Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

4 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54885657

Mass testing for 67 local areas - however the city which has been in a form of lockdown the longest (Leicester) won't be getting them. 

Yes I thought this as well, first we were the leper’s and now we’re just forgotten about.

18 minutes ago, String fellow said:

Nearly 600 deaths in the last 24 hours or one more victim every two-and-a-half minutes. This is starting to look like April all over again. When will the Covid-19 deniers get real?  

Sure, hundreds are dying, but won't somebody think about my glasses steaming up when I walk around the shops?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, String fellow said:

Nearly 600 deaths in the last 24 hours or one more victim every two-and-a-half minutes. This is starting to look like April all over again. When will the Covid-19 deniers get real?  

I said the same thing in April, but I just wish to ****ing god I could take them to visit our ICU's.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Genuine question, why can’t they publish photos of the current state of icu’s to get people to understand what’s going on 

Most UK trusts are very reluctant to allow the media in, out of respect for patient privacy.

Mine looks a bit like this, but we have more equipment around the beds as we also do a lot of ECMO:

merlin_168618483_4b3a6f1d-17f8-448a-b6e7

ca_0911NID_Brazil_ICU_online.jpg?itok=Hx

italian_doctors_forced_to_choose_their_i

ECMO machine (does the job of your lungs and/or heart while we help you fight the virus). My job is to basically to look after these all day and manage the bedside nurses:

ECMO Effective in COVID-19 Respiratory Failure Patients - Critical Care -  Hospimedica.com

We obviously have to be very strict with our resources now, you must meet very certain criteria to get an ECMO bed. Patients will usually be nursed proned (face down) to help recruit your lungs as a step before needing to be put on ECMO:

Prone.Ventilation_SS_SS2679870_resize-86

Edited by z-layrex
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Buce said:

Mrs Buce does a 10 hour shift in full PPE but these muppets can't wear a mask for 10 mins while shopping.

Pisses me right off.

But haven't you heard? It's not human! Sure we're in the middle of a pandemic and trying whatever we can to limit the damage, but the greatest minds of Foxestalk have made us aware that it isn't human, and a major inconvenience :D

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Yes.  Selling a house too, so I am stressed as **** at the moment.

Are you buying one also? Or going to renting? Or shall we call you Jon 2 houses, 1 hat (wherever you lay your hat, that has a 1 in 2 chance of being your home). Actually, you could become Jon 1 house, 1 hat. (wherever you lay your hat, that's your home). Or, well, lets be honest, any number of possibilities. Don't know why I'm being so nosy.

Hats and homes eh? Hats and homes.

Funny old world.

• Haha 1

Sky News have done a piece on the 50k deaths; realising that no one can possibly comprehend 50k as a number unless they see a stadium on 50k attendance. I wonder what they will do if deaths go above Old Trafford or Wembley capacity.

Anyway on this news article, the chap keeps referring to the stadium as having 50,000 'chairs'..... they are seats surely, not chairs. It just doesn't sound right.

Again it seems that we have too many deaths per positive case (taking into account the high number of tests carried out compared to our continental neighbours).  

sadly this was fairly predictable based on what happened in the spring and given the rate of cases by mid October .....I suppose the death rate is now reaching a level where those who argue vehemently against strong restrictions find it difficult to gain traction on here.  

27 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Again it seems that we have too many deaths per positive case (taking into account the high number of tests carried out compared to our continental neighbours).  

sadly this was fairly predictable based on what happened in the spring and given the rate of cases by mid October .....I suppose the death rate is now reaching a level where those who argue vehemently against strong restrictions find it difficult to gain traction on here.  

But, but, but Sweden....

4 hours ago, Buce said:

Mrs Buce does a 10 hour shift in full PPE but these muppets can't wear a mask for 10 mins while shopping.

Pisses me right off.

It’s amazing Buce, honestly that she does that, but that doesn’t make wearing one any less unpleasant for someone in which it induces anxiety.  Not sure what your point is? Are you pissed off with the tiny proportion of utter twats the media likes to find? Don’t waste your energy.

Edited by Jon the Hat