Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

32 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

I know what you mean, just take the furlough scheme for instance firstly they say it will stop in July then they extend it to October then extend to December then March now bloody end of April 21 for crying out loud just pick a date for it to stop :dunno:

EDIT: Can't be arsed for internet arguments, not on Xmas eve.

:beer:

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

12 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

HBD mate:beer:

What a shit day to be born on thoughlol

Thanks!

Lol i think any of the few days before or after xmas can be but at the same time i don't know any better per say.  The one thing i know is family never had excuses not to come by so if anything it ruined their xmas shopping and pre prep plans. 

Edited by Jattdogg

1 hour ago, z-layrex said:

We unfortunately had to go to a Tesco to get some things we forgot from our online order. We went to Tesco as its open all night we could go very late when it was more quiet. Most people were in masks and very considerate.

I do remember seeing this one maskless guy, early 20s, walking around with a smug look on his face like he was proud of it. I'm not a violent person in any way, but in that second I wanted to fight him with every fibre of my being.

That's where your inexperience lets you down, mate...

Fibres are too soft, won't hurt anybody.

Edited by Buce

2 hours ago, z-layrex said:

We unfortunately had to go to a Tesco to get some things we forgot from our online order. We went to Tesco as its open all night we could go very late when it was more quiet. Most people were in masks and very considerate.

I do remember seeing this one maskless guy, early 20s, walking around with a smug look on his face like he was proud of it. I'm not a violent person in any way, but in that second I wanted to fight him with every fibre of my being.

I was browsing in a charity shop in Market Harborough last week when a young lady close by lowered her mask and coughed a bronchial cough in my direction. I'm not quite sure what she was thinking, but I was not amused! 

2 hours ago, The Fox Covert said:

Against my expectations in Leicester this Christmas. Vaccine had apparently run out at the General this morning. I am in Tier Group 7 so I won't get mine for months but close family who is top priority less happy at missing out.

You'll be March.

Not bad at all.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Strokes said:

Needs to move a bit faster to be honest.

Whats that 1% of the population  in over 2 weeks? It’ll take 4 years at that rate.

Rate will get quicker just as did with testing capacity.

This is also without the Oxford vaccine that is going to make life easier

800k in the first three weeks is not bad at all. 

• Like 1

A paper (not yet peer reviewed) has been produced by the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine on the new Covid-19 variant, link below.  They conclude that this variant is 56% more transmissible than the previous variant and that in order to bring the R value below 1 primary schools, secondary schools and universities would have to close.

https://cmmid.github.io/topics/covid19/reports/uk-novel-variant/2020_12_23_Transmissibility_and_severity_of_VOC_202012_01_in_England.pdf

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Crinklyfox said:

A paper (not yet peer reviewed) has been produced by the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine on the new Covid-19 variant, link below.  They conclude that this variant is 56% more transmissible than the previous variant and that in order to bring the R value below 1 primary schools, secondary schools and universities would have to close.

https://cmmid.github.io/topics/covid19/reports/uk-novel-variant/2020_12_23_Transmissibility_and_severity_of_VOC_202012_01_in_England.pdf

I assume that they will want to keep schools open at the very least and therefore will have to accept the R staying slightly above 1 - but everything else will stay shut and those areas which are currently in tier 3 will head into tier 4 by mid jan ...

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I assume that they will want to keep schools open at the very least and therefore will have to accept the R staying slightly above 1 - but everything else will stay shut and those areas which are currently in tier 3 will head into tier 4 by mid jan ...

Suspect secondary schools could be at risk 

It has been an excellent thread throughout,with some fantastic contributions.It has been my main source of information.I would like to thank everyone on both sides of the argument(If you can call it that)The regular posters have all offered something.Even a good sense of humour when things looked pretty dodgy back in March.Surely our fanbase must be top of the league when it comes to intelligence.However as much as I have appreciated it,I would love nothing more than this particular thread to be on page 89 this time next year.Might be a tad optimistic with that one.

• Like 3