Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

25 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Yeah I think we're lucky down here that the rollout is progressing quite quickly. I'm Group 4 too and feel fortunate to get my first jab yesterday.

I feel fvckin horrendous today though. Woke at 2am shivering and couldn't breathe with a tight chest. Up all night with the worst headache and fever ever. Feel totally zapped and no appetite/energy. Hopefully these side effects wear off soon :unsure:

Did you get given a leaflet on side effects?

If you feel that they are severe then there should be a way to report them.

32 minutes ago, Kopic said:

Don't know if its been posted before, but those in Leicestershire who are over 70 and/or clinically extremely vulnerable can now book their own vaccine without waiting to be contacted 

https://www.leicestershospitals.nhs.uk/patients/covid-19-information-hub/covid-19-vaccination/

They have all gone, 1000 a day for 7 days, just tried to get my dad one but it was to late.

3 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Wouldn't it be in everyone's interests just to set up vaccine production plants all over the world 

I guess it is not an overnight job, expansion of existing plants and people is likely to be much quicker.  I am sure there will be some new ones popping up though.  Fortunately the AstraZeneca vaccines is made in the UK, as I don't like where this EU storyline is going, wouldn't surprise me if they co-opted all production from Belgium which is providing our Pfizer doses.

7 minutes ago, Izzy said:

My immune system is fvcked mate (hence being in the vulnerable group). I stopped having the flu jab years ago as it made me feel rank for days after so no surprise I feel shit after the Covid one too.

Look after yourselves people. Life is nothing without your health. 

Feeling rank is probably better than dying from flu. I would get your jab if you are vulnerable.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Izzy said:

My immune system is fvcked mate (hence being in the vulnerable group). I stopped having the flu jab years ago as it made me feel rank for days after so no surprise I feel shit after the Covid one too.

Hope you are feeling better soon mate.  

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Look after yourself bud

👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

Feeling rank is probably better than dying from flu. I would get your jab if you are vulnerable.

You're absolutely right of course. I'm just a big pussy and really should get back in the habit of a yearly flu jab.

34 minutes ago, Izzy said:

You're absolutely right of course. I'm just a big pussy and really should get back in the habit of a yearly flu jab.

At least you know that your immune system is doing something. Vaccine side-effects wont seriously harm you but covid could. Fortunately, give it a week or two, you're protected at the very least from a serious case of covid, and probably covid completely. 

• Thanks 1

So I keep seeing articles about the government being confident they'll have enough supplies to hit their target...am I going mad or were there not articles a few weeks ago where the government said that we already had enough stock to vaccinate the top 4 vulnerable groups?

3 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Another 150-odd cluster cases (about 1/3 of the daily total) from another missionary training school over here.

I'm not sure "virus" was the Word that the Man Upstairs wanted spreading, guys.

That's rubbish to hear...did you say that some of these groups seemed to be purposefully spreading the virus?

The Government are stepping up the guilt-tripping by showing people needing oxygen and "telling them you don't bend the rules".

I mean, only a few months ago quite prominent people were prepared to shake their hand. Times really have changed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Izzy said:

You probably ought to. Flu is another coronavirus and the smart scientific talk is that the flu jabs for the autumn of 2021 will include a top up to combat the latest mutations of Covid-19. This is so that we don't run the risk of a further wave of infections and tens of thousands of deaths in the winter of 2021-22. Meanwhile I was at my GP surgery yesterday and I was told that although I am not over 65 I have been put in Tier 6 for vaccination. Considering that vaccination of all the over 80s in my town was completed over three weeks ago and they started over 70s last week my turn is not that far away. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

The Government are stepping up the guilt-tripping by showing people needing oxygen and "telling them you don't bend the rules".

I mean, only a few months ago quite prominent people were prepared to shake their hand. Times really have changed.

The prominent person with a messy barnet that you are talking about just can't resist the oxygen of publicity!

I get the impression from the tone of the discussion in these pages that the reaction to the virus has pretty much followed the “stages of grief”, starting with denial and anger.

The hospitalisation stats seem to have definitely turned the corner now, so coupled with the rapid vaccine rollout in the UK it looks like things should get better in due course.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/healthcare

19 minutes ago, The Fox Covert said:

You probably ought to. Flu is another coronavirus and the smart scientific talk is that the flu jabs for the autumn of 2021 will include a top up to combat the latest mutations of Covid-19. This is so that we don't run the risk of a further wave of infections and tens of thousands of deaths in the winter of 2021-22. Meanwhile I was at my GP surgery yesterday and I was told that although I am not over 65 I have been put in Tier 6 for vaccination. Considering that vaccination of all the over 80s in my town was completed over three weeks ago and they started over 70s last week my turn is not that far away. 

Flu is not a Coronavirus https://www.cdc.gov/flu/symptoms/flu-vs-covid19.htm

Over 65's are in group 5 for the Vaccine and have been from Day1.   https://www.cdc.gov/flu/symptoms/flu-vs-covid19.htm

4 hours ago, Izzy said:

And you look after yourself matey ..  :thumbup:

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Izzy said:

Sort yourself out you twat 

The forum needs its resident all round good guy :thumbup:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

As someone working in a GP surgery, you're a twat if you phone up asking to be put on priority for the vaccine. Wait your turn, everyone will get one, there's nothing we can do but book you in as and when the vaccine is available. 

:ph34r: £20 is yours to get one early

• Haha 1