Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

40 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Out for the weekly shop and been told I couldn't enter Tesco with Mrs. Noddy, which was a first. Didn't realise that had been brought in as a measure?

There's a sign outside every supermarket I've been in for months. They might be getting stricter with it, and I imagine make judgement calls on each couple they see.

This story in Handelsblatt about Oxford-AZ is a worry either way. German politicians briefing that it’s only 8% effective in over-65s which follows reports that the EMA is only going to approve it for under-65s. Doesn’t include any data to prove it, nor anything on the record. But it might be worth noting the FDA isn’t rushing to approve it because of trial data errors.

If it is true, well then the UK’s vaccination success is not a success at all and would undermine future efforts massively. Plus a lot of the world is relying on it. If it’s not true, then wtf are the Germans doing briefing it. I know they’re pissed off cos AZ isn’t fulfilling its supply arrangement but that’s a seriously irresponsible way to respond.

Edited by Kopfkino
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, yorkie1999 said:

I always thought that meant you weren’t supposed to go below 70, to aid traffic flow.

It's funny how in the highway code, there are (or certainly used to be)  minimum speed sign examples.  A blue circular sign i think.

I never believed any real life examples existed.  But i did once see one, many years ago.   Can't remember where.   

I wouldn't be surprised if there are none anymore.  The Police would probably object on principle now.

3 minutes ago, bovril said:

Germans seem to think AZ vaccine efficiency is extremely low on over 55s and may not approve it.  

2 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

This story in Handelsblatt about Oxford-AZ is a worry. German politicians briefing that it’s only 8% effective in over-65s which follows reports that the EMA is only going to approve it for under-65s. Doesn’t include any data to prove it, nor anything on the record. But it might be worth noting the FDA isn’t rushing to approve it because of trial data errors.

If it is true, well then the UK’s vaccination success is not a success at all and would undermine future efforts massively. If it’s not true, then wtf are the Germans doing briefing it. I know they’re pissed off cos AZ isn’t fulfilling its supply arrangement but that’s a seriously irresponsible way to respond.

My sister made sure that my 93 y o mother got the Pfizer jab.  We told the GP that we simply didn’t want the AZ jab because there wasn’t evidence it was effective in the elderly age group .....that was weeks ago ....surprised its suddenly news .... of s not going to help the country get out of this mess ..... the states and places like Israel will end up living their lives normally whilst we struggle on until the spring weather helps us out ...... and even then the newly endemic highly transmissible strain will likely keep indoor hospitality shut ....

• Like 1

It looks like I shall be eligible for the vaccine shortly, however, I am allergic to wasp/bee stings and may not be able to have the vaccination. 

My GP wants me to see an allergist to check me out. Just wondering if anyone else with allergies has been told that they can't have the jab?

****ing next level disaster if true.

I know there’s a lot of politics around the AstraZeneca vaccine & the EU so hopefully it’s just that gotten out of hand, otherwise we are truly screwed given where we’re at with our rollout. 

Equally if false, whoever has leaked this ‘fake news’ should be prosecuted. 

Edited by Lionator
  • Like 1

I think we’re starting to see the problems with red tape in the EU. The U.K. purchased millions of doses of the vaccine last July and are now delivering . EU countries are still struggling for approvals. The bitching is beginning. And if Boris had any political nous about him, he should be offering the Italians and Greeks free AZ vaccines once the U.K. has been vaccinated.

Edited by yorkie1999

3 hours ago, Nod.E said:

Out for the weekly shop and been told I couldn't enter Tesco with Mrs. Noddy, which was a first. Didn't realise that had been brought in as a measure?

Personally think it’s a great measure and needs enforcing more. No offence to you 

• Like 1

Has anyone who has tested positive had itching or a rash? Over the past 4 days myself, my other half and my mum who is in my bubble have all mentioned similar prickly heat type feelings on our backs and ive got a few visible bumps on my chest.

Edit, the bumps are separate to my man tits.

Edited by Costock_Fox
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

No reason to believe Germany is more reliable than our medical boards.

I trust we aren't rolling it out without the necessary evidence.

Sounds like the original tweet has been deleted so maybe there was a mis communication and the wrong info given out ?

Edited by Super_horns

48 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Has anyone who has tested positive had itching or a rash? Over the past 4 days myself, my other half and my mum who is in my bubble have all mentioned similar prickly heat type feelings on our backs and ive got a few visible bumps on my chest.

Edit, the bumps are separate to my man tits.

Anticipated Side effects apparently, should go away from what I’ve read.

We should know soon enough from our own data if that German report has any credence. I'd be surprised if it's deliberate misinformation as a backlash to the supply issues

I've seen it mentioned that 8% of the participants in the trial were over 65 and it could just be a ridiculous misunderstanding. But that would be crazy to stake a journalistic reputation on that without triple checking you'd got it right.

Edited by martyn

31 minutes ago, martyn said:

We should know soon enough from our own data if that German report has any credence. I'd be surprised if it's deliberate misinformation as a backlash to the supply issues

I've seen it mentioned that 8% of the participants in the trial were over 65% and it could just be a ridiculous misunderstanding. But that would be crazy to stake a journalistic reputation on that without triple checking you'd got it right.

Your average journalist is not very intelligent.