Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicester_Loyal

The Politics Thread 2020

On 06/07/2020 at 14:58, Stadt said:

Whilst pottering about in the kitchen I was thinking about politicians I’d stop for a photo, the only one I could come up with was Portillo lol 

I’d attempt to stop Dennis Skinner but he’d probably call me a cvnt 

• Haha 1

On 06/07/2020 at 14:58, Stadt said:

Whilst pottering about in the kitchen I was thinking about politicians I’d stop for a photo, the only one I could come up with was Portillo lol 

You've got me thinking, I don't think I'd ever stop anyone for a photo. It seems an utterly bizarre thing to be doing to me. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

You've got me thinking, I don't think I'd ever stop anyone for a photo. It seems an utterly bizarre thing to be doing to me. 

The only person I’ve ever stopped, topically and incidentally, is Tom Meighan lol . He was outside a pub in Brighton so not as if stopped him going about his business 

All these tax reliefs from the government and incentives are great and all, but how the fvck are they going to make up the shortfall after furlough with no stamp duty income VAT reductions and giving away free meals?

Or have they have resigned themselves to defeat in the next GE and are just preparing an elaborate revenge on Labour for the no money note.

Anyone seen the video with Mark Francois threatening Britain’s lead military person with the wrath of Cummings? 

Here it is 

Alongside Cummings has been permitted access to high level military sites plus MI5 and MI6 premises. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Captain... said:

All these tax reliefs from the government and incentives are great and all, but how the fvck are they going to make up the shortfall after furlough with no stamp duty income VAT reductions and giving away free meals?

Or have they have resigned themselves to defeat in the next GE and are just preparing an elaborate revenge on Labour for the no money note.

Thing is, all the incentives forget one basic necessity in order to work and that's put actual money in people's pockets. Reduce income tax and people will spend that money.

21 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Anyone seen the video with Mark Francois threatening Britain’s lead military person with the wrath of Cummings? 

Here it is 

Alongside Cummings has been permitted access to high level military sites plus MI5 and MI6 premises. 

Sure he's a power-mad unelected bureaucrat, but he's based in Westminster so that's OK apparently.

27 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Sure he's a power-mad unelected bureaucrat, but he's based in Westminster so that's OK apparently.

It's about sides. People have been shown to change their beliefs to fit their side more than they change sides to fit their beliefs. 

4 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

How was he being bullied exactly?

Also laughable to suggest he 'doesn't do gestures' - probably one of most profilic gesture politicians we have. He really is going down the Trump route isnt he?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

How was he being bullied exactly?

Also laughable to suggest he 'doesn't do gestures' - probably one of most profilic gesture politicians we have. He really is going down the Trump route isnt he?

The whole thing is one big bully campaign, it’s laughable to suggest he should support a far left nutty campaign with the ‘gesture’. It’s similar to doing a Nazi salute imo.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

The whole thing is one big bully campaign, it’s laughable to suggest he should support a far left nutty campaign with the ‘gesture’. It’s similar to doing a Nazi salute imo.

Black Lives Matter is comparable to Nazi Germany?

13 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

:dunno: If one thinks being asked to undertake a gesture in support of a movement and consider that "bullying" and thus use that as symbolic of the movement itself, chances are that person didn't really care much about the original aims of the movement in the first place - either through not really knowing what those aims are thanks to highly successful misinformation campaigns or really just not caring about police brutality against people of colour in the US. Because, and perhaps this point has been made before, regardless of the various distractions happening the original reason for BLM existing still is a problem, and still needs addressing.

At least it's reasonably clear now where those Mail readers polled on the matter stand.

Fully support each individual's freedom of choice on taking the knee but it's his reasoning that's laughable. As mentioned, the idea that he "doesn't do gestures" is ludicrous. More easily disprovable untruths coming out of his gob.

Also laughable to say he's been bullied over it. He's the most powerful man in the country and people, rightly, want to know and understand his stance on it.

Edited by Voll Blau
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Strokes said:

:nigel:

56 minutes ago, Strokes said:

What. 

In fairness his reference to bullying is a voice for/to the people is it not?

Mr Johnson said his concern was that he did not 'want people to be bullied into doing things that they don't necessarily want to do'.

That's fair enough isn't it, should people bow to peer pressure?

• Like 2