Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Twitter Transfer Rumours

1 hour ago, Sly said:

People need to consider how much he’s regressed as a player. He isn’t the Suarez of 12 months ago. Injuries have taken a toll on him.

His isn't coming here, however he did managed to score against Dortmund, Inter Milan, Napoli and Munich in the CL........

32 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

The one thing that has been reported by John Percy this window has happened, Ben has gone to Chelsea.

He has not reported anything yet with regards to incomings.

Yes, the season starts in just over 2 weeks, but the best value in the window is towards its end.

All the rest of stories are just fluff, click bait nonsense.

If you like get bent out of shape because of click bait, that's on you, not the club.

I would say surely past experience of our dealings have indicated these types of links are balls, but I know what the response to that would be

"Yeah but Congers....."   

Relax  :cool:

Percy reports what the club want him to, no news is certainly not good news.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Percy reports what the club want him to, no news is certainly not good news.

The club is hardly likely to publicise intent though is it? To invert your comment, no news does not imply no activity.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

The club is hardly likely to publicise intent though is it? To invert your comment, no news does not imply no activity.

No one knew anything about the Perez deal until it was basically done

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

"It's also thought Leicester are prepared to wait until much later in the transfer window to do their deals, feeling there may be better value by doing so."

This is the key bit of Dorsett's article from last night, and it makes perfect sense.

Rodgers has been dealt an ideal hand with three winnable games against average sides and one game we'd likely lose no matter who we played. There's no European football before the deadline either, and there's only one League Cup game on top of those four league games.

After October 3/4 we don't play again until October 17, by which time business in and out will be completely finished and we may have Fuchs and/or Ricardo back too. 

I think the group we've got even with injuries can take 6-10 points from those first four and progress in the League Cup. That gives Rudkin and Congerton significant leeway to drag deals out until the end of the window, squeeze out value, and potentially snatch their top targets too. If they're not internationals, then they also get that extra 10 days to settle in without the need to produce performances from the off.

I find it difficult to blame recruitment chiefs at the best of times given the transfer market is one of the craziest industries you'll find, but even more so under the current conditions. I would much rather our club be run by people protecting the club's financial interests and playing the cautious game than going gung-ho and chucking £30m at players well down their list (*cough* Leeds and Rodrigo *cough*).

Makes no sense when we have about 6 first team players out and we are in horrible form and need a strong start. Learnt nothing from January.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I think as well we'll want to try to make the most of what is already in house before we chuck money at things, think Tavares, KDH and Hirst could all feature early doors to see if they're ready to step up, as well as Thomas of course. 

Brendan previously said he'd rather develop a £25m player than spend that on someone, but obviously we do need to strengthen too.  

George Hirst is miles off at the moment. He really needs a good championship loan. 

Get him to a club like rotherham and see what he can do. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

"It's also thought Leicester are prepared to wait until much later in the transfer window to do their deals, feeling there may be better value by doing so."

This is the key bit of Dorsett's article from last night, and it makes perfect sense.

Rodgers has been dealt an ideal hand with three winnable games against average sides and one game we'd likely lose no matter who we played. There's no European football before the deadline either, and there's only one League Cup game on top of those four league games.

After October 3/4 we don't play again until October 17, by which time business in and out will be completely finished and we may have Fuchs and/or Ricardo back too. 

I think the group we've got even with injuries can take 6-10 points from those first four and progress in the League Cup. That gives Rudkin and Congerton significant leeway to drag deals out until the end of the window, squeeze out value, and potentially snatch their top targets too. If they're not internationals, then they also get that extra 10 days to settle in without the need to produce performances from the off.

I find it difficult to blame recruitment chiefs at the best of times given the transfer market is one of the craziest industries you'll find, but even more so under the current conditions. I would much rather our club be run by people protecting the club's financial interests and playing the cautious game than going gung-ho and chucking £30m at players well down their list (*cough* Leeds and Rodrigo *cough*).

Mostly agree with this @jeffschlupp but also agree to an extent with @Ric Flair posted just after - our concern is that starting the season with a Justin-Soyuncu-Benkovic-Thomas back four might, just might, be disastrous in the short term, and instead of your optimistic 6-10 points we get 1-3. That wouldn't be inconsistent with the way we ended last season either, and once you get off to a start like that (a) it hampers you in terms of transfer dealings and (b) it can be hard to recover - cf Watford last season. 

I'd like to see a LB and CB arrive in the next week. The rest, I can wait for prices to drop.

• Like 3

I don’t mind playing the waiting game in this window of all windows. It’s going to be a disrupted start to the season anyway due to injuries, suspensions, different schedule to normal, lots of games, European matches and the slow return of fans.

This could be a season where we get better as the season goes on, unlike last season.

17 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

It does look like we are playing the long game here doesn't it. On the one hand I understand, because of the reasons you have stated. On the other hand, surely last season emphasises just how important every game and every point is, and that we have to be taking it seriously. 

• Like 1