Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

20 minutes ago, Benguin said:

I do understand that, that’s why I said it in literally three of my posts. And I’m sure those few people whose life revolves around pubs are lobbying for them to be open, so I’m not sure what you’re trying to get at? 

Because all this started because its being claimed, and backed up by you that churches are somehow different to every other place where large groups gather and should be allowed to open.

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

Oh for ****s sake, just relax the rules for two days on Christmas and Boxing Day if it's so important. There are more crucial things to think about such as the long term, we've missed many things this year already.

They will I'm certain of it, just fed up of hearing these idiots blaming the public all the time.

42 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

They will I'm certain of it, just fed up of hearing these idiots blaming the public all the time.

In my local paper, there are at least five stories every day of different schools having pupils and staff isolating after positive tests.

But they've decided that schools are safe and should remain open despite the evidence.

1 hour ago, worthosoriginals said:

The bible is more of a laugh though. 

It is, I remember being bored in RE once and just happened to open the Bible somewhere in Corinthians, and found out about if a man shags a squid the man should have his legs destroyed, and the squid should be put to sleep. Not even making it up

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

If God is so powerful, the most powerful thing around as some would say, how come he didn't stop the Coronavirus from killing so many and destroying economies?

[Getting the thread back on topic, ish]

So many 'outs'. It's a punishment for (insert something we've done recently that the bible forbids - trans rights would probably do), it's a test of faith (hence we need the churches open), or the classic - he works in mysterious ways we mere humans cannot understand (global warming was so bad we needed something to cut pollution, but I thought of that so it clearly isn't the answer).

Guest Harrydc

So Boris Johnson is required to self isolate after supposedly being in contact with someone who has the virus. 

What's the chances this is a publicity stunt to convince the public this is something you can *apparently* catch numerous times? 

35 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

It is, I remember being bored in RE once and just happened to open the Bible somewhere in Corinthians, and found out about if a man shags a squid the man should have his legs destroyed, and the squid should be put to sleep. Not even making it up

It is actually mental. I opened the Bible up once and read one page and it was going on about some fella who was 800 odd years old.

I'm sorry but anyone that believes in all that garbage has a screw loose.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

It is actually mental. I opened the Bible up once and read one page and it was going on about some fella who was 800 odd years old.

Ahh but they might have been measuring in dog years 🤷‍♂️

13 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Good old methuselah - nearly reached a 1000 years in the end. But they had a better diet than us back then, don't you know? Plus, there was a vapour canopy that protected people from solar radiation before the great floods (Noah's ark).

Unfortunately a cluster of 17 positive tests in South Australia :(. As far as I know it is linked to hotel quarantine as was the Victoria outbreak. It was inevitable that these situations will arise, but still disappointing.

SA’s contact tracing system has not been tested like those in NSW and Victoria, (the same can be said of other states including my own, WA) so in my view, unless they are absolutely certain that they are on top of this, they should go straight to lockdown of selected areas ASAP until they are confident that they have control. I am aware that most people would probably view this as an overreaction, but experience has shown that taking strong action early will snuff the spread out quickly, whilst waiting will lead to a much longer lockdown later, and consequently huge economic damage as well as loss of life.

They won’t do this of course, and as a result the most likely outcome will be that they will constantly be behind the curve until it gets completely out of control. In Victoria a full lockdown was then needed for several months to stamp it out. I sincerely hope that I am wrong, and will admit that I hadn’t expected NSW to get on top of their outbreak without a lockdown, but they did.

3 hours ago, Corky said:

Oh for ****s sake, just relax the rules for two days on Christmas and Boxing Day if it's so important. There are more crucial things to think about such as the long term, we've missed many things this year already.

I agree.  If lockdown has made no difference before Christmas then there is little point continuing it.  If lockdown has made a difference then we can celebrate.

They ought to announce now that Christmas family parties can be as normal if the family wants them.  After all, telling the lonely old that "it's been a rotten year but you can see your family at Christmas" is a lot better than telling them "it's been a rotten year and it's not going to get any better, so suck it up, you're going to be miserable till next summer".  

Where's the merit in telling a 91 year old that if she locks herself up for a year and more, she will improve her chances of living for many years more?  Where's the merit in telling her that if she bypasses this Christmas, she improves her chances of living to next one - she already knows there is a high chance that this will be either her last Christmas or the last one that she can be physically or mentally active.  

There is also no merit in making people so miserable with lockdown that they die of loss of hope before they die of coronavirus.  Though im my more cynical moments I almost think that is a government policy.

7 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

If God is so powerful, the most powerful thing around as some would say, how come he didn't stop the Coronavirus from killing so many and destroying economies?

Could it be that the invisible man in the sky is indifferent, incompetent, cruel, a bit lazy? 

Yet expects you to go to a building on Sundays and wants lots of praise and worship. Outdated superstitious 

claptrap for gullibles. 

11 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Don't see what any of this has to do with the old 'rona, if I were to state my opinions on religion, Catholicism especially, I'd certainly get banned. And I'll be buggered if I start spouting about that, so leave the religion to a thread where it belongs. 

If you were a catholic choir boy, you'd be buggered allright. 

9 hours ago, Harrydc said:

So Boris Johnson is required to self isolate after supposedly being in contact with someone who has the virus. 

What's the chances this is a publicity stunt to convince the public this is something you can *apparently* catch numerous times? 

It's a spectacular own goal, if it is: This picture was taken on Thursday - note the lack of masks, and if he thinks that's that's two metres apart he needs to get himself a new tape measure.

The man is a halfwit.

1200.jpg?width=620&quality=85&auto=forma

Edited by Buce
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Nod.E said:

Were you thinking that a year back then was the same as a year now ?    schoolboy error ............he was only 400! 

9 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

A) He doesn’t get involved on a micro level Geoff ..... which begs the question .........

or 

b) it’s a test for us 

there are loads more ‘answers’ to your question and none of them make any difference to those who believe or those who don’t believe 

I guess it’s called faith for a reason ....

11 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Nope. What’s the national anthem.

So because people sit around a plastic Christmas tree and get pissed and sing a national anthem, that was adopted by this country 275 years ago you think we're mostly Christian. 

Just so it helps, I enjoy Christmas for non Christian reasons and I will sing the national anthem at an England game. But I don't give two hoots about religion and I don't do those things for religious reasons. Neither do any of my friends and family and pretty much all but a few people that I know. 

Next you'll be telling me we all believe Santa because we hand each other Christmas cards, with an image coined by Coca-Cola not that long ago. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

So because people sit around a plastic Christmas tree and get pissed and sing a national anthem, that was adopted by this country 275 years ago you think we're mostly Christian. 

Just so it helps, I enjoy Christmas for non Christian reasons and I will sing the national anthem at an England game. But I don't give two hoots about religion and I don't do those things for religious reasons. Neither do any of my friends and family and pretty much all but a few people that I know. 

Next you'll be telling me we all believe Santa because we hand each other Christmas cards, with an image coined by Coca-Cola not that long ago. 

Santa is more beleivable than Jesus tbh

11 hours ago, Corky said:

For all the hot air there’s no way they’d do it, no one would follow it and the whole country would hate them for it. There’s nothing to gain by being the government that cancelled Christmas 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, RobHawk said:

Santa is more beleivable than Jesus tbh

Jesus is just about believable for me.

It's the idea of an omnipotent God that's not. As if. Get over yourself. It's like the bacterium in a person's arse crack thinking that the person watches their every move and judges them, stands silent whilst they do things wrong and is petty enough to punish them at the end of days. The Christian verson of God is petty, vindictive, and controlling. 

30 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

"Shut the **** up, mask the **** up, grow the **** up". Has a better ring to it than "Hands, Face, Space".

The picture I posted earlier completely undermines that message, though.

Standing there barely two feet apart without a mask is on a par with Cummings eye test excuse in terms of encouraging public compliance.