulling in the same direction first, luckily this window goes well into the season so he has that opportunity.

It could also quite easily be that we have cash flow issues or non of the above and we are working hard on players.

45 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

If this is true then he's an arrogant tosser. We were ****ing awful for about 20 games, it's worrying that he doesn't see what we all see.

This is of course assuming it is true.

I’m not sure how anyone could not already know Rodgers was an arrogant tosser.  Even his defenders wouldn’t deny that.

3 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

I’m not sure how anyone could not already know Rodgers was an arrogant tosser.  Even his defenders wouldn’t deny that.

It's worrying how arrogant he seems to be, a lot more than I first imagined.

Again, if true.

1 minute ago, Albert said:

It’s definitely wide of the mark!

Absolute bollocks 👍🏻

Ric spreading false rumours again! Thank God for that.

Albert:wub::thumbup:

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Are the owners not willing to back Rodgers?

This is of course based on nothing but it sort of feels like a movie I’ve seen before. Again not based on anything just speculating but could it be that Rodgers is at odds with owners re recruitment? E.g. recruitment department have identified targets but Rodgers has his own targets thus a stand-off. 

In this case I’d be right behind the owners, they’ve implemented a recruitment model that is proven to work, Rodgers will have been informed of this beforehand and may be doing the spitting the dummy act again.

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

It’s exactly as I always imagined.  He’s been like this his whole career.  Some managers are arrogant tossers but have the genius to pull it off, but evidence has never supported that BR is one of them.

Edited by Deeg67

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Ric spreading false rumours again! Thank God for that.

Albert:wub::thumbup:

He has a serious ego/messiah complex and that’s not sour grapes as there is plenty on this forum I have been positive about with him. It was similar at Celtic, initially said he was happy with the budget, said he could make us a regular CL club and last 16 on the odd occassion. Two years later and numerous horsings in Europe, including our record home and away defeats and he started throwing the board under the bus publicly for not backingrather than accept any responsibility whatsoever.

5 minutes ago, Albert said:

Absolute bollocks 👍🏻

You, sir, always pop up at the right time. That's such a relief, thank you.

Sad that Rennie is off - hope it's nothing untoward. He's been such a great servant.

1 hour ago, Albert said:

Absolute bollocks 👍🏻

Glad to see this place does have a few adults in the room.

4 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Can't believe so many people would hear or read a rumour and jump on so quickly. Take 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 and somehow end up for 437!? 

The 2nd half of last season has really dulled some fans views of us hasn't it? If last season was flipped and we started poorly and went in an amazing run to finish 5th 1 or 2 points of top 4 then everyone would be elated.

Don't get me wrong, it was extremely disappointing to miss out in top 4 from where we were, our form was and is worrying, but it's hardly confirming that something is so wrong behind closed doors. For a start Maddison signing a new deal is news we all wanted, at least means we'll get a ridiculous sum of money should he move on next summer. One of the brightest english talents in the game right now is happy to stay on, thats not something that happens at a club where everything is falling apart.

The lack of "reported" strong interest in players is something I've become accustomed to as a Leicester fan over the last few years. The whole covid situation has affected every single club, not just us. Other than Leeds trying to make a statement with the Rodrigo transfer and Cheslea spending the money that they had saved from their transfer ban and the relaxed rules around FFP, no club has done any business that you would usually expect from them. That has a knock on effect for the teams lower down the pecking order, including us.

I do worry about our squad depth for next season, especially with the extra games in Europe. Domestic cups will surely have to take a back seat this year, because we will need a good showing in Europe if we are to take the next step.  But the transfer window doesn't close for ages yet and right now keeping the likes of Maddison and Ndidi is just as important. We'll get there people, we just need a little faith

Almost feels like next season clubs will be happy to tread water for season and just get through it unscathed.

6 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

He has a serious ego/messiah complex and that’s not sour grapes as there is plenty on this forum I have been positive about with him. It was similar at Celtic, initially said he was happy with the budget, said he could make us a regular CL club and last 16 on the odd occassion. Two years later and numerous horsings in Europe, including our record home and away defeats and he started throwing the board under the bus publicly for not backingrather than accept any responsibility whatsoever.

Don't talk about Ric like that! 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Can't believe so many people would hear or read a rumour and jump on so quickly. Take 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 and somehow end up for 437!? 

The 2nd half of last season has really dulled some fans views of us hasn't it? If last season was flipped and we started poorly and went in an amazing run to finish 5th 1 or 2 points of top 4 then everyone would be elated.

Don't get me wrong, it was extremely disappointing to miss out in top 4 from where we were, our form was and is worrying, but it's hardly confirming that something is so wrong behind closed doors. For a start Maddison signing a new deal is news we all wanted, at least means we'll get a ridiculous sum of money should he move on next summer. One of the brightest english talents in the game right now is happy to stay on, thats not something that happens at a club where everything is falling apart.

The lack of "reported" strong interest in players is something I've become accustomed to as a Leicester fan over the last few years. The whole covid situation has affected every single club, not just us. Other than Leeds trying to make a statement with the Rodrigo transfer and Cheslea spending the money that they had saved from their transfer ban and the relaxed rules around FFP, no club has done any business that you would usually expect from them. That has a knock on effect for the teams lower down the pecking order, including us.

I do worry about our squad depth for next season, especially with the extra games in Europe. Domestic cups will surely have to take a back seat this year, because we will need a good showing in Europe if we are to take the next step.  But the transfer window doesn't close for ages yet and right now keeping the likes of Maddison and Ndidi is just as important. We'll get there people, we just need a little faith

I think it's understandable that people are worried, with the poor form since December and lack of needed signings, but I won't worry myself until we've played a few games of the new season and we can see if we're still struggling.

There's still plenty of time before the transfer window closes, and the probable imminent sales of Chilwell and Slimani might mean we can get the ball rolling on a few new faces coming in. It could well be that we have a plan for a budget with the Chilwell sale and a plan for without, and need to know which before making a move. For example, we might want a CB and a RW, but might have to settle for cheaper options unless we sell Chilwell.

I'm not really concerned by the lack of reported interest in players. We do like to sign players out of the blue, and it could just be that we're getting very good at getting transfers done under the radar.

You're right - the new contracts for Vardy, Maddison and Thomas are a good sign. I think they confirm that our worst fears that something could be amiss are unfounded.

Re: depth. I agree. We are down to bare bones and could do with an extra 2 or 3 more senior players, at least. However, we did have a particularly bad run of injuries and suspensions, and with any luck, this should clear up before too long. We will need to add depth if possible, though, especially with an eye on Europe.

To be fair, if players ignored advice and went on holiday where they shouldn't have and have missed a chunk of preseason training due to having to quarantine then they bloody should be fined. If they're not going to be ready for the start of the season then that has massive implications for the club.

Even in my own line of work, the Academy chain I work for emailed all staff at the start of the holidays to say avoid certain countries and also to tell us we'd face disciplinary action if we  ended up in quarantine when we should be working. People didn't like it but we knew where we stood.

The Dave Rennie thing is weird though, wonder what happened there?

Edited by Paddy.

1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

I'm not a terribly negative person but I'm seeking odds that Nigel Pearson becomes manager, even if it's just caretaker, before the end of the season :unsure:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. thats not funny.. you are lying to yourself cause you are terribly negative person.

Edited by Simoken