Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54944125

'The next two weeks will be "absolutely crucial" if England's lockdown is to end as planned on 2 December, a government scientific adviser has said.

Prof Susan Michie said the public must resist breaking the rules in order to "be in a position" to spend the festive period with loved ones.'

Fed up of hearing this bullshit:frusty:

1 hour ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Don't see what any of this has to do with the old 'rona, if I were to state my opinions on religion, Catholicism especially, I'd certainly get banned. And I'll be buggered if I start spouting about that, so leave the religion to a thread where it belongs. 

As have many young choirboys.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

'The next two weeks will be "absolutely crucial" if England's lockdown is to end as planned on 2 December, a government scientific adviser has said.

Prof Susan Michie said the public must resist breaking the rules in order to "be in a position" to spend the festive period with loved ones.'

What gets me is being spoken down to. Is she not part of the public? 

33 minutes ago, Benguin said:

Not claiming that our way of life is more important than others. Merely that church IS our way of life. Pubs, football and the like for most people (though granted with some exceptions) are a side note in peoples lives. To a Christian, the church is everything. 

To go back to the original debate. I fully supported the first lockdown. I also understand and embrace a change and sacrifice in order to beat this virus. My issue is that the balance is not right and there absolutely should be discussion and even legal challenges on getting people back to normal. 

I have scanned no more than 50 cars into one of the major COVID-19 test centres each day for a while now and see the mass amount of waste at these testing sites. At the one I woke at for example there is about 10k a day in wasted wages for people who are just sat in a cabin on their phones all day. 

I feel I have every right in asking why I can’t live my way of life following stricter precautions and measures when the government are pouring  billions of tax payer money down the drain for an ineffective test and trace system.

Don't tell me whats important in my life.

7 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

This lockdown isn’t like the first though is it? It’s a lockdown lite.

They’ve just taken the fun shit away. Plenty of infections will be from the workplace and I’m yet to see much reduction in that activity.

Just now, Benguin said:

Where did I do that? 

You said certain things weren't as important to others as going church is to Christians, you can't say that. You can't say to someone that something in their life isn't as important to them as something in your life. A lonely person who lives alone might see going to the pub and seeing the locals as their church. Football is literally the easiest thing to compare to religion, thousands of people flocking to one place each week to worship their team. Look how much time we spend talking about it, giving opinions on it etc, you telling me its just a small part of people lives. People have their passions and you have no right to claim yours is more important you than theirs is to them.

48 minutes ago, Benguin said:

Not claiming that our way of life is more important than others. Merely that church IS our way of life. Pubs, football and the like for most people (though granted with some exceptions) are a side note in peoples lives. To a Christian, the church is everything. 

To go back to the original debate. I fully supported the first lockdown. I also understand and embrace a change and sacrifice in order to beat this virus. My issue is that the balance is not right and there absolutely should be discussion and even legal challenges on getting people back to normal. 

I have scanned no more than 50 cars into one of the major COVID-19 test centres each day for a while now and see the mass amount of waste at these testing sites. At the one I woke at for example there is about 10k a day in wasted wages for people who are just sat in a cabin on their phones all day. 

I feel I have every right in asking why I can’t live my way of life following stricter precautions and measures when the government are pouring  billions of tax payer money down the drain for an ineffective test and trace system.

Whatever the atheists claim, I think you find that 90% of the U.K. is Christian, unless they’ve changed the celebration of Christ’s birth and I missed it.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

If we were the Weight Watchers Association, there would be no hidden or unhidden agenda accusing us of asking for unfair advantages.

Well there would have been if they had posted how your fellow Christian had done. That’s exactly how he came across, like someone’s right to worship was more important than things other people find important.

8 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Boris now self isolating, he's caught it from an MP on Thursday.

If only they'd followed the advice, we might have been able to spend Christmas with our loved ones:D

He hasn’t caught it ....he spent half an hour with someone who has it. Given the experience he had in the spring, I’m pretty sure he will still have antibodies 

surely they can test him for those and if he has them, daily instant swab tests can show if he is positive (which is v unlikely). If he’s negative then he can carry out his job 

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

He hasn’t caught it ....he spent half an hour with someone who has it. Given the experience he had in the spring, I’m pretty sure he will still have antibodies 

surely they can test him for those and if he has them, daily instant swab tests can show if he is positive (which is v unlikely). If he’s negative then he can carry out his job 

It would be quite remarkable if he has had a second dose.Remarkable and rather worrying in equal measure.

14 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

You said certain things weren't as important to others as going church is to Christians, you can't say that. You can't say to someone that something in their life isn't as important to them as something in your life. A lonely person who lives alone might see going to the pub and seeing the locals as their church. Football is literally the easiest thing to compare to religion, thousands of people flocking to one place each week to worship their team. Look how much time we spend talking about it, giving opinions on it etc, you telling me its just a small part of people lives. People have their passions and you have no right to claim yours is more important you than theirs is to them.

You are twisting my words. I said that going to the pub or a football match (with some exceptions) is a side note in peoples lives. I am a pretty average bloke who enjoys the pub and the football but my life doesn’t revolve around it. This is the same for most people, though not all. Pubs being closed is annoying because my social life and general enjoyment has gone down. I miss having a few pints but it’s not a major issue. 

4 minutes ago, Benguin said:

You are twisting my words. I said that going to the pub or a football match (with some exceptions) is a side note in peoples lives. I am a pretty average bloke who enjoys the pub and the football but my life doesn’t revolve around it. This is the same for most people, though not all. Pubs being closed is annoying because my social life and general enjoyment has gone down. I miss having a few pints but it’s not a major issue. 

To some people it will be, what's so hard to understand about that?

5 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

To some people it will be, what's so hard to understand about that?

I do understand that, that’s why I said it in literally three of my posts. And I’m sure those few people whose life revolves around pubs are lobbying for them to be open, so I’m not sure what you’re trying to get at? 

22 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Apologies I meant to say he was with someone who caught it.

I don't know the procedure for anyone that's had it tbh, I reckon he'll just self isolate for 10/14 days (or however long it is now).

18 minutes ago, Benguin said:

Hate to break it to you mate, but going to the church is a side note in a lot of christian's lives too.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Apologies I meant to say he was with someone who caught it.

I don't know the procedure for anyone that's had it tbh, I reckon he'll just self isolate for 10/14 days (or however long it is now).

Yes that’s the procedure but for someone who is supposed to be running the country I would have thought a bit of lateral thinking and investment in daily testing is called for and then he can go about running the country ......

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Yes that’s the procedure but for someone who is supposed to be running the country I would have thought a bit of lateral thinking and investment in daily testing is called for and then he can go about running the country ......

Then you'll have everyone moaning about preferential treatment. Remember when he was provided the best doctors earlier in the year and people were kicking off lol 'Why should he have access to the best treatment when the rest of us don't!'

I agree with you though, reckon he'll just work from home though.

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Oh for ****s sake, just relax the rules for two days on Christmas and Boxing Day if it's so important. There are more crucial things to think about such as the long term, we've missed many things this year already.