Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

28 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I worry about these epidemiologists who being rolled out asking for 'asia' style restrictions and 'aim for zero covid'. No western society has managed that and no western society will put up with those sort of restrictions. For example, outdoor mask introduction would be stupid, it would basically eliminate any opportunity of running outside.

Outdoor mask wearing has been mandatory here for ages, and everyone does it, you literally never see anyone without one, even people walking on their own. We see plenty of runners and cyclists too, all wearing masks. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

So the Bournemouth arrest video was all a set up by a group of Covid deniers 

Clearly they were very bored..

It's quite surprising in how the lockdown have made some people unbalanced.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

If the restrictions get harsher and the rumour of removal of support bubbles goes ahead then I’m done with this government, I’ll not cope without my support, I rely on it for my sanity.

Where have you heard/read this? 

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-more-than-200-000-coronavirus-jabs-a-day-as-uk-on-course-to-meet-vaccination-target-12183970

Hancock says we're currently doing more than 200,000 vaccines a day, but we're on course to hit the targets set so far.

I'm looking forward to the vaccine numbers being released daily, might be a little bit of positivity everyday to see that we're getting closer.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Exactly. Yet which one is more likely to spread the virus?

There's zero consistency at all. Large groups of different households standing around = Allowed. Two women travelling 5 miles in seperate cars to go for a walk together = Not allowed.

I took my two little dogs out this afternoon for their Sunday afternoon walk.

We walked along a few roads, then through a little wood and then through the park. We were out about an hour and probably walked a couple of miles

If I saw anyone coming up the paths, I crossed the road with a little nod and kept walking. 

The park had a few people in it, mostly dog walkers, and we kept our distance.

We had our exercise, as safely as I could make it. We got out, we had fresh air.

This is what I’ve been doing for months. It’s enough for us.

Is it really so difficult or demand so many ifs, what’s and maybe’s?
Why did those two women ‘need’ to get drive five miles to do this? I’d suggest they didn’t ‘need to’, but that they ‘wanted to’

At the moment people can’t do everything they might ‘want to do’. There’s a pandemic that’s VERY transmissible, and it’s killing people. And not only old people.

For the moment, use your noddle, get your exercise but do it locally and do it safely.

I’ve done the same thing with shopping. I’ve done ‘big shops’ by ordering online and ‘little shops’ locally. The ‘corner shop’ on the estate has been a lifeline in this respect.

I’ve not been near a superstore for months.

Doing all this in this way hasn’t been ‘difficult’ by the way. I’ve just tried to think more about it and it’s been fine 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FoxesDeb said:

Outdoor mask wearing has been mandatory here for ages, and everyone does it, you literally never see anyone without one, even people walking on their own. We see plenty of runners and cyclists too, all wearing masks. 

Outdoor mask wearing has never been mandatory. Only indoors. Very few people do it.

EDIT: I'm assuming you're UK based?

Edited by Nod.E

16 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I took my two little dogs out this afternoon for their Sunday afternoon walk.

We walked along a few roads, then through a little wood and then through the park. We were out about an hour and probably walked a couple of miles

If I saw anyone coming up the paths, I crossed the road with a little nod and kept walking. 

The park had a few people in it, mostly dog walkers, and we kept our distance.

We had our exercise, as safely as I could make it. We got out, we had fresh air.

This is what I’ve been doing for months. It’s enough for us.

Is it really so difficult or demand so many ifs, what’s and maybe’s?
Why did those two women ‘need’ to get drive five miles to do this? I’d suggest they didn’t ‘need to’, but that they ‘wanted to’

At the moment people can’t do everything they might ‘want to do’. There’s a pandemic that’s VERY transmissible, and it’s killing people. And not only old people.

For the moment, use your noddle, get your exercise but do it locally and do it safely.

I’ve done the same thing with shopping. I’ve done ‘big shops’ by ordering online and ‘little shops’ locally. The ‘corner shop’ on the estate has been a lifeline in this respect.

I’ve not been near a superstore for months.

Doing all this in this way hasn’t been ‘difficult’ by the way. I’ve just tried to think more about it and it’s been fine 

Given it's the most recent and talked-about example, what if the 2 women did this as well? What's the issue, then?

9 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Not everyone lives within a stones throw of parks and woods. 

Exactly, I think a vast majority of people just consider their own scenario and wonder why its an issue for others to follow suit. I include myself in that vast majority admittedly.

9 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Some people have become really strange over the last year. There’s questioning about absolutely everything, I think, borne out of boredom and frustration.

Common sense seems to have gone out the window in favour of ‘what if I did this, what would happen if I do that’ etc rather than ‘let me think this through and be sensible and safe’

There’s a real blame game going on too. ‘The government should have done this, they’ve got this wrong, it’s someone else’s fault etc’

Self responsibility seems to have vanished in favour of critiquing everyone else’s view

Weird times...

As much as I agree that people need to use common sense and take responsibility for their actions, the issue is, some people don't have common sense. Common sense suggests that you don't drive a car under the influence of any mind-altering substances, but if there wasn't clear ruling on that issue with serious repercussions, more people would do it. The bottom line is 'use your common sense' can never be used as a directive because some people simply don't have it and those people have a negative effect on those that do. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

I hate how the government have turned this pandemic into blaming the public and getting people to turn on each other. They have totally diverted all attention away from how badly they have handled the whole thing. 

Gonna sound all conspiracy but I have a mate who said this from literally the first couple of weeks, he said by the end of it the public would be blaming each other and all the poor Governments decisions would be forgotten about. He says the same about classes to be fair, that Governments get the middle class to blame the working class and vice versa. I've always said he's talking bullshit but I actually have agreed with him the past few months. It's all now the public as to why we're in this position, the billions spent on a poor track and trace system has been pushed into the background.

39 minutes ago, grth2004 said:

She lives in Spain if I remember right 🤔

Where i went,  no one wore them for exercise and the guidance also states this. I noticed all the workers on a building site didn't wear them either.  However, it was extremely tiresome wearing one all the time and it was a huge relief coming home. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

I hate how the government have turned this pandemic into blaming the public and getting people to turn on each other. They have totally diverted all attention away from how badly they have handled the whole thing. 

considering the amount of people that was rebelling against governments prior to this virus it's not really a surprise not just this country all over the world.

look at America people fighting against each other..

1 hour ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Gonna sound all conspiracy but I have a mate who said this from literally the first couple of weeks, he said by the end of it the public would be blaming each other and all the poor Governments decisions would be forgotten about. He says the same about classes to be fair, that Governments get the middle class to blame the working class and vice versa. I've always said he's talking bullshit but I actually have agreed with him the past few months. It's all now the public as to why we're in this position, the billions spent on a poor track and trace system has been pushed into the background.

It was signalled early on when they encouraged neighbours in communities to snitch on each other if there's any breaking of the rules. Shifts responsibility away from themselves. 

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, StanSP said:

It was signalled early on when they encouraged neighbours in communities to snitch on each other if there's any breaking of the rules. Shifts responsibility away from themselves. 

What a lot of hot air Stan! 

The reality is yes the government have certainly made mistakes, such as test and trace which has been a hugely expensive failure.

But so too have the public with their unwillingness to change and apply some common sense.

Do you REALLY believe what you are writing? (Not just you, but others) or are you still just playing the ‘blame game’?

There’s bloody conspiracy all over the place.