Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

50 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

As someone working in a GP surgery, you're a twat if you phone up asking to be put on priority for the vaccine. Wait your turn, everyone will get one, there's nothing we can do but book you in as and when the vaccine is available. 

Do they give a reason? Any comically flimsy ones?

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

Usually starts off something like ‘I know I shouldn’t ask’ or ‘I know the recorded message says not to but....” then we tell them where we’re at with the vaccine rollout and ask for their patience, to which they either say ‘that’s no good I’m stuck in doors until I get mine’ or ‘yeah but I’m sure there must be a way to get mine sooner’. Bloody infuriating the amount of time it takes up on already limited phone lines or restricted reception areas. 

Can’t think of too many good ones off of the top of my head, usually it’s just aggressive people trying to bully admin workers into booking them somewhere that just isn’t physically possible on the system we use. Or you get a few who have had checks or blood tests for things before that think that they have a current diagnosis of something that deems them clinically vulnerable. 

Can you put in the recorded message that you need the lines free for other patients/don't have time to waste, so people asking for the vaccine sooner will simply be told no, and the phone call ended?

3 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Usually starts off something like ‘I know I shouldn’t ask’ or ‘I know the recorded message says not to but....” then we tell them where we’re at with the vaccine rollout and ask for their patience, to which they either say ‘that’s no good I’m stuck in doors until I get mine’ or ‘yeah but I’m sure there must be a way to get mine sooner’. Bloody infuriating the amount of time it takes up on already limited phone lines or restricted reception areas. 

Can’t think of too many good ones off of the top of my head, usually it’s just aggressive people trying to bully admin workers into booking them somewhere that just isn’t physically possible on the system we use. Or you get a few who have had checks or blood tests for things before that think that they have a current diagnosis of something that deems them clinically vulnerable. 

So people that want to go out? I suppose if they've been shielding for ages, I've got some sympathy, but if not, f*** those guys.

It's not surprising that people get over-excited. A lot of folk can't bear the thought of other people being prioritised over them, and not being able to do anything about it. Again, f*** them

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

Someone at work is younger than 60 and I don’t think classed as vulnerable yet has had a call today for their vaccine on Thursday which I don’t understand.

Does it matter, we’ve all got to be vaccinated before they let us out again, better to be last than first where human guinea pigs are concerned.

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

Someone at work is younger than 60 and I don’t think classed as vulnerable yet has had a call today for their vaccine on Thursday which I don’t understand.

You'd be surprised how many people with 'invisible' diseases are classed as vulnerable mate (and don't like to talk about it). I mean looking at me you'd think I was fit as a fiddle and in the peak of good health, but inside I'm a fvckin mess.

13 minutes ago, Izzy said:

You'd be surprised how many people with 'invisible' diseases are classed as vulnerable mate (and don't like to talk about it). I mean looking at me you'd think I was fit as a fiddle and in the peak of good health, but inside I'm a fvckin mess.

I definitely get the impression you are a mess lol. The reason I say it is because I’m 99% sure she hasn’t got anything, I’m not bothered just curious when some of the high risk groups are still to go.

I think it's just the haphazard way it's being rolled out which is causing paranoia that they may have been missed.

I now know of 6 under 70s with no health issues that have have either had the jab or are booked in for it.

My parents both mid 70s and my Dad shielding for the last 10 months have heard nothing, all in Leicester.

19 minutes ago, Rain King said:

I think it's just the haphazard way it's being rolled out which is causing paranoia that they may have been missed.

I now know of 6 under 70s with no health issues that have have either had the jab or are booked in for it.

My parents both mid 70s and my Dad shielding for the last 10 months have heard nothing, all in Leicester.

Thats what I mean. I understand that if vaccines are left at the end of the day and need using but it’s different to someone with no issues getting a call before others with issues that live a few miles apart.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Salisbury Fox said:

Really interesting interview with the CEO of AZ about the issues of production, the EU issue and how the UK got a head start:

https://www.repubblica.it/cronaca/2021/01/26/news/interview_pascal_soriot_ceo_astrazeneca_coronavirus_covid_vaccines-284349628/

Can I just say thanks for posting this.  The article is fascinating.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, filbertway said:

That's rubbish to hear...did you say that some of these groups seemed to be purposefully spreading the virus?

Probably not "purposefully spreading", but certainly ignoring it in the name of their deity enough that it spreads anyway, which pretty much amounts to the same thing. Aggravating.

2 minutes ago, Nick said:

Well allowing 18 million people into the country on flights and taking 12 months to implement any sort of significant border quarantine restrictions whilst relying on an imaginary track and trace system will do that.

The media tone seems to be changing with this figure Nick. It’s far more challenging now, postulating different theories for our terrible record. There will be a public enquiry of course. 

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Over 100,000 Covid related deaths now in the UK

Absolutely shocking figure. 

Shocking, we've really ****ed this up. I sincerely hope lessons are learnt.

Really sinks in for me how many people that actually is when you realise Wembley is 90K seats. It's an astonishingly high number. 

However, I wonder what the actual total will be, as many people simply with covid upon examination are being put down as covid deaths. But this isn't fully the time for technicalities. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Over 100,000 Covid related deaths now in the UK

Absolutely shocking figure. 

Well, that’s what happens when we get shoved into lockdowns too late, then get taken out too early.

Border quarantine should have been in place at some point last year, bit late copying the likes of Australia on that front now.

The list could go on.