Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Twitter Transfer Rumours

1 hour ago, jeffschlupp said:

The season ended 30 days ago.

We didn't sign Justin, our first signing of last summer until 47 days from the last day of the season (12 May).

I get that the market is frustrating and there are only 5.5 weeks left but loads of teams have not moved big yet. A lot of that is because of the uncertainty, waiting for returns from holiday, waiting for dominoes to fall.

The time to get really frustrated and even worried is if we haven't strengthened the team with at least a left-back to replace Chilwell and a CB or winger to start the season. 2.5 weeks to do that should be no problem, when things get moving with us they really do pick up speed.

I suppose also the reason for not signing anyone yet is probably down to either lengthy negotiations trying to persuade decent signings to come or it’s just down to waiting for us to offload a few players first to finance the deals, either way they need to sort their sh it out to get a few decent players in before the season starts ?

3 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

That is an outrageous price tbh, hate saying it because it's bloody 16 million sovs but it's pocket change in this era. He's class.

...this is where we should jump in an hijack this deal!!!

They would have asked £20 - 25m if we had enquired about buying him.

We need this guy in to bolster our roster, we definitely need to be bringing in more quality as soon as possible.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

I’m glad I wasn’t the only one  to think of this ! 

quick call to Esteban for a reference and it’s a shoe in !

My guess would be that we made an offer for Suarez. Doubt we could afford him but obviously Rodgers has a great relationship with him 

15 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I can’t tell if you’re having me on or not ........... 

I don’t think there’s any chance of it happening. But I wouldn’t be surprised if we had a little poke at his agent. Why wouldn’t we? Let’s line up with the oldest strike force in the league 

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

I don’t think there’s any chance of it happening. But I wouldn’t be surprised if we had a little poke at his agent. Why wouldn’t we? Let’s line up with the oldest strike force in the league 

Because it’s a waste of our time and we have plenty of work to do on existing targets ..........

2 hours ago, Blanchflower78 said:

What's prompted this Ric from only a few days ago?:

"The training ground is being paid for by a 6 year loan is it not? We are trying to reduce our wage bill for fringe players and I imagine Chilwell will go and yet again we will spend around £20-30m net spend. I'm not concerned yet."

I've sadly changed my mind due to things I've been told, hope I'm wrong.

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Because it’s a waste of our time and we have plenty of work to do on existing targets ..........

I’m not saying you’re wrong but theoretically, if he was free and we gave him his existing terms on a 2 year deal. 

It would be the equivalent of a 20m signing on 90k per week salary. 

Thats actually affordable. Albeit money down the drain. 

Not saying he would be tempted, but none of the big 6 in the prem would need him. No other big club in the world is likely to have the cash/ need at the moment. 

Im just saying, it’s possible 

2 minutes ago, Hales said:

Spill the beans! 😉

The Dave Rennie dismissal and 6 players supposedly going on holiday to places against the wishes of the club and being fined isn't the greatest news. Also murmurings that Rodgers hasn't taken kindly to being questioned on the 2nd half of the season slump....

• Sad 2