Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

19 minutes ago, Robo61 said:

It's certainly is good news,  but we have been ahead of that league table for more weeks than any other EU country and still are ahead in overall numbers.  But what's it's got to do.with Brecit either way I'm not sure.

People need to feel justified, pretty simple. Just let them believe it and all is well.

58 minutes ago, bovril said:

Oh and a week of violence in N. Ireland.

So glad we're out of the 'Reich'. 

Yeah but if England is okay, what or who else actually matters?

I just don't get it. Why should I be more bothered about somebody dying in Rotherham than in Calais?

On 06/04/2021 at 21:50, Harrydc said:

Have you ever needed a vaccine to go to something as simple as a football match or a pub? 

What a silly comparison. 

No its not silly..he just  wanted to go to a Football Match and Enjoy the Aftermatch celebrations/wake in a pub,that just happens to be in an Another country..:giggle:

WE have around Europe incl.UK,  Vaccination programmes, that we are given when we are young,so we can survive & participate in our  society ,

Just Think this has a booster..  for Tetanus.etc.Where some neighbouring countries might occasionally insist on Carrying proof on odd occasions

34 minutes ago, Robo61 said:

It's certainly is good news,  but we have been ahead of that league table for more weeks than any other EU country and still are ahead in overall numbers.  But what's it's got to do.with Brecit either way I'm not sure.

Because if we were still in Europe we’d be dictated to by a load of bureaucrats in Brussels and would probably be in the same position now as La Francais.

our death rate has been fookin awful but our vaccine roll out is pretty much why we are now seeing some light 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Nick said:

Yeah but if England is okay, what or who else actually matters?

I just don't get it. Why should I be more bothered about somebody dying in Rotherham than in Calais?

You’re twisting it a bit there Swanny  ..  of course I am concerned about any death but if we were still part of the EU there would probably be a death in Calais and Rotherham because of the speed they take to make decisions ..   and the “We don’t want to use the Az vaccine but we’re stopping you getting it” attitude is puzzling to say the least.  This isn’t really about brexit but how a single nation can make quicker decisions ..  

Edited by Countryfox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

You’re twisting it a bit there Swanny  ..  of course I am concerned about any death but if we were still part of the EU there would probably be a death in Calais and Rotherham because of the speed they take to make decisions ..   and the “We don’t want to use the Az vaccine but we’re stopping you getting it” attitude is puzzling to say the least.  This isn’t really about brexit but how a single nation can make quicker decisions ..  

Isn’t being out of Europe enabling us to make quicker decisions? I thought that was the idea?

1 hour ago, bovril said:

We've had the most deaths, one of the worst economic hits, and possibly the worst lockdown after Ireland. 

Im not sure about the deaths as I think they might be recorded differently in different countries ... and we’ve all had economic hits and lockdowns to contend with  ... and I’m not really sure what that’s got to do with the EU anyway. 

1 hour ago, bovril said:

Oh and a week of violence in N. Ireland.

So glad we're out of the 'Reich'. 

Yep you’re right ..  there is always going to be problems in NI ..  personally I’d hand it over to Eire and let them sort it out.  The violence will probably ramp up but eventually the situation might get better. 

10 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Im not sure about the deaths as I think they might be recorded differently in different countries ... and we’ve all had economic hits and lockdowns to contend with  ... and I’m not really sure what that’s got to do with the EU anyway. 

Yep you’re right ..  there is always going to be problems in NI ..  personally I’d hand it over to Eire and let them sort it out.  The violence will probably ramp up but eventually the situation might get better. 

Hand what back? NI? So effectively relocating thousands of UK citizens to another country? 

8 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

You've solved the UK / EU border problem.

Get on zoom to London, Brussels and Dublin asap.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Irish unification is still the minority opinion in NI.

The situation isn't like Scotland where Westminster has to approve it.

From what I've always understood. It's written into the Good Friday Agreement that if Irish unification ever becomes the popular opinion in NI and looks like it would win a referendum, then the power for a referendum is in the hands of the NI government.

And there's no way even Boris would try to reneg the Good Friday Agreement. No British or Irish PM in their right mind ever would.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, adejo92 said:

I am probably alone in this thought but i feel as though the only thing keeping Covid alive now is the media and their continued scaremongering. I always had the news app on my mobile and would always be greeted with the latest death tolls or the latest impending restrictions etc etc.

I deleted the app around 2 months ago and other than the restrictions that are in place, i wouldn't realize Covid was still around. I don't live my life in worry and feel much happier.

The Media thrive on scaring the public.

I tend to agree. Covid is all but finished in this country. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Good to see that more than 100% of the 75-79 year olds have been vaccinated...

Surely that should just say 100% (or about 100%).

To do with the census I think mate, was only done a few weeks ago, so on paper we've probably only got 6 million (random number) 70-75s but in reality there's 6.8 million or something.

48 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Because if we were still in Europe we’d be dictated to by a load of bureaucrats in Brussels and would probably be in the same position now as La Francais.

our death rate has been fookin awful but our vaccine roll out is pretty much why we are now seeing some light 

As I am sure you know healthcare is not an EU competency and therefore each country are responsible for their own Covid response. Hence there are big differences in their outcomes.  Not sure how anyone in any seriousness can forgive the deaths this government has been responsible for on the back of the vaccine delivered by an organisation the Tories would destroy if given the opportunity.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Tbh I suspect most people would rather take the 0.095% risk of getting blood clots to the much higher risk of getting seriously ill with COVID long term or worse.

I realise you said " most" ...Bit this One normal guy , is sitting between the cracks..

Or "No place to go"  when you suffer from Chronic circulatory disorders/ Chronic wounds....

After a very Active Adventure trekking,Exploring life, its still difficult to accept/understand

Just to give another perspective...!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Robo61 said:

As I am sure you know healthcare is not an EU competency and therefore each country are responsible for their own Covid response. Hence there are big differences in their outcomes.  Not sure how anyone in any seriousness can forgive the deaths this government has been responsible for on the back of the vaccine delivered by an organisation the Tories would destroy if given the opportunity.

Again, easy loose connections being be made as you mention.

Hungary is the highest vaccinated nation in the EU. Why? Because they chose to negotiate with Russia and China for supply of their vaccines. In combination with silly rules, their death rate remains high. Unsurprisingly their leader is also a narcissist. 

This is the second nation highlighted on this thread who’ve reported continuing death trends despite vaccination levels being high when comparable to others. It’s a very big lesson in taking time in releasing the restrictions. Both have a similarity using the China vaccine

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

45 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

To do with the census I think mate, was only done a few weeks ago, so on paper we've probably only got 6 million (random number) 70-75s but in reality there's 6.8 million or something.

Would make sense. Funnily enough the random number I came up with was 6 million too!

It does make the figures look a bit skewed. For example the 80+ band may actually only be 88% in real numbers.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Robo61 said:

Oh I completely agree. The NHS and other agencies delivering the vaccines have been the real heroes. Then again, so have the people who have been able to obtain them so quickly