Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

1 hour ago, Ollie93 said:

My view on this virus has changed over the past few months, back in March/April I was sceptical. It has now ripped through our office, where now 6-7 people have tested positive for it. 

It’s how us humans are, until you get it or someone you know gets it, kinda palm it off, my daughter had it, no symptoms, me and the misses both didn’t get it, but my misses niece had it and need an ambulance for oxygen. 

2 minutes ago, Kingleicester said:

It’s how us humans are, until you get it or someone you know gets it, kinda palm it off, my daughter had it, no symptoms, me and the misses both didn’t get it, but my misses niece had it and need an ambulance for oxygen. 

Empathy not often extending beyond line of sight is really a thing, yeah. It's also something we could do with getting over because it's a pretty deep evolutionary flaw.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Empathy not often extending beyond line of sight is really a thing, yeah. It's also something we could do with getting over because it's a pretty deep evolutionary flaw.

I'm not so sure if is. Imagine if you were worried about single negative thing happening in the world that you were aware of but had no bearing on you. You'd just be in a constant state of depression/anxiety.

Believing something that you haven't seen with your own eyes but of which there is plenty of evidence, that's a flaw that we need to overcome. It's what makes us reactive rather than proactive.

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I'm not so sure if is. Imagine if you were worried about single negative thing happening in the world that you were aware of but had no bearing on you. You'd just be in a constant state of depression/anxiety.

Believing something that you haven't seen with your own eyes but of which there is plenty of evidence, that's a flaw that we need to overcome. It's what makes us reactive rather than proactive.

Yeah, of course too much of the other extreme isn't good either, as it would be a paralytic in exactly the way you say.

What's needed is balance based on situation, which based on both this and the oncoming climate change issues I'm not sure that we have. As you say, proactive and visionary rather than reactionary is by far the best road to tread when it comes to global problems.

26 minutes ago, Corky said:

People who refuse to wear masks are just twats, really. Nobody wants to wear them at work, on buses, in shops etc but if it helps reduce the spread of the virus then how can it be a bad thing?

Stop acting like they are targeting you and get on with it. You aren't a special case.

But...but...scientific evidence has proved that masks are completely ineffectual against this virus. It's true, I read it on this very thread.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ollie93 said:

My view on this virus has changed over the past few months, back in March/April I was sceptical. It has now ripped through our office, where now 6-7 people have tested positive for it. 

and if everyone in your office has a pretty mild experience and no evidence of  'long covid', will your view change back again ??

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Why did our deaths drop to 19 yesterday? 

which Bournemouth are you in ???  Moldova or Kenya ?   uk deaths were 194.

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

and if everyone in your office has a pretty mild experience and no evidence of  'long covid', will your view change back again ??

which Bournemouth are you in ???  Moldova or Kenya ?   uk deaths were 194.

Oh, the tracker on Google has UK deaths as 19 from yesterday. 

2 hours ago, Corky said:

People who refuse to wear masks are just twats, really. Nobody wants to wear them at work, on buses, in shops etc but if it helps reduce the spread of the virus then how can it be a bad thing?

Stop acting like they are targeting you and get on with it. You aren't a special case.

The only person who doesn't wear a face-covering at my workplace now, is someone who has received an official letter advising them to shield, but still comes into work anyway. :rolleyes:

5 hours ago, Corky said:

Did the school run again today as back on furglough and there was only 7 people I saw with masks on which is crazy. Then half of them all huddled up talking nonsense as close as possible no distancing no masks, 

32 minutes ago, Md9 said:

Did the school run again today as back on furglough and there was only 7 people I saw with masks on which is crazy. Then half of them all huddled up talking nonsense as close as possible no distancing no masks, 

Why don't you take a photo on you're phone and send it to the school.

38 minutes ago, Md9 said:

Are people supposed to wear masks then at the school gate? (No sarcasm, my two are old enough to go by themselves, so I have no idea of school gate etiquette)

10 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

The teachers and the head teacher are always on the gates so see everything that happens. They won’t tell anyone about is the parents normally kick off about any little thing at the best of times 

3 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Are people supposed to wear masks then at the school gate? (No sarcasm, my two are old enough to go by themselves, so I have no idea of school gate etiquette)

Yeah we got letters telling us to wear masks to drop off and pick people did it for about 2 weeks then stopped apart from a few 

Guest Harrydc
1 hour ago, yorkie1999 said:

This is ridiculous.. 

Since when has wearing masks outdoors been mandatory, even if the school has requested you too. 

As for children, we need to keep them away from as much exposure to mask wearing and social distancing as possible before they grow up believing this is normal. 

As soon as this covid madness is over you'll never see me putting a mask over my face ever again. 

Edited by Harrydc

17 minutes ago, Harrydc said:

This is ridiculous.. 

Since when has wearing masks outdoors been mandatory, even if the school has requested you too. 

As for children, we need to keep them away from as much exposure to mask wearing and social distancing as possible before they grow up believing this is normal. 

As soon as this covid madness is over you'll never see me putting a mask over my face ever again. 

I was replying to give him something to do other than moaning about it. I couldn't give a sh*t if they don't wear masks.

41 minutes ago, Harrydc said:

do you think you’re over reacting Harry ......... the ones who were born last year are really the only ones with a problem and once we get to next spring and the masks are hopefully put away, they will quickly forget ....... we don’t wear masks in the house ,  people on TV generally don’t wear masks .......people outside generally don’t wear masks ..... is it an issue ?? 

Edited by st albans fox

12 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Next slide please...

The data is there for all to see.  Why are govt and their decision making not being challenged over this?

Weekly deaths now running at an average around 2500/3000.  I noticed that France reported over 800 today. Even Germany almost 200. This is a lag count from the increase in cases a month ago.  the hospitals are coping at the moment but if people were left to police themselves I’m afraid it wouldn’t be pretty over here.  I can’t accept a straight comparison with Sweden - the swedes are healthier than us to begin with and their social lives are different.  I would like to think that if the data over here shows a response in cases dropping notably by the end of week three then govt should have the balls to make some changes re things like youth team sports, non risk outdoor pursuits like golf and tennis in pairs and potentially even re opening some large shops where social distancing is easily achieved .... 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Harrydc said:

This is ridiculous.. 

It is normal in some cultures. Are we so better?